MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tips & tricks  (Read 12698 times)

adamsky

• Nova
    • Email
Tips & tricks
« on: March 10, 2010, 09:10:14 PM »

List of tips & tricks will be updated in first post. Drop you suggestioon what to add in this thread. We will move this topis to FAQ & Manual later.

1. Make sure your Mechs are fully loaded. Try not to leave more than 10 capacity unused. Sending to battle Mech that is equipped only in 50% is wasting an unit.

2. Don't put Platings and Force Fields on small units in first stages of the game. They are far more usefull on mid-sized and large Mechs. The only exception is a decoy (Mech that runs as front line and takes all damage).

3. Be carefull with rockets. They are mostly used as tactical weapon. Remember that rocket shoots only once - after one shot you have to produce a new one and rearm your Mech.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 09:11:59 PM by adamsky »

pankleks

• Nova
Re: Tips & tricks
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 09:26:17 PM »

Too big cells usage?

If you are not using your unit at the moment - you can drop some (or all) equipment from the unit.

Equipment (like weapons, shields transport platforms) is not consuming cells when it's not ON the unit.

You can use button (Drop all equipment) at unit screen.

Remember to re-arm unit back when you wish to use it,
Also if someone will attack you and your unit has no equipment on ... well ... too bad for you ;)

So be careful with this trick!

« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 09:27:55 PM by pankleks »

Luquides

• SpiderTank
  • Luq s QL
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 02:32:18 PM »

MAP,

hold CTRL + left mouse click somewhere on the map to center on that square (faster map movement)
"Basic Combat" by adamsky - a must read

Print Screen software www.gadwin.com/printscreen
Upload Pictures for free http://www.imageshack.us
Learn about your friends http://translate.google.com

Corintiago

• Athlas
    • Dota para Iniciantes
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 02:54:44 PM »

Nice.
Thanks for info!
 :)
My Blog: DOTA

adamsky

• Nova
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 05:57:04 PM »

Most important building in game is Tech Lab. It is limited to 25 levels and each level allows you to build only 1 Laboratory. Use "Calc" tab in Tech Lab to plan what you want to build in your base.

First base should be focused mostly on Mechs. Next bases can be specialized  in any way (weapons, shields, advanced transport platforms).

Stay in touch with friends from your alliance and cooperate with them when planning your Tech Lab. One person can specialize in advanced weapons, someone else can focus on platings or force fields. You can trade with each other. It's the easiest way to have top class equipment for your units. You can't build everything on your own (unless you have more than 5 - 6 bases).

Taboq

• Puma
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 09:33:13 PM »

Most important building in game is Tech Lab. It is limited to 25 levels and each level allows you to build only 1 Laboratory. Use "Calc" tab in Tech Lab to plan what you want to build in your base.

First base should be focused mostly on Mechs. Next bases can be specialized  in any way (weapons, shields, advanced transport platforms).

Stay in touch with friends from your alliance and cooperate with them when planning your Tech Lab. One person can specialize in advanced weapons, someone else can focus on platings or force fields. You can trade with each other. It's the easiest way to have top class equipment for your units. You can't build everything on your own (unless you have more than 5 - 6 bases).

If in base I research only Mechs, and in a second one I produce force field and weapons, can I build Mechs in all cities and guns & shield in all cities as well?
Considering that 69 is the currently maximum of researches available in the Tech Lab (as displayed in the Calculator menu) and each city can research up to 25 techs, then with 3 cities I can have all thecnologies of the game?
buahahah I am going to rule this world!! :D
"Experience goes from real combat, not from target practise. :)"
   -- badwolf --

Kaze

• Vulture
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 09:39:39 PM »

not before i do  8)

~When you think that already have all the answers, life comes and change all the questions.~

pankleks

• Nova
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 09:44:12 PM »

Taboq:

No - in single city you can produce items only from this city techlab. That's the beauty of it - you really have to plan your techlabs:)

However mechs, you can move them between the cities (as they would be build in that city)

Taboq

• Puma
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 10:05:27 PM »

Taboq:

No - in single city you can produce items only from this city techlab. That's the beauty of it - you really have to plan your techlabs:)

However mechs, you can move them between the cities (as they would be build in that city)

Hummm... so.. can i built teh strongest Mech in one city, move to another, arm it, move to another, put the shields on and so on?
In a way that I can fully tech up my Mech?
   -- badwolf --

Taboq

• Puma
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 10:09:46 PM »

not before i do  8)
>:(
Hey kaze, how can I destroy you if I cant find you in the game list??
[Oh wait, you could be stronger... so never mind that]
:P
   -- badwolf --

Luquides

• SpiderTank
  • Luq s QL
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 10:23:32 PM »

Taboq:

Hummm... so.. can i built teh strongest Mech in one city, move to another, arm it, move to another, put the shields on and so on?

sure you can move your mech around to rearm it at each city....
trick and tips continue....

instead of moving your mech around to rearm it - use transporters and move your items around - rearm your mechs at 1 good location*

*location, this so big trick that i'm not selling it just yet...

Taboq

• Puma
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 12:09:22 AM »

Taboq:

instead of moving your mech around to rearm it - use transporters and move your items around - rearm your mechs at 1 good location*

Uhhhh.. but you just gave it for free!!! hehe :D
Great tip by the way.
Best regards
   -- badwolf --

Luquides

• SpiderTank
  • Luq s QL
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 12:17:12 AM »

not before i do  8)
>:(
Hey kaze, how can I destroy you if I cant find you in the game list??
[Oh wait, you could be stronger... so never mind that]
:P

lol

AndyMadas

• Nemesis
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 12:35:58 AM »

Ufff, I am beginning to be scared. You guys seem to know more about the game than we (the developers) do ;)
"No risk - no exp." - adamsky

Luquides

• SpiderTank
  • Luq s QL
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 12:40:13 AM »

Ufff, I am beginning to be scared. You guys seem to know more about the game than we (the developers) do ;)

Andy I'm telling you! be scared, 1st day they change location 2nd day they change nick name 3rd day they take server bum bum! russian hackers!

and btw. we (the normal human flesh) know nothing...

Pages: [1] 2