MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: new mechs?  (Read 1598 times)

Lantiis Xylioset

• Vulture
new mechs?
« on: March 24, 2010, 03:59:09 AM »

And again... (Yeah I have thoughts though they don't need to be looked into, just suggestions to build up more interest in this kind of game) ... You could add in different types of mechs and possibly different types of maps. Like for example: If you had parts of the maps that are made of water and need to be crossed. You could add water type mechs like subs that can be fought there or support vehicles that can build outposts in the water which could add more types of fighting and mining (Mining as in raw materials to make water based mechs, equipment etc only) And air type mechs like copters or jets, or even mechs that are air based but can change into a land base at the cost of strength. And possibly mechs that are for defensive purposes only that you can place around your base.( I noticed there were defensive stuff in the factories, I just haven't gotten that far so I'm throwing ideas out.) But again, these are all just thoughts, no need to take them into thought if too complex or if it doesn't meet your expectations of this game.

adamsky

• Nova
    • Email
Re: new mechs?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 11:55:28 AM »

There may be some problems with crossing water on the map, etc. We are thinking about such modifications, but I'm afraid you will have to wait for Mech Hero 2 to see this. :)

New types of Mechs will be tested, but in the beggining we will place them at custom locations (where you look for special equipment). We will see how it works and perhaps later we will allow to produce them. Don't hesitate to drop your ideas (like air Mechs) as we want to make some modifications to battle algorithm (like adding area force fields or special types of attack).

I'm already thinking about introducing defensive Mech. It would have very low speed (for example speed 1) so attacking with such unit would be rather useless.

Dobq

• Wolverine
Re: new mechs?
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 07:51:34 PM »

Personally I would also add mechs underground (which would not gave to build underground bases and on (under) water, or even in the air?) except that now it was pointless because it was for example 30 novas and some mechs flying, and here the point is that everyone should be able to down move in these environments, even instead of making such mechs water could create items that will allow such mobility.  ::)