MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tips & tricks  (Read 11772 times)

Czaky

• Puma
Re: Tips & tricks
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 03:47:16 AM »

Gameplay: General Question [Questions From Czaky, Answers From: AndyMadas]

Q1. What is the purpose of the Red, Green, and Blue map flags?
A1. You can flag other cities (map grid) to conveniently send attacks to them later. Also, just to mark certain coordinates you are interested in. Use the colors to your liking.

Q2. How do I get rid of the map flags after I no longer need them?
A2. When on the map just click on the flag (map grid), then click the flag color again and it will disappear

Hope this helps,
Andy

From quickly compiling everyone's tips in this forum
1. Taboq Tip: Specialize tech research in three citys to get all techs production ability (See #6c Adamsky Tips).

2. Combined Tips: Mark an 'Arming Location' with a flag (somewhere centralized between all cities).

3. Combined Tips: Send Transporters with mech equipment from all cities to the 'Arming Location' via flag tag (Stock Pile via Transporters [Mobile Warehouse]).
3a. Combined Tips: Send Transporters around with equipment as a support group for forward attacking force (Forward Mobile Re-Arming Base by nearest location of attack).

4. Send Mechs to the 'Arming Location' via flag tag (For Equiping or Re-Arming).

5. Liquides Tip: Ctrl + Left Click on a map grid to re-center map position quickly.

6. Adamsky Tip: Fully load all mechs and never leave more than 10 unused capacity (Otherwise, mech unit with 50% equipment is a waste of resource when used).
6a. Only use Plating and Force Fields on medium and large mechs.
6b. Rockets only shoot once then need to be reproduced -- Or quickly send the mech to the Forward 'Arming Location' via flag tag, then repeat attack & re-arm.
6c. First base should focus on mechs, with other bases specializing in weapons, shields, and transports (Techlab productions have to be planned for 5 to 6 cities for best productivity).
6d. Friends and allies can cooperate with Techlab Production Planning and share produced equipment.

7. Pankleks Tip: When a unit is not in use, drop some or all (disarm) mech equipment to recover cell production for storage.
7a. Re-arm/Re-equip mech unit when ready to use for action.

8. Combined Tips: Mechs can be moved around cities for arming or stationing.

*I think that covers the whole thread. Sorry if this is redundant, but I like reading a single clean post as a quick reference card of an entire thread. Thanks everyone. ;D

AndyMadas

• Nemesis
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2010, 04:15:19 AM »

Awesome work Czaky! Thanks for this :)
"No risk - no exp." - adamsky

Desktopheroics

• Raptor
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 04:19:09 PM »

Good tip... log in daily =P
(iphone 3Gs allows me to log in EVERYWHERE =P)

Whisker Biscuit

• translations_en
  • Vulture
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2010, 02:47:33 AM »

Great tips; thanks! :)

jynx

• Raptor
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2010, 10:01:54 PM »

wow info I could have used YESTERDAY!!!

Though if Id check the forum more often I suppose I would have had it....>sigh<

sponge

• Nemesis
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2010, 10:46:15 PM »

anything and i mean anything you want to know is on the forum
mech hero admin admin will post you a direct thread or some of the veteran players will do it as well
if you looking for info just start your own thread in general discussion
thats what i did

futatol

• Wolverine
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2012, 04:04:47 AM »

pretty much min mech to use in your first city is puma, your 2nd city you will want have atleast spider tanks to make and use
by the time you have 4 or 5 citys you should ab mechs sci tech done.  make stuff you think you will use or alliance will use

it does not hurt to do other mech sci techs and make them if your going to use them

if you do Medium Transport Platform its better to do it at your first city or 2nd one , someone will do x-2m and x-2x down the line , but later in the game you should make something more usefully at that city with mtp

if you start later than the first week pretty much its a good idea to make spider tanks and buy stuff off the market and try to get in a alliance

most likely its alot easier to buy something than make stuff, if you depend on the market too much you will have wait for wanted stuff, if you can make shields and plating faster than travel time its better you make it and wait for it to be done

and you should ask yourself when making something  is it worth raise tech lab up past 23 lvl rather than doing it in a new city

most likely after your 4th or 5th city its worth maxing tech lab to get harder stuff done at lvl 23, 24, and 25, depending on  if you need a another city  to get farms, npcs if your area gets too crowded with players.

Pages: 1 [2]