MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Different Game Speeds on one Server?  (Read 998 times)

Dornier Pfeil

• Vulture
Different Game Speeds on one Server?
« on: August 17, 2016, 04:51:51 PM »

Is there any technical limitation that insists a server can only host one game and if not then could multiple games be played on the same server with different speeds. And by 'multiple games played on the same server' I mean mulitple games played on the same map. I have an idea to offer but if the technical side of the game won't support it then...no idea. I'm hoping maybe the game could attract new players.

Enneagon

• SpiderTank
Re: Different Game Speeds on one Server?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 07:51:23 PM »

Don't think I have seen any of dews posting here for over a year now...

So you can as well go ahead with your idea, I for one have real difficulties to grasp even approximately what you could possibly be thinking with what you asking.

The different "speeds" are in fact just some changes in general game stat values.
And different "servers" are just instances of the game anyway. 

While it might be thinkable to have e.g. different difficulty levels for different players in the same game  (or in terms of this game, different Powerplant output per hour)... as I already said I have real difficulties to guess what you talking about.

Dornier Pfeil

• Vulture
Re: Different Game Speeds on one Server?
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 06:02:59 PM »

I think you answered my questions. Thank you.

Yes, with the devs MIA it looks like permanent death for the game. But hope must spring eternal if it is to spring at all.

I'll write up my idea and leave it here beginning of next week.