MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: RESULT of S1 server (16.02.16-16.05.17)  (Read 3093 times)

verkli

• Puma
RESULT of S1 server (16.02.16-16.05.17)
« on: May 17, 2016, 11:54:37 AM »

This is the Final Result of this (fast) server.

Personal notes: It was a little boring game, becouse after Wine Cellar snake attack at midgame many guys gave up at Gerbals of War. The remained Gerbal members were playing nicely, and we had few big battles.
Only 20 cities destroyed on the whole server, mostly on moons, its a shame.

End Picture:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 12:25:34 PM by verkli »

verkli

• Puma
Re: RESULT of S1 server (16.02.16-16.05.17)
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 11:58:28 AM »

Alliances : Wine Cellar united Orion vs Gerbals of War

verkli

• Puma
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 12:00:27 PM »

Players (first 3 pages)

verkli

• Puma
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 12:01:27 PM »

Offensive and Defensive

verkli

• Puma
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 12:02:02 PM »

Units, top Artifacts:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 12:09:13 PM by verkli »

verkli

• Puma
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 12:03:43 PM »

Portals, Spaceships, Top AM producers:

furek86

• Wolverine
  • http://bit.ly/wolfpackteaser
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 08:46:50 AM »

It was a little boring game, becouse after Wine Cellar snake attack at midgame many guys gave up at Gerbals of War.

That's a bow towards Taipan and Dean, two admins of Wine Cellar where one agreed with Gerbals not to have a war until the end game (the most boring and lame way to play a speed server) and the other admin overruling the first one by preparing a sneak attack to wipe some of our armies. After destroying more than half of our potential, he then requested a NAP :) The only sweet thing about this process was the fact that Taipan, one of the most seasoned and experiences players, seemed to have forgotten how to use his AB weapons and some attacks were lame as sh1t :P

Anyway, congrats to the Wine Cellar, some great players, some usual backstabbers and Dean - the best simmer this world has ever known :P No offense, just observation :)

PS: If you ever decide to come back to MH S1 and feel like playing a real MH game from the old days, let me know. Like I've always said - anyone can grow big and have 400 novas if you agree with others not to attack anyone until end game. If i was to say what killed mech hero...number #1 would be this 'no attack until end game' policy. Such a shame.

Furek

verkli

• Puma
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 10:40:12 AM »

hmmm. nice point of view.

"Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one"
Sun Tzu

Anyways, I asked the admins for a NAP, I saw your alliance fall apart after a few attacks. I was afraid we will have no opponents for endgame. It happened before, it was really boring.

I understand what happening in your brain, you have to find someone responsible becouse your fail. No prob. Many players including me do not care it.
Fun fact: Dean has 2.9 x more PvP exp points than you on this server. Just see the tables, and do the math.

furek86

• Wolverine
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 10:59:42 AM »

hmmm. nice point of view.

"Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one"
Sun Tzu

Anyways, I asked the admins for a NAP, I saw your alliance fall apart after a few attacks. I was afraid we will have no opponents for endgame. It happened before, it was really boring.

I understand what happening in your brain, you have to find someone responsible becouse your fail. No prob. Many players including me do not care it.
Fun fact: Dean has 2.9 x more PvP exp points than you on this server. Just see the tables, and do the math.

Lol in no place was I being defensive or trying to point the blame. I'm always mean to Dean, cause we have some history, but it's nothing more than being playful, rather than serious. We lost this server, it's just a game so I won't cry and will move on lol. I've won many servers before, with Dean or without him in the picture so I don't really have anything more to prove with my knowledge and skill. I know I probably don't come close to what you can do or devote as much time as many other players can. Truth is, I no longer have as much time as I used to to play this game. I am not denying the fact that he had much more PVP points, who wouldn't if you were left alone for the entire server and got an army of almost 300 nova? You could send them anywhere and get as much PVP points as you wanted. I had enough time to raise an army of 150 novas tops and tried to do as much as I could with them. In Poland we have a saying though: kiedy ludu kupa i herkules dupa. Meaning - when there is a lot of people, even hercules sucks :) So you see my friend, I did my math and I knew full well we did not really have a chance against you with probably 250+ novas, cromik with almost 400, Dean with almost 300.

Like I said, if you want the game to NOT be boring, try bringing the fight over to your opponent when all you have in tech is Pumas and just barely got spiders.  This is when me and neo fought our best battles against other players. It's just a different point of view, like you mentioned. Maybe that version of MH is already long gone. I miss it.

PS: How many of Dean's PVP points came from his last battle against CROMIK? :P Cromik went #1 in def cause they suicided their mechs so he could probably. So you see pure math does not always paint the true picture.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 11:03:22 AM by furek86 »

Dean

• Puma
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 01:04:16 PM »

The way of the game which you , furek, proposing on and on and on........will surely kill this game much faster then tactic of avoiding war and skirmishes before big artifacts appearing  or a start of endgame.
Why?
Simply..it a sure way to scare away any new player who wants to try to play it for the first time..
And what this game mostly needs is just that : new blood...
New players should be attracted to this, left to prosper and grow, and to learn..The way you proposing, will make them leave this game after few attacks, for good.
You proposing attacks on tech level of pumas , or spiders...but let be honest...besides dozens of us, no one else can do it in time..especially those who play it for first, second or third time....
And you really beleive that can contribute to this game in terms of popularity?
That this way of thinking will attract more players?
I really doubt.

furek86

• Wolverine
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2016, 01:46:55 PM »

Well, ever heard of Eve Online? In that game you have players that can wipe your ship you've been building for 5 months everyday. Yet more and more people play this game and come onboard.
What you want here is MORE SIMMERS, not actually good players who would try and survive. I'm looking at quality not quantity. However, the issue is not entirely with the way people play (aggressive or defensive) but the way the game itself is left in a state by the admins. There were so many good ideas and so much need for change and nothing ever happened. In this industry you can't create a game and expect people will flow in for years with no changes.
My point of view is based on the style I enjoyed playing. You are selling the policy that would indeed allow more players to come in, but not keep them playing for long cause the game is too frigging boring.

Furek

Dean

• Puma
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2016, 02:10:45 PM »

I did heard for Eve Online..even my brother played for some time..but i also have heard that a lot of them gave up..my brother included..
Never, ever, i wanted to try it..too slow..too long..
I like this way..game is over in 12-13 weeks..then all over again..more suitable for my taste of the gaming  ;)

And i must agree with you on one thing..
Indeed ..a lot of suggestion was made here to improve the game..most of them From Enneagon..
But..seems like devs do not have time, or will, to implement some of those..
And that is the fact.

furek86

• Wolverine
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2016, 03:22:10 PM »

Adamsky - I would like to buy MH from you. I'll split the cost with Enneagon, he will make the changes he proposed and what other players wanted and I will implement a policy that every player needs to attack someone at least 3 times a week with at least half his army :P that would be hilarious :P

Dobq

• Wolverine
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2016, 10:03:32 AM »

xD, I just came s1 and I made Wine Cellar, I invited few ppl, and I left cuz I can't play speed servers, now I'm looking who won it and I just have fun xD.

bofh999

• Athlas
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2016, 07:24:44 PM »

only 20 citys? must have missed that server  ;D
thats a weekly batch on 1x lol