MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Weapons Guide  (Read 27884 times)

adamsky

• Administrator
  • Nova
    • Email
Re: Weapons Guide
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 12:14:33 PM »

you can arm your Mech with weapon even if you can't produce it

ballistic and energy weapons can be used continuous - rockets and anti-building weapons can be used only once

schneider

• Vulture
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 12:30:04 PM »

i think the guide need to add general information about some of these faq..    :)

Kalc Foo

• SpiderTank
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 06:16:59 PM »

Even if you can't produce the equipped weapon yourself, if it is missing after a battle, and you have another one in your warehouse, you can re-arm it.  I think that's what the 2nd question was about.  Why the weapon is missing after the battle doesn't matter when re-arming.
I'm talking about mech fu fighting.

jynx

• Raptor
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2010, 10:09:00 PM »

very helpful guys thnx...

Huh?

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2010, 04:45:08 AM »

weapon vs prod time, weapon vs resource? Not even mention above. Important too. More important overall than DPR/W or DPR/C.

Ex1: Build 10 ST with RGII x 5. now destroyed by attack, recover time? resource to build?

Ex2: Build 10ST with RGI x 6. now destroyed by attack, recover time? resource to build?

RGI better for recover time. Better for resource. Others examples too.

Even resources cost vs DPR/W/C vs prod time. Time most important than anything, then DPR/W, then DPR/C, then accuracy. assume resource

None on chart. Redo DPR/W/Time, DPR/C/Time, DPR/W/Resource. DPR/C/Resource please.
Even DPR/W/Time/Resource, DPR/C/Time/Resource.

Find damage per production second most. Understand??

adamsky

• Administrator
  • Nova
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2010, 10:59:04 AM »

When it comes to production cost and production time it's very simple: most effective are Light Machine Guns and Ligth Lasers.

Each "next generation" of weapons costs from 50% to 100% more. In the same time firepower rises by 10% ~ 20%.

Since main limitation for your army is cell usage, focusing on LMGs is not the best idea. You simply build the best weapons you can afford at the moment. Everyone starts from the cheapest weapons and as the game progresses we all go for more expensive equipment. Ofcourse if you have problems with resources or you need to build your army very very fast, you can always go back from producing RG2 or Tesla to something less sophisticated.

adamsky

• Administrator
  • Nova
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2010, 09:42:20 AM »

There will be a serious fix in weapon balance in next few days.

1. Range of all weapon will be increased by 15. With new battle algorithms Mech covers certain area and few units can't be placed in the same spot. Minimal distance between two units is now 16. We will increase all weapons range and modify accuracy formula to balance this.

2. Prices of advanced rockets will be reduced. We will lower the difference between most advanced missiles (Plasma, Long-range, Thor) and Cluster missile.

3. New EMP Bombs conception. EMP Bombs will be redesigned from short-range weapon to something similar to Mortar. At the moment this weapon is rather useless. It's the most expensive weapon that requires 25 labs - we have to make it worth it's cost.

4. Small fixes in other weapons.
- LR86 and LR86sf will get longer range
- RailGun II will be renamed and it's accuracy will be reduced
- Tesla range will be reduced and it's accuracy increased

Let me know what you think. Also let me know if you see any other problems with weapon balance - we will try to fix it too.

DukeM

• Athlas
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2010, 10:41:51 AM »

Maybe i am completely wrong but the Tesla gun has quite some disadvantages compared to other similiar weapons which kept me from using it. The short range is one of them, the massive weight and cell usage is another one. Sure the damage is higher then that of similiar weapons, but i cannot quite imagine the tesla gun will be used anymore if its already short range gets even shorter. It is just too heavy and to high in maintenance to make any sense anymore to me then.

All my simulations characterized the current tesla already as a no-go, but as i said, maybe i am wrong :)

Fade

• Athlas
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2010, 11:23:31 AM »

Maybe i am completely wrong but the Tesla gun has quite some disadvantages compared to other similiar weapons which kept me from using it. The short range is one of them, the massive weight and cell usage is another one. Sure the damage is higher then that of similiar weapons, but i cannot quite imagine the tesla gun will be used anymore if its already short range gets even shorter. It is just too heavy and to high in maintenance to make any sense anymore to me then.

All my simulations characterized the current tesla already as a no-go, but as i said, maybe i am wrong :)

I'm not going to get into why, I just want to say I disagree. I love the telsa gun.
NINJA

adamsky

• Administrator
  • Nova
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2010, 12:36:18 PM »

Tesla Gun range will be reduced only by 5, to 45 (60 when you add 15 from distance fix). This will be partially compensed by higher accuracy.

Tesla Gun has very high firepower at max range (the only weapon better at max range is Plasma Flame Thrower). In the same time it's range is bigger than in typical short-range weapon. Tesla has high accuracy so reducing distance is not increasing it's firepower very much.

Tesla Gun is good if you need a weapon that causes similar damage to short range weapon, but allows you to stay out of typical short-range guns (like PFT).

Big weight is not that bad - it makes Tesla Gun harder to destroy during combat. It also reduces time required to arm your Mech.

sponge

• Nemesis
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2010, 09:05:30 PM »

not sure if i like the idea of tesla being reduced
i am just coming up to production soon and i think that it fairly well balanced as is
i thought that its current balance was going to be countered by its already large cell concumption

adamsky

• Administrator
  • Nova
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2010, 08:32:08 AM »

I don't plan to reduce Tesla. I just want to remodel it a bit: shorter range, bigger firepower. At the moment it is to much similar to AMG.

MoocherChiken

• Raptor
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2010, 07:05:48 AM »

BAWK!

I would have gone the other way with the LR86 series, or at least the LR86sf.  Make them have a shorter range and higher accuracy and giving them to your Brawler mechs.  This would make them more useful in the higher levels of the game when players have armies with sub-groups that have different roles.

adamsky

• Administrator
  • Nova
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2010, 09:18:54 AM »

accuracy around 72% - 76% is max I can give to LR86 (with keeping current parameters)

Great Scott

• Athlas
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2010, 03:30:44 AM »

"I would have gone the other way with the LR86 series, or at least the LR86sf.  Make them have a shorter range and higher accuracy and giving them to your Brawler mechs.  This would make them more useful in the higher levels of the game when players have armies with sub-groups that have different roles." MoosherChiken

I gotta say I agree with Moosher.  The LR 86 series would be better off with better accuracy and same range as present.
LR86sf should def see improved accuracy because of the tech improvements required to get there.

Because of their low accuracy I don't see many players using them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6