MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: New 2.0 Suggestions  (Read 1042 times)

ian hawker

• Raptor
Re: New 2.0 Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2018, 10:28:32 AM »

in my honest opinnion  removing or leaving the alliance limits will have no impact on the game . at this time the player base is too low for it to have any impact on it .
A) leave the limit .. you get all the same players heading to one alliance and the game becomes a sim build game because they are all good players perfect example last server . the hussars spent 3/4 of the game playing a sim building games
B) open up the alliance limit and now everyone tries to get in that alliance, again the game becomes a sim building game because noone wants to be outside the aliance

a good player will take 1 maybe 2 servers to be come good at the game but then will not want to set up on his own due to not enough players to compete against the uber alliance .

most people flock to play with each other in the same alliance .. friends of friends and even if they cant get in they set up a 2nd alliance that dosnt attack the uber alliance . so again you get a sim building game

i dont know of a way to combat this but the fact the game has lost so many good players due to the previous inactivity and lack of development  ... so as i say i cannot see playing with alliance limits will alter anything .

Storm

• Raptor
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2018, 12:56:47 PM »

Well, a big problem is little to no support. 

I reference 'no emailed credits' from last S1.  Lech did say he finally got his, however invalid and I have not heard anything.  I would be spending them now if I had them. 

Two games ago I started playing towards the end.  With only one city I was AB'd a few times and it was almost impossible to get out my second city.  A new player would have just quit.  I stated some good ideas, and I remember talking with adamsky many many years ago.  My prediction came true about continued loss of players.  I took the time to make some suggestions here.

I know everyone has their own ideas of what will work to revive the game.  The real answer is fixing the problems before adding new content.  A problem I did not state properly was:  Support The Game.

Please get at least 1 person who will look at trouble tickets and work towards resolving issues.  The early part of the game is very important.  Please send credits from last game.  I promise I will use them and buy more.  ROFL..

Anyways, Ian, you are right, changing alliance limits right now probably wont help.  I enjoy playing with HUSARIA friends.  I was around when Lech was a newbie, and I enjoyed playing with him then.  He had great ideas and look at him now.

Well, there is a few more cents worth of babble...

Taipan

Lech

• Raptor
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2018, 03:13:37 PM »

Taipan uczyłem się grać, Ty miaŁeś już doświadczenie w tej grze. Nie ukrywałeś swojej wiedzy. Pokazałeś mi bardzo dużo. Nauczyłem się grać w MH. Teraz ja pomagam nowym graczom. To jest najlepsze w tej grze. Tworzenie sojuszy, wspólne dziłanie, wspólna strategia i nouka nowych graczy. Mam super zadowolenie kiedy mój uczeń jest lepszy niż ja. Wychowałem już kilku takich graczy.

Dzięki Taipan za pomoc na starcie.

Lech (Aleksander)

Taipan learned to play, you already had experience in this game. You did not hide your knowledge. You showed me a lot. I learned to play in MH. Now I help new players. This is the best in this game. Creating alliances, joint action, common strategy and nouka of new players. I have great satisfaction when my student is better than me. I've raised a few of these players.

Thanks to Taipan for help at the start.

Lech (Aleksander)

Robert-MH

• Vulture
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2018, 09:59:35 PM »

Limited numer of players, especially those experienced limits tension and competition. Do you have idea what could make old, experienced players to come back  o game to make real competition?

We have players database, but mass mailing action may cause treating our server a spamer, so we are causios about such approach.

Lech

• Raptor
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2018, 10:10:06 PM »

Ja ściągam doświadczonych graczy. Mam do nich telefony i pocztę. nie zawsze wracają.
Ale powtarzam bardzo lubię tą grę i będę uczył nowych graczy.

Robert-MH

• Vulture
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2018, 10:14:05 PM »

Ja ściągam doświadczonych graczy. Mam do nich telefony i pocztę. nie zawsze wracają.
Ale powtarzam bardzo lubię tą grę i będę uczył nowych graczy.

Thank you Lech. I remember tension and combat emotions from times where there few times more players. Hopefully we revive that.

Lech

• Raptor
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2018, 10:23:02 PM »

Mój pierwszy serwer? Grałem w sojuszu w którym było 180 graczy. Nie ważni są starzy gracze. Ważne żeby nowi nie odeszli.
Większość starych graczy jak się pojawi na serwerze do się ze mną kontaktuje.

Storm

• Raptor
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2018, 12:57:45 AM »

To get new players to stay is important.  If you are so against making superhero account standard, then make the harvest part standard so you don't need to use a calculator.  BUT, I would probably never pay for the rest of superhero account stuff :)

There are some fundamental flaws in the game.  Steep learning curve.  Not newbie friendly (experienced players push out new players by using game mechanics).  Sitter broken (my counsin creates account and logs in 1/week, i play the account, see?).  You must Pay to Play (superhero account is a must so you dont need to calculate all debris harvest). 

If you think the last part is not correct, 127 people registered to play S1, only about 50 are playing.  And of those 50 maybe only 20 real players.

In good conscience I could not attempt to get new players to come here.  They would just quit and call me stupid for sugggesting they play.  However, make some real changes, make the game more playable for noobs, and I will spread the word.  You should also start a youtube channel and offer credits to anyone who subscribes, something like that.

OK, I have ranted enough... later gator

Taipan

Furion

• Vulture
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2018, 01:10:16 AM »

Alliances have to be forged, for no single player can win this game , it is a team game.
Some people enjoy building and producing , some people enjoy fighting and trying to out think and out play other players.
The game as it exists now  with the lack of development in the past , has become very stale. The quick server on S1 is good because of the speed and some things are easier than on S3 , the slow server.When an alliance has the right mix of players then that alliance will dominate a server. They will be focused on winning and will basicaly crush opposition. adding some new twists into the game should make playing the game more enjoyable.
Things like the tournament are good , but perhaps a knockout tournament and a set of leagues would be a good idea. Run a knock out tournament the top 8 go into the premier league, the top 9-16 go into championship league the next 8 go into 1st division ... etc etc ... then like in a footbal league players play it out to find the best player in each divisionthe bottom 2 of each league are relegated the top 2 promoted and in the premier league the top player is crowned MechHero champion. This will give talented individuals opportunity to prove themselves.
you can also have aliance team games. These are all things that can help retain interest in the game and provide some unique game experience.
I hope that this gives food for thought.
~S~ F

TheDude

• Vulture
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2018, 02:39:42 AM »

I finally have my old forum login fixed. Thanks new admins.

What you should keep as is for the new players..

1. All current attack restrictions

2. Current alliance restrictions. This won't make a difference until game recovers its player base

New ideas. Well, here are some new and old ideas...

1. When declaring war against an alliance, all IR attack limits and daily attack restriction no longer apply to anyone within the declaration scope. Declarations of War can only be placed on an alliance (even if said alliance has only one player)

2. All debris in your 8x8 tileset is automatically and continuously harvested at an assigned rate based on total harvester and radar station levels. This could also include experimental radar tech levels to further boost collection rates. You could also manually send harvester to specific locations to purposely collect a specific debris pile with better equipment in them.

3. All resources obey laws of conservation. In other words, resources are never totally destroyed. If buildings, or tech, or mechs, or anything is destroyed a certain percentage is left in debris piles in the 8x8 tileset area they were destroyed (see next point). Further, if you send more resources than a city storage allows, the extra is conserved as debris around said city ready for harvesting. I would suggest an 80 percent conservation rate.

4. No tech at all allowed in debris, or looted from players. Everything taken is taken as resources. The only way to get any kind of tech is to make it yourself, or buy it on the open market. Consider that when you attack, all tech is destroyed and only scrap (resources) is recovered.

5. Debris in an 8x8 tileset should use a heat map. Red is recent deposit, toward blue are older deposits as an example. Radar and sats give better resolution and red vs blue ranges or colour levels.

6. All incoming attacks are 'discovered' and analyzed to give a report based on stationed sats, radar level, and experimental radar tech level. Based on these level, you may discover the size, or cell amount, or even each individual mech and armament at a certain distance from attacked city.

7. You can re-station any vehicle to another city (otherwise known as 'deploy' in other games). This means I can move my 500 harvesters from one city to another without recycling in one, and rebuilding in another.

8. The world map wraps. In other words, map location -256, -256 and 256, 256 are exactly one unit away from each other

9. Portals once opened are open for everyone. They cannot be defended. Furthermore, portals and moons allow for shortcuts from one earth map location to another. Example, I want to go from alpha sector to delta sector. Normally this might be hundreds of units to travel. If I were to open 2 or more portals leading to  galetea moon, I could theoretical have shortened my travel distance by cutting through this moon portals. Currently this is not allowed. You can only travel to a moon city, then once at this city, through another location. You cannot currently travel through 2 (or more) portals to make a shortcut.

10. Moons also have NPC's on them, but they are not your standard NPC. They also carry AB weapons.

11. You can spam elite AB NPC's on moons for resources just as you can spam normal NPC's on earth.

12. Missiles do not cost any cell resources to make or use. No one is using missiles right now, maybe this will help the situation.

13. Races. Each race has a perk that modifies some aspect of the game. Example, Plebs race might travel 25% faster in all cases but have 25% reduction in armour and hull values. Wimyns might gain 25% more resources when recycling but use 25% more cells per mech. Gunners race might gain 25% range but 25% reduction in damage. Missileministers race can build missiles at 25% increased rate, and for 25% cheapear, but can only use short range weapons otherwise.

14. MASC. Myomer Accelerator Signal Circuitry. Basically, allows the mech to move at twice normal rated speed (if you have the space to install this unit) at the cost of certain damage over time. Can be used to speed up time to travel to attacks, or to escape battles.

15. AMS. Anti-missile system. This will only be of use if the current missile system is revamped so missiles become a viable damage option.

16. Detonation module. Uses almost all mech space. Installable on lower mech only (up to athlas). Uses special explosive to create a detonation radius from mech equal to 10 times the current mechs hull points in damage out  to a distance of one tenth the current hull points. Useful in Kamikaze missions an clustered enemies.

17. Super Shields module. Uses half of mech space. Basically an anti-detonation module. Uses both shields and armours in a way to counter-act a mech detonation and can only be used on smaller mechs (up to athlas). The Super is re-usable and is not destroyed when used against detonation modules. Best used in front lines (or rear lines). There is no guarantee a line of Supers on mechs will protect non-Super mechs from damage that are further away.

18. Station-able mechs. I can send mechs to any map location and then send them to any other map location indefinitely. Example, I can send them to a bare map location outside of their radar range (radar needs to be fixed for this idea). Then when ready, attack them from this closer and more strategic location).

Now some things that need to be changed...

1. Using the ballistic branch of the tech tree needs to have a bonus vs cells. IMO, there should be an overall 20% to 30% reduction when using ballistic weapons only. Currently there is no real cell conservation if using ballistics. This might require reducing damages slightly on all ballistic weapons.

2. There is a 450 mech send limit. If you send more, the page crashes. Fix this!

3. If you destroy an enemy city with mechs or any other vehicle en-route to another city, all mechs/vehicles coming or going from said city vanish. Fix this!

4. There is a way to cheat the cell starve system...kind of. The system only checks for cell requirements every 15 to 20 minutes. Between this interval, the city need not have any cells in storage. I myself have saves 100K a minute using this tactic at times.

5. Sitters. Remove this idea entirely. Introduce vacation mode. Set vacation mode with no vehicle activity for min 48hrs (locks account for this long and cannot be attacked nor can attack others)

EDITS: Grammer ;p
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 02:59:19 AM by TheDude »

Robert-MH

• Vulture
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2018, 08:28:06 AM »

Absolutely fantastic post. Really good ideas and remarks. I am happy that many of them are compliant with our ideas and our way of thinking.

I finally have my old forum login fixed. Thanks new admins.
You’re welcome :)

2. All debris in your 8x8 tileset is automatically and continuously harvested at an assigned rate based on total harvester and radar station levels. This could also include experimental radar tech levels to further boost collection rates. You could also manually send harvester to specific locations to purposely collect a specific debris pile with better equipment in them.

This is exactly or very close to Auto-harvest mechanism which I have described in other topic.

3. All resources obey laws of conservation. In other words, resources are never totally destroyed. If buildings, or tech, or mechs, or anything is destroyed a certain percentage is left in debris piles in the 8x8 tileset area they were destroyed (see next point). Further, if you send more resources than a city storage allows, the extra is conserved as debris around said city ready for harvesting. I would suggest an 80 percent conservation rate.
4. No tech at all allowed in debris, or looted from players. Everything taken is taken as resources. The only way to get any kind of tech is to make it yourself, or buy it on the open market. Consider that when you attack, all tech is destroyed and only scrap (resources) is recovered.

This worth to be considered. Especially point 3. Is just close to reality. Resources used for building/producing not disappears.

5. Debris in an 8x8 tileset should use a heat map. Red is recent deposit, toward blue are older deposits as an example. Radar and sats give better resolution and red vs blue ranges or colour levels.

As we rewriting game to new technology new map options appears. This is new one. I just wonder if factor new/old really matters?

6. All incoming attacks are 'discovered' and analyzed to give a report based on stationed sats, radar level, and experimental radar tech level. Based on these level, you may discover the size, or cell amount, or even each individual mech and armament at a certain distance from attacked city.
Few more players mention that. We have decision yesterday about that with former designer. We have to be cautious about that as it limits the tension and surprise/fake attacks factor.

7. You can re-station any vehicle to another city (otherwise known as 'deploy' in other games). This means I can move my 500 harvesters from one city to another without recycling in one, and rebuilding in another.

Definitely good and useful idea.

8. The world map wraps. In other words, map location -256, -256 and 256, 256 are exactly one unit away from each other
9. Portals once opened are open for everyone. They cannot be defended. Furthermore, portals and moons allow for shortcuts from one earth map location to another. Example, I want to go from alpha sector to delta sector. Normally this might be hundreds of units to travel. If I were to open 2 or more portals leading to  galetea moon, I could theoretical have shortened my travel distance by cutting through this moon portals. Currently this is not allowed. You can only travel to a moon city, then once at this city, through another location. You cannot currently travel through 2 (or more) portals to make a shortcut.

Both points are good idea how to make more tension. I could imagine that alliance players can built own portals Portals to make links to reach far areas of the map.

10. Moons also have NPC's on them, but they are not your standard NPC. They also carry AB weapons.
11. You can spam elite AB NPC's on moons for resources just as you can spam normal NPC's on earth.

I think about create NPC more active, especially against players considered by engine as multi account. This may be also used in moons to create challenge to establish presence on them.
I have sketch design of new race. They can be present in moons as locales :)

12. Missiles do not cost any cell resources to make or use. No one is using missiles right now, maybe this will help the situation.

This is exactly what I want to introduce. There is a lot of efforts to make missiles weapon type in the game, but they have a lot of drawbacks.
What I planned to propose is to double hits from them which would make another powerful type of weapon in the game. As a contr-weapon I plan to give Advanced Machine Gun Anti Missile ability and some percentage (20-30% by default + some new targeting equipment items and abilities) chance to shot down missiles.
I believe this both introduce new tactics and make AMG really useful weapon.

13. Races. Each race has a perk that modifies some aspect of the game. Example, Plebs race might travel 25% faster in all cases but have 25% reduction in armour and hull values. Wimyns might gain 25% more resources when recycling but use 25% more cells per mech. Gunners race might gain 25% range but 25% reduction in damage. Missileministers race can build missiles at 25% increased rate, and for 25% cheapear, but can only use short range weapons otherwise.

We had discussion about that with former designer and there were not any real design.
Absolutely fantastic idea! This would make exciting options for player, but mostly and alliances combinations :)

14. MASC. Myomer Accelerator Signal Circuitry. Basically, allows the mech to move at twice normal rated speed (if you have the space to install this unit) at the cost of certain damage over time. Can be used to speed up time to travel to attacks, or to escape battles.

I planned to boost speed by Jump packs bonus, which is close to reality, but of course there may by specialized equipment’s/abilities.

15. AMS. Anti-missile system. This will only be of use if the current missile system is revamped so missiles become a viable damage option.

See point 12.

16. Detonation module. Uses almost all mech space. Installable on lower mech only (up to athlas). Uses special explosive to create a detonation radius from mech equal to 10 times the current mechs hull points in damage out  to a distance of one tenth the current hull points. Useful in Kamikaze missions an clustered enemies.

17. Super Shields module. Uses half of mech space. Basically an anti-detonation module. Uses both shields and armours in a way to counter-act a mech detonation and can only be used on smaller mechs (up to athlas). The Super is re-usable and is not destroyed when used against detonation modules. Best used in front lines (or rear lines). There is no guarantee a line of Supers on mechs will protect non-Super mechs from damage that are further away.

Kamikadze units were proposed few times. I like this, because this make opportunity for create new battle tactics for offensve/defensive (how to shoot out kamikadze until he reach our mechs :)) combinations. Definitely will be introduced.

18. Station-able mechs. I can send mechs to any map location and then send them to any other map location indefinitely. Example, I can send them to a bare map location outside of their radar range (radar needs to be fixed for this idea). Then when ready, attack them from this closer and more strategic location).

Sneak attacks …. I have prepared some design for new stealth chasis mechs, harder to hit. This is another idea, but we have to assess if this fits to existing game mechanism (if we could easily deploy units on the cell , not in the city) – I don’t think so this would be a doable without huge refactor.
I could imagine new city type – hidden base where we could deploy units (only). This base would be invisible by other players but there should be some mechanism to discover that. The simplest is some chance to reveal such base during patrol mission, which is close to reality.
I believe such sneak attacks would be very exciting mechanism!

1. Using the ballistic branch of the tech tree needs to have a bonus vs cells. IMO, there should be an overall 20% to 30% reduction when using ballistic weapons only. Currently there is no real cell conservation if using ballistics. This might require reducing damages slightly on all ballistic weapons.

Sorry I don’t understand :( Could you give some examples .

2. There is a 450 mech send limit. If you send more, the page crashes. Fix this!
3. If you destroy an enemy city with mechs or any other vehicle en-route to another city, all mechs/vehicles coming or going from said city vanish. Fix this!
4. There is a way to cheat the cell starve system...kind of. The system only checks for cell requirements every 15 to 20 minutes. Between this interval, the city need not have any cells in storage. I myself have saves 100K a minute using this tactic at times.

Bugs put on a bug list to be fixed. Thanks!

5. Sitters. Remove this idea entirely. Introduce vacation mode. Set vacation mode with no vehicle activity for min 48hrs (locks account for this long and cannot be attacked nor can attack others)

Frankly speaking I was never fun of Sitter mechanism, which IMHO gives a huge space for cheating. I would never dare to remove that without players feedback. I am curious If more players share the same opinion.

Furion

• Vulture
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2018, 11:21:11 AM »

some great ideas there :)

Quote from: TheDude on Today at 02:39:42 AM

Bugs put on a bug list to be fixed. Thanks!

Point 2 concerns the game mechanics and engine, it is a limitation of the game engine .. If you have player A with 200 Nova and he attacks player B who also has 200 nova the game engine only has a finite number of moves it can process on the battle. so often Battles of this size will take place and mechs will be lost however the battle is not resolved to a conclusion as the game engine runs out of moves and the battle ends without a clear outcome. In mechhero 2.0 I guess the game mechanics may be improved to allow these megga battles to be concluded.. The biggest battle I ever saw was between 2 armies each side had 500+ mechs each

point 3 is not a bug ... if the city is destroyed it no longer has the capacity to keep the mechs alive so they die. It happens the moment the city is destroyed. Now if you could have mobile cell storage untits that can accompany army , then it might be possible for the army to survive.

Lech

• Raptor
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2018, 03:09:14 PM »

Tekst z forum:

Mechhero - gra strategiczna. Wszelkie zmiany nie mogą tego zmienić !!!!!

Po pierwsze: Należy uruchomić grę dla wszystkich graczy !!!. Jedni będą grać tylko na wolnym a inni tylko na szybkim serwerze. Pozostali dowolnie. Powinniśmy się zastanowić jaką prędkość wybrać: x1 (s3),  x5 (s1) ja proponuję x3. Może pojawią się wszyscy.
Po drugie: Gracze którzy niszczą tę grę. Terroryści. Budują miasta tylko po to żeby kraść szczątki. Nie można ich znisczyć i są złośliwi. Nie interesuje ich gra. Propozycja: Stworzyć satelity bojowe, które patrolują teren wokół miasta (sektora w którym jest miasto). trzeba ustalić ile jeden satelita i na jakim poziomie zniszczy (10 -50) kombajnów zbożowych.
Terroryści często przywłaszczają nazwy graczy liderów tej gry. Propozycja: zablokować nazwy graczy na 2-3 lata. Przez ten okres nie można ich używać. Aby zachęcić liderów do częstego grania wprowadzić listę(ranking)  graczy. Każdy gracz po zakończonym serwerze otrzyma medale i punkty za: 1,2 i 3 miejsce w ostatecznym rankingu. Medal i punkty za bycie do końca w zwycięskim sojuszu.

Lech

Forum text:
Mechhero - a strategy game. Any changes can not change this !!!!!

First of all: Run the game for all players !!!. Some will only play slow and others only on a fast server. They remain as free. We should consider which speed to choose: x1 (s3), x5 (s1) I suggest x3. Maybe everyone will appear.
Second: Players who destroy this game. Terrorists. They build cities just to steal the remains. You can not tell them and they are mischievous. They are not interested in the game. Proposal: Create combat satellites that patrol the area around the city (the sector in which the city is). you need to determine how many one satellite and at what level will destroy (10-50) combine harvesters.
Terrorists often appropriate the names of players of the game's leaders. Suggestion: block the names of players for 2-3 years. During this period, you can not use them. To encourage leaders to play frequently, enter a list (ranking) of players. Each player after the completed server will receive medals and points for: 1,2 and 3 place in the final ranking. Medal and points for being in the winning alliance.

lech

Robert-MH

• Vulture
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2018, 03:44:43 PM »

S3 (normal speed) will be restarted in about 2 weeks.

Creating one player account is one of our development prioroty now. This is in our opinion one of the greatest design flaw of this game (now uniquenes is only on cocnrete game server run). This would simpliphy lot of things and prevent from nick stealing as well as allow to one credit pool (we could get rid of Credit Codes), avatar and many many others ....

Debris stealers. Many of you mention that. What do you think will be the simplest solution for that? Just reduce radar range?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 03:46:25 PM by Robert-MH »

kylar

• Raptor
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2018, 04:16:23 PM »

Reducing the radar range won't fix the problem at all i agree that we need a way to counter that directly cause its way 2 annoying atm.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4