MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Multi account/Sitter situation.  (Read 5223 times)

Mech-_-Monkey

• Puma
Re: Multi account/Sitter situation.
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2016, 02:11:32 PM »

Hypothetical situation.

8 players in a circle. 1 player in the middle. That 1 player is not active. 3 players are farming him. Fine. Nobody knows who is attacking it and it's not an active player. They're gone. Goodbye.

8 players in a circle. 1 non-active player in the middle but 1 other player is sitting for it. That 1 sitter know exactly who is farming it can message them from that account with threats, negotiations etc. 1 by 1 all the players stop farming and the only player farming it is the sitter.

The only reason the sitter knows who is farming it, is because they're sitting for it.

Is impersonating another account CHEATING. That's Multi-account situation.
My name is Neanderthal Prime.

Dean

• Puma
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2016, 02:13:33 PM »

In the  war, and this is war game, everything is allowed 8)

Mech-_-Monkey

• Puma
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2016, 02:22:45 PM »

Tell that to the admin.

Dean

• Puma
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2016, 02:26:01 PM »

No need to..
They read forums ;D

ps..Multi is when SAME person open 2 accounts..and not when someone sit for someone ;)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 02:28:00 PM by Dean »

Mech-_-Monkey

• Puma
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2016, 02:48:31 PM »

I wish they did, otherwise we wouldn't be arguing like old ladies riding giant robots   :P

mart

• Puma
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2016, 09:42:31 PM »

Hypothetical situation.

8 players in a circle. 1 player in the middle. That 1 player is not active. 3 players are farming him. Fine. Nobody knows who is attacking it and it's not an active player. They're gone. Goodbye.

8 players in a circle. 1 non-active player in the middle but 1 other player is sitting for it. That 1 sitter know exactly who is farming it can message them from that account with threats, negotiations etc. 1 by 1 all the players stop farming and the only player farming it is the sitter.

The only reason the sitter knows who is farming it, is because they're sitting for it.

Is impersonating another account CHEATING. That's Multi-account situation.

Nope, it is not multi-account situation. Big players often take advantage of accounts in deletion and scare off their neighbors to get cells. If they do it via sitter access and their transfer balance is green, then everything is just complying with rules. You can't blame somebody, who is more powerful, that he is taking an advantage of it.

The fact is, that above mentioned (no passwords, green transfer balance) is not always the case - but that's how the game is now. I played couple of servers, but I never moaned about these things. Just focus on your game and you will have more fun in Mechhero. I never lost the server (played seriously only 4 or 5 though) and had lot of fun - even though my opponents were doing above mentioned things.

Enneagon

• SpiderTank
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2016, 02:01:45 AM »

I want to sort three completely unrelated things you are mixing without any ground:
1) sitter access
2) abusing another account for one's gain
3) denying loot from someone to someone else

1) sitter access is legal. The whole reason to have sitter is to ease out the times you are not around or have difficulties with something.
There are restrictions in place: sitter can't use AB weapons, can't raze buildings, can't rename cities, can't prevent the account form going in auto-deletion because of too long absence of the owner. That it, everything else is allowed.
What exact sitter duties are is usually contract between account owner and sitter. That can range from checking account is not being looted* while owner is away, to using ones mechs for alliance defense, to harvesting for owner while he only hits NPCs, to even using owner mechs to actually hit NPCs...
I have managed massive scale defense as a sitter many times, my sitters are routinely taken my mechs for they defense on need (in accordance to my permissions, of course). I have been sitter-teacher/trainer. I have had sitter-employee-harvester-operator. I have been sitter-spy in another alliance.
There are a lot of ways sitter feature can be used. Some will say some of those uses are abuses. Opinions can differ wildly with ones, and contradict often. I will say, they all are part of the game, part of the team game this is. And, what is not restricted, is allowed. While we stay within game features itself, game can enforce rules in very direct manner, so basically, what is possible is legal.

*Just like Dean already pointed out I too see this as one of core sitter obligations expected even without saying, to protect account he is taking responsibility on with all means necessary as far that is possible, and principally here no matter we speak about short sleeping hours or long weeks of absence for whatever reason.

2) abusing another account for ones gain is not legal, and this is where the potential offense is.
Then, I have a question here, is looting legal? Likely... But, if one loot a defenseless target for prolonged time taking all his resources, how this essentially differs from classic muti? It does not. And actually I have read a lot of complains about that sort of abuse on those some forums...
Now, if we consider inactive account one is sitting and one looting, who have more rights to take its resources? I can't answer this, if I want to be really strict it will be abuse in either case. Only sitter is responsible to prevent it from being looted, and may even see the little bonus as compensation for his hard work. More over, you can't even assume he is using those resources for himself in the first place.

May add, yes, I have seen sitters heavily abusing account they are sitting, but even in much better times (when here was active moderation) I have never seen admins doing anything in that case. It is the gray area what is not really legal but is not actively punished either. I guess, exactly because it so hard to figure out what is right and what wrong in that case.

3) Now, as far I understand this is where your problem is, you seen a lucrative farm near, but you found out you can't use it because it is protected by some other player. I should say, this is nowhere uncommon situation, and completely legal in my understanding. And it is nowhere connected by that account being sitted. Nor, by that account being or not being in one alliance or another (and here may be many reasons someone is or not in one alliance or another, both strategic and tactical, coming both from considerations of player and alliance in question; further, it is nothing uncommon for people to cooperate out of alliance or even cross-alliance for many reasons). Nor even by that account being actually active or not. Nor it automatically means protector get any gain from doing it. Planting defenses in farms can be a strategy on itself.
And I for one hate looters as such :P

So there is nothing to complain about, from any angle of it.

Mech-_-Monkey

• Puma
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2016, 03:13:36 PM »

I've been thinking about it an I accept that I'm wrong about the whole situation. It's a shit situation and it happens often but still, there's nothing illegal about it.

I'm happy to drop the whole subject and I thank everyone for having the patience to answer me because it's a frustrating topic.

mart

• Puma
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2016, 09:15:19 PM »

I've been thinking about it an I accept that I'm wrong about the whole situation. It's a shit situation and it happens often but still, there's nothing illegal about it.

I'm happy to drop the whole subject and I thank everyone for having the patience to answer me because it's a frustrating topic.

Respect!

Mech-_-Monkey

• Puma
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2016, 12:05:08 AM »

Respect!

I had 2 testicles before I made this thread.....

I recently built a castle around my house.
I have 4 emergency doctors who specialize in testicular science on stand-by inside the castle with their own rooms.
I have 8 SAS mercs around me at all times. And 16 Medieval Knights.
I hired 25 peasants to tend the fields for food...

My 1 last testicles is properly defended.
Pages: 1 [2]