MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Auto-Transport  (Read 195 times)

Robert-MH

• Vulture
Auto-Transport
« on: April 18, 2018, 01:05:36 PM »

We want to propose implementation of whole set of automation mechanisms, which we believe relieve strongly players from micromanagement.

I believe you agree with me that mech dying from starving is one of the most confusing event in Mech Hero. Players has to manually transfer cells (also other resources) to one or few points where army is stationing.
Auto transport is a periodical job, which every player (which purchase that) can configure for any his city.

Player configure in city transport params:
1)   WHAT (cells, crystals, gas, item type)
2)   HOW MUCH (provided amount, max)
3)   WHERE (city destination)

Job is launched periodically (to be determined - every hour or rarely) if meet requirements launches transport (transport vessels, missions, resources etc).

It help not only avoid starving, but also keep production and transport chains. Different cities may specialize in cells and equipment production and all this may be automatically transferred to army rally point.
This mechanism affects heavily database performance, so we have to assess that also from this point of view. Besides additional revenue this is also reason why this should be purchased. Player can purchase such option valid for a week.

I think that this not change existing mechanics, but would a nice and useful add-on.
Would you like such feature?

BTW. In next topics I will describe auto-harvest, aut-upgrade, auto-combat and possibly more automations. In long perspective such mechanism allow that most of the infrastructure could be possibly automated and players would focus on planning, strategy, diplomacy, alliances and other social activities which makes this game exciting :)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 01:25:51 PM by Robert-MH »

Lech

• Raptor
Re: Auto-Transport
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 08:59:59 AM »

To nie jest potrzebne. Podstawowe kierunki rozwoju gry.
1. Zacheta dla średnich i nowych graczy
2. Nowe mechy i bronie (typu Bionic)
3. Nowe zakończenie gry. Walka zwycięskiego sojuszu na księżycach. Z potężnymi NPC i twierdzami.
It is not necessary. Basic directions of game development.
1. Cache for medium and new players
2. New mechs and weapons (Bionic type)
3. New ending of the game. The struggle of the victorious alliance on the moons. With powerful NPCs and fortresses.

sweety

• Raptor
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 06:13:34 PM »

3. New ending of the game. The struggle of the victorious alliance on the moons. With powerful NPCs and fortresses.

I strongly agree. Building spaceships is just... we are not playing SimCity right?

New weapons and mechs would also be cool. Something to shake long standing tactical schemas and tournament setups.

Chairman

• Raptor
  • Humanitas vero est superior
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 07:28:12 PM »

New weapons and mechs would also be cool. Something to shake long standing tactical schemas and tournament setups.

I would like some variations for equipments and weapons...please

Furion

• Vulture
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 02:41:57 AM »

We want to propose implementation of whole set of automation mechanisms, which we believe relieve strongly players from micromanagement.

I believe you agree with me that mech dying from starving is one of the most confusing event in Mech Hero. Players has to manually transfer cells (also other resources) to one or few points where army is stationing.
Auto transport is a periodical job, which every player (which purchase that) can configure for any his city.

Player configure in city transport params:
1)   WHAT (cells, crystals, gas, item type)
2)   HOW MUCH (provided amount, max)
3)   WHERE (city destination)

Job is launched periodically (to be determined - every hour or rarely) if meet requirements launches transport (transport vessels, missions, resources etc).

It help not only avoid starving, but also keep production and transport chains. Different cities may specialize in cells and equipment production and all this may be automatically transferred to army rally point.
This mechanism affects heavily database performance, so we have to assess that also from this point of view. Besides additional revenue this is also reason why this should be purchased. Player can purchase such option valid for a week.

I think that this not change existing mechanics, but would a nice and useful add-on.
Would you like such feature?

BTW. In next topics I will describe auto-harvest, aut-upgrade, auto-combat and possibly more automations. In long perspective such mechanism allow that most of the infrastructure could be possibly automated and players would focus on planning, strategy, diplomacy, alliances and other social activities which makes this game exciting :)
Yes the above would help a lot.
The ability to customise weapons and equipment would be awesome. for arguments sake , say I was able to give LRR ( Long Range Rifle) a greater range but in so doing reduce the damage it does or if I increased the effectiveness of a shield or armour by increasing its weight.
Applying the same sort of logic to mechs , sacrificing speed for armour or Armour for greater speed or greater weapons and equipment capacity.
To be able to trade mechs or hire them out as mercenaries would also be a good thing.
Tagging all the mechs and equipment produced with the name of the player who produced them would also be cool.
To be able to customise the way the mechs look in a better way than you can at the moment would also be good. A new Security building that you can develop and train items like spies , city capture units and saboteurs.
Bonus cell, gas and crystal production levels based on Cities built and infrastructure points so say a second city produced would when the city average score reached 800 generate a bonus cell production of 2% and 4% to both gas and Crystal 3 cities would generate 4 and 8 % this type of bonus would continue until it maxes out @ 20% for cells and 40% for gas and crystal when the 10th city has been built. This will address the current pay to win situation and make it a fairer more level playing field for all.
Please , make the current reward for completing the tutorial a permanent super hero account.. frankly using a calculator to work out how many harvesters to send to a debris pile is a bit silly.
The game really works on an 8x8 grid there is a free tool out there that allows you to see were all the main resource tiles are , it shows all the 8.1.1, 6.2.2 , 2.4.4, 4.2.4, 4.4.2 and by default the 3.3.4 tiles. With practice it is possible to force NPC to spawn next to your cities thereby making NPC farming very effective . This is achieved by leavin some res on every grid square except for those right beside the city. Currently there is no way to identify who has taken res from the grid piles. Perhaps the radar system can have a new research ability that would warn you that player xxx has harvested from tile 0.0. On the s1 server small players cannot be attacked by players that are too far beyond them in size. So currently would not be able to attack a player that was taking res from that area.What if, as in some games , if a player took res that he had not created from a loot pile , he had his size protection switched off for 24 hours ... 

looking forwards to future developments :)

Robert-MH

• Vulture
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 08:07:22 PM »

As I am reading what players writing here and in Pw's automation mechnisms are welcomed, but also new enhancements (weapons, units, abilities, missions, etc.) are very expected. In other way players want to this game start living :)

I think existing equipment has a lot of potential for enhancements. For example we have a bunch of wepons in range c.a.100, having technology tree developed, but rarely used in game even as a secondary weapon (Railgun II, Adv. Machine Guns, Ion Pulse Guns, Tesla Gun ....). I think add some abilities to them would add new possibilities for new tactics. Will  share more details soon.

Unique  items and mechs (having abilities, characterists, emblems, colors etc.) - definitely in completely rewritten, Mech 2.0 version with 3D Models. This will take some time and requires rework mechanics (1 equipment item per 1 slot). But this efforts may make Mech Hero one of the top MMO game :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 08:22:15 PM by Robert-MH »

sweety

• Raptor
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 11:37:26 PM »

Currently there is no way to identify who has taken res from the grid piles. Perhaps the radar system can have a new research ability that would warn you that player xxx has harvested from tile 0.0. On the s1 server small players cannot be attacked by players that are too far beyond them in size. So currently would not be able to attack a player that was taking res from that area.What if, as in some games , if a player took res that he had not created from a loot pile , he had his size protection switched off for 24 hours ... 

looking forwards to future developments :)

Is res stealing that much of a problem? From what I've seen most people just proxy build on the edge of the map and are done with it.