MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: MechHero world map update v.3.6 (external tool) [110803]  (Read 40380 times)

adamsky

• Administrator
  • Nova
    • Email
Re: MechHero world map update v.2 (external tool) [Nov28]
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2010, 03:29:09 PM »

It's working now. It started to work when I launched it from FF.

Thanks Baka!

adamsky

• Administrator
  • Nova
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2010, 09:02:26 AM »

This tool is great!

It will be great help for planning alliance operations!

Domorak

• Vulture
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2010, 10:12:44 PM »

Great tool so far even thought its made in flash(and yea i hate flash :P).

Thought id love for an easyer way to change the color coding when searching by alliance, its a pain if you want to paint specific alliances in specific colors.
Oh and if you could make those colored borders a little wider, depending on the collor you use its realy hard to see em.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 10:17:49 PM by Domorak »

Baka

• Athlas
Re: MechHero world map update v.3.2 (external tool) [Dec15]
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2010, 07:37:05 AM »

haters... anyway, i think the problem with colors is having white base makes it difficult to see other colors. so adamsky, sorry but the color code for city size doesn't work out that well. it's been taken out. the sizes still varies according to city points.

next up, update. v.3.2. please see first post to download.

Rodvil

• SpiderTank
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2010, 10:54:31 PM »

It is much better now, Baka!
Great work, man...

Baka

• Athlas
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2010, 12:12:08 PM »

thanks. but after looking at it again, i completely forgot to add in the function that caused me to rebuild the map in the first place. i ll add it in the next update.

Kalc Foo

• SpiderTank
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2010, 08:13:53 PM »

I get a connection error when trying to get map data and I tried adding the url to Flash's Global Settings.  Maybe I didn't do it right.  Can somebody post instructions?
I'm talking about mech fu fighting.

Vin Vile

• Vulture
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2010, 09:39:35 PM »

Try any standalone flash player. I couldn't get past that connection error when using web browser, but the first free flash player I found on the net did the trick. Cheers!

adamsky

• Administrator
  • Nova
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2010, 10:42:41 PM »

I had the oposite situation. When I was trying to run it as stand-alone app I had connection error. It started to work when I dragged it into browser window.

Baka

• Athlas
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2010, 03:34:53 AM »

actually, if you read the trouble shooting in the first post, you are not suppose to add in the url of the map data. you are suppose to add the "file" or "folder" in your harddrive as an exception. i think this is so that flash programmes that run from your computer and can connect to the net can only do so with user's permission.

so if you haven't, try this. Go to your desktop and create a folder called "mechheromap". move mech hero map of any version into that folder. run the map program and download data. if it asks OK or Settings, choose settings.

IF no pop up appeared and it says connection failed, then drag map program into browser, right-click, global settings. (yeah, i don't know why global settings only appear when i dragged it into FF.) Look at the left panel and click on "Global Security Settings panel".

in global settings, add the location of "mechheromap" not map data. since it's on your desktop, it should be something like "C:\Doc&sets\username\Desktop\mechheromap".

Then try downloading again.

i only added the view map data for those who wants to see the raw data or to test if mapexport.html is running. mostly, it should be ignored.

Vin Vile

• Vulture
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2010, 05:04:00 PM »

Works like charm Baka, you have a gift for customer relations :) Cheers!

Baka

• Athlas
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2010, 05:09:55 PM »

thanks. let me know the pros and cons if you find some. maybe even suggestions.

Kalc Foo

• SpiderTank
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2010, 06:57:21 PM »

I will describe what I did with Chrome and Firefox to make Mech Hero World Map work.  This same procedure should work in other browsers.

1) Move mechheroworldmap.vN.N.swf to the directory/folder you want it to permanently be.
2) Open mechheroworldmap.vN.N.swf into a tab using Ctrl-o.
3) Right-click and choose Global Settings...  That brings up the Flash Player Help page.  What I thought was strange at first, is that the help pages themselves are how you control your personal Flash Player settings.
4) Choose "Global Security Settings panel" from the list in the upper left, under "Settings Manager."
5) Click on the "Edit locations..." spin box and choose "Add location..."  Select where you have your mechheroworldmap.vN.N.swf file using "Browse for folder..." and confirm it entered the correct folder in the box below.
6) Reload the tab that has mechheroworldmap.vN.N.swf running in it.

It should work now.  If anybody finds I should clarify the instructions, or I left something out, I'll edit this post so it can be referred back to.

Now, after seeing this tool for the first time, I have to say I am very impressed!  Good work Baka!  This is very nice.

Edit: Removed reference to old troubleshooting instructions that aren't there anymore.  Made it just the instructions, since it is being linked to from the first post.  Confirmed it works with Firefox, and updated instructions because of what you can now do using Global Security Settings panel.  It's a little simpler.  Removed my wish list because Baka made it all come true!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 06:57:24 AM by Kalc Foo »

Baka

• Athlas
Re: MechHero world map update v.3.3 (external tool) [Jan05]
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2011, 01:02:54 PM »

happy new year to you all. and here is a minor gift.

an updated to version 3.3. (visit first post to download file)

added multiple maps to accomodate the endgame scenarios. meaning moons are now mapped. though it would be empty for the time being until the endgame scenario starts.

also it seems there are a lot more alliances this time around and it didn't look that nice with them nodes out of the search box, so I added pages.

enjoy

edit:
@Kalc Foo:
what do you mean by doing other stuff?

I was already thinking about travel time. but being busy all the time and lazy to come up with the math for the speed to time, it kinda got shelved. maybe someone can help me out and give me the formula.

I have tried the tooltip thing before but it doesn't work very well. flash has to constantly track the mouse location along with the database and that really upset the system. it lags tremendously. running 262144 loop everytime mouse move a pixel would upset even the fastest consumer pc out there. I really want it too. maybe i ll find someway to do it some other time................................................................ actually, an idea just pop up and it might work. if it does, you'll see it in the next update.

Thanks for the trouble shooting help and suggestions.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 01:21:25 PM by Baka »

Kalc Foo

• SpiderTank
Re: MechHero world map update v.3.3 (external tool) [Jan05]
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2011, 09:34:39 PM »

@Kalc Foo:
what do you mean by doing other stuff?

(This is with version 3.2.)  After I highlight my cities by typing in my name, I want to keep them highlighted when I highlight another player's cities the same way, the way you can add an alliance and keep the player's cities highlighted.  Also if a city is clicked on, the player's cities that were highlighted will cease to be.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6