MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Weapons Guide  (Read 28557 times)

Kalc Foo

• SpiderTank
Re: Weapons Guide
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2010, 04:45:11 AM »

Currently energy weapons do more damage, and that's the only advantage they have over ballistic weapons.  Ballistic weapons have more range, weight less, use less cells, and cost less to produce.  Energy weapons have just slightly better accuracy.  How about increasing the accuracy of all energy weapons except the Plasma Grenade Launcher and Plasma Flame Thrower, to even up the groups a little more?
I'm talking about mech fu fighting.

adamsky

• Administrator
  • Nova
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2010, 05:25:44 PM »

I think the biggest problem was RG2 that really was better than anything else. Now it will be a bit weaker and top energy weapons should get as good as RG2.

The rest seeems to be ok. Ballistic weapons (in general) have a bit more balanced parameters. Energy weapons tend to be more extreme.

DukeM

• Athlas
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2010, 07:45:56 PM »

I think the biggest problem was RG2 that really was better than anything else. Now it will be a bit weaker and top energy weapons should get as good as RG2.

The rest seeems to be ok. Ballistic weapons (in general) have a bit more balanced parameters. Energy weapons tend to be more extreme.

I cannot quite follow you there. An Increase of Range that applies to all weapons is supposed to make RG2 weaker ? Does not feel very logic to me. Especially if you consider that the current top Energy weapon, the tesla, is not gaining as much range as all other weapons.

You probably ran a whole bunch of simulations on this but i expect that the RG2 will stay the same in relation to other weapons.

adamsky

• Administrator
  • Nova
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2010, 08:02:59 PM »

+15 correction should not influence overall weapon balance - it's only a necessary fix to adjust parameters to new algorithms

Tesla will be a little bit weaker than RG2. EMP will be the best one.

Additionally 5 new weapons will be introduced in next few days: 2 ballistic, 2 energy, 1 a-b.

Kalc Foo

• SpiderTank
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2010, 06:56:20 PM »

1. Range of all weapon will be increased by 15. With new battle algorithms Mech covers certain area and few units can't be placed in the same spot. Minimal distance between two units is now 16. We will increase all weapons range and modify accuracy formula to balance this.

I noticed that two Spider Tanks charging at each other with "stick to target" don't get closer to each other than about 17.  Plasma Flame Thrower has little hope to fulfill its potential with that limitation.  Since the closest now will be 16, is 16 going to be 100% accuracy instead of 0?  It really needs to be for the short range weapons.

adamsky

• Administrator
  • Nova
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2010, 07:28:22 PM »

I noticed that two Spider Tanks charging at each other with "stick to target" don't get closer to each other than about 17.  Plasma Flame Thrower has little hope to fulfill its potential with that limitation.  Since the closest now will be 16, is 16 going to be 100% accuracy instead of 0?  It really needs to be for the short range weapons.
With previous algorithm reducing distance to 0 was also nearly impossible.

Yes, accuracy 100% will be now at distance 16.

Kalc Foo

• SpiderTank
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2010, 03:25:55 AM »

Are area of effect weapons going to damage friendly units in the blast area?

adamsky

• Administrator
  • Nova
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2010, 07:49:39 AM »

Yes, splash will affect also friendly units.

sponge

• Nemesis
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2010, 11:14:08 AM »

ooohhhh im liking the sound of new weapons
could you let us know the exact date
dont want to research anything stupid before hand

adamsky

• Administrator
  • Nova
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2010, 11:28:38 AM »

Don't hesitate to make researches - new weapons will not require Tech Lab at all.  8)

There will be:
- Power claws - close combat ballistic weapon. Short range, more deadly than Plasma Flame Thrower.
- Kinetic canon - very heavy, ultimate sniper rifle. To big to put it on Puma. Perfect long-range weapon for bigger Mechs.
- Phantom rifle - small and ligth mid-range energy weapon with decent firepower. Similar to RG2, but energy and with low weigth.
- Deflector - short-mid-range energy weapon with spalsh.

Splash damage will propably be added to: Mortar, Plasma Grenade Launcher, LR86sf, Cluster Missile, Thor Missile.

Still not sure if EMP Bombs will have splash damage. Propably not - I want to make EMP Bombs different than Mortar.

amardez

• Vulture
Balance Changes
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2010, 11:10:25 PM »

Wow those were some interesting changes, I am happy to see the RG2 being toned down, as for the rest of the them i was interested so see the min, Mech distance.

As for the new weapons more that don't require, dose pose some balance and as for making the flamer weaker why would you use them if the Power claw is better at close range most people i know use flamers with stick with target, but we will see after the changes go through.

Splash damage : ) well that is one i am happy to see it will make it a little harder to swarm people with Raptors.

Kinetic cannon -  I am VERY happy to see the note about puma's but I am not sure if I like the aesthetic of it being a ballistic weapon (that is just me however).

And i was happy to see EMP bombs getting a leg up they currently seem to be ignored for Rg's and Tesla Guns because of the Large about of research required

adamsky

• Administrator
  • Nova
    • Email
Re: Balance Changes
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2010, 06:00:31 AM »

As for the new weapons more that don't require, dose pose some balance and as for making the flamer weaker why would you use them if the Power claw is better at close range most people i know use flamers with stick with target, but we will see after the changes go through.
You need to obtain a special, very rare artifact to produce Power Claws. :)

Kalc Foo

• SpiderTank
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2010, 04:28:33 AM »

Do all five new weapons require artifacts?

By the way, I already cleared out warehouse space for those, and gave new training to my mech hangar crews, but the new weapons never came.  ???  What's the story on their appearance?

adamsky

• Administrator
  • Nova
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2010, 06:41:15 AM »

All new weapons will require artifacts. Artifacts will be spawned among most advanced (and heavily defended) NPC locations.

Ofcourse you can also take an artifact from your enemy. :)

sponge

• Nemesis
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2010, 03:18:14 PM »

just want to check

does that mean that artifacts will be closer to the centre of the earth then?
not sure exactly  how well developed they are closer to centre

or will bots simply be replaced with NPC locations of varying difficulty

on a separate note
@ amardez
im addicted to clicking on that monster thing to see what it turns into lol haha
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6