MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What killed Mech Hero?  (Read 6506 times)

Jada01

• Raptor
Re: What killed Mech Hero?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2016, 07:16:02 PM »

Whats up my old friends, ok and some old enemies ;D
I am not much active on MH forum, and I just take a break with playing this game.
First; dont understand me wrong, I love this game.
This game start dying a long time ago. Why? Because this game is almost the same from the beginning! Like I said I love this game. And why the hell I so love this game? First because it is a good game this is true, but this is not the main reason why. Main reason is that I am so fuc_king good in this game:)))
And why I am so f.... good in this game? Well now we came to the biggest problem of this game: I am so good because I play this game almost from the very beginning, I know everything abouth this game (because game is almost the same from the beginning), I just need enough time an will and I can be easily the best player on the server, or at least one of the first 3. Big problem is also that you can easily make more accounts to support main account with cells! With all this is not too big problem ta build a great army;)
Because of this is very hard for new players, because they cant be that good as someone like me, and when they see that someone who start play on the same day have 2x infra and much much bigger army, even if is he 24/7 on line and do everything he can,... they will probably quit, because they will think that is not posible to be so good. If I play some game I always want to be number 1:)
This situacion is not good even for us like me, because we became tired of this, every server the same story, always the same players. Most of the best players are become frinds and we are always in the same allince, becase we are frinds and friends stick together;) Because of all this is not fun anymore, no new challenges:/

I dont have some magic word how to fix this, but I know for at least two things how make this game a little better:
first: everyone can have only one acc! And is not enough if you just say; hey this is not alloved lol. I know a lot of similar games where is simply impossible to have more accs, so I think that this is not too hard to do it.
second: if you just look other good broser games you will noticed that they become graphically very advanced, and moste of players will rather choose a game that looks great at first sight. So this game need a very big upgrade if you know what I mean:/

Dean

• Puma
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2016, 11:28:07 PM »

I have read this...
And all i have saw was Me,Me,Me..the best, biggest...etc...
Cmon....
Level down your Ego a bit :D

Enneagon

• SpiderTank
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2016, 02:35:05 PM »

While I mostly agree to all Jada said I can't not comment on this
This situacion is not good even for us like me, because we became tired of this, every server the same story, always the same players. Most of the best players are become frinds and we are always in the same allince, becase we are frinds and friends stick together;) Because of all this is not fun anymore, no new challenges:/
The reason I stick around for now over three years here is exactly because I very much like the stories this game creates. From 6 servers I have been active on and almost same number I watched passively I can say every server shave very unique story, it is always very different, and it is always unique challenge (even if sometimes the challenge is to just endure boredom, lol).

But.

This is pretty much make-your-own-fun type of game. There nothing will happen if you not make it happen.
And, there even may be exciting wars around, but you wont ever notice if not directly involved.
More, events on the battlefield is just tip of the iceberg anyway, the true story is the silent battle-chess strategic moves and human relations that stay deep in the shadows. It unfolds only if you search for it, analyze data, stay connected and play in very social manner (it nothing unusual if I spend over half of my game time writing letters toward the end of the server). And have spies. Yes, I often do spying for pure fun, for the glimpse of other side, for the missing bits of the story, and for the little added trill of it. Most of pure game facts you can find or deduce anyway.

For casual player who not know what to look for, who lack information even on what his own alliance is up to (even if he lucky enough to get in a good one that is indeed up to anything at all) there pretty much nothing at all is happening most of the time. It easy to say it our, leaders, duty to get them involved, much harder to actually do.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 02:46:16 PM by Enneagon »

Dobq

• Wolverine
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2016, 10:10:44 PM »

Quote from: Jada01 on Yesterday at 07:16:02 PM
The reason I stick around for now over three years here is exactly because I very much like the stories this game creates. From 6 servers I have been active on and almost same number I watched passively I can say every server shave very unique story, it is always very different, and it is always unique challenge (even if sometimes the challenge is to just endure boredom, lol).

Can agree; solid relations between people is (are? :D) big beauty of this game. After my breaks that feeling I will meet people what I know is very encouraging, it's one of that things what is (are? ;D) making this game original.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 04:03:14 PM by Dobq »

Neo

• translations_ro
  • Nemesis
  • Kill'em with FIRE!
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2016, 10:06:06 PM »

Dave,what the hell are you doing here? Ran out of beer again?

Frankly, i can tell you what killed the game, and it has nothing to do with what any of you think. The game died because the devs stopped giving a crap. Like, at all. Last year i was working on a project and i had the need and the resources to port and promote a mobile MMO, Mech hero was the perfect and most logical solution. Apparently, none of the developers were interested to even reply to my business proposals, so i moved towards something else.
Hell, the last time one of them entered this forum was probably when i was still playing. I'm suprised the servers are still functioning.
When we started playing, we had active maintneance, support, and the site was running a pretty big marketing campaign online. Now i don't think they even pay the light bills around here anymore.

Also, went in to check S1 after 2 years and i had a pretty big suprise, who the hell is playing with my name???  ;D

Lesh

• translations_ru
  • Raptor
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2016, 03:57:48 AM »

Dave,what the hell are you doing here? Ran out of beer again?

Frankly, i can tell you what killed the game, and it has nothing to do with what any of you think. The game died because the devs stopped giving a crap. Like, at all. Last year i was working on a project and i had the need and the resources to port and promote a mobile MMO, Mech hero was the perfect and most logical solution. Apparently, none of the developers were interested to even reply to my business proposals, so i moved towards something else.
Hell, the last time one of them entered this forum was probably when i was still playing. I'm suprised the servers are still functioning.
When we started playing, we had active maintneance, support, and the site was running a pretty big marketing campaign online. Now i don't think they even pay the light bills around here anymore.

Also, went in to check S1 after 2 years and i had a pretty big suprise, who the hell is playing with my name???  ;D

Hi Neo! Please show us the game U have made!!!!  ;) I will play it!

Neo

• translations_ro
  • Nemesis
  • Kill'em with FIRE!
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2016, 08:10:20 AM »

Lesh, unfortunately i didn't make a game, MH was the only idea i wanted to persue in this direction, everything else was just too overused. I had a project that could go from a mobile app to any type of e-commerce website.
Instead, i eventually focused on an web platform for digital art. But too bad, it would have been a much better idea, i even had financing available for advertising...

Enneagon

• SpiderTank
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2016, 12:47:23 AM »

Frankly, i can tell you what killed the game, and it has nothing to do with what any of you think. The game died because the devs stopped giving a crap.

You are exactly right of course.

I went on legtly rant about obscure features just to not be the asshole to say that explicitly...
And of course to fulfil my perverts need to talk about those in unnecessary details, even without any appropriate context (because deep details of obscenely obscure features is what I lowe most). Anyway, it makes little difference.

I can only make assumptions about what I observed, and happens I come here over three years ago, but already just about if not after the games effective death (as alive and evolving project at least). So I  can only speculate devs failed to fulfil their vision of game they wanted to make.
They did however an excellent game that could evolve in something outstanding, but the result wouldn't be their initial vision, as it isn't now.
But instead to let the game evolve, just play with it and see what it could become, they failed to be flexible in their goals (and, technical support behind the goals... probably due to lack of resources).

Dobq

• Wolverine
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2016, 10:40:54 AM »

He said he was one of your closest ally ;p.

LSSniper

• Wolverine
  • What you fear the most is just about to happen...
    • LSSniper on EdgeGamers Organisation
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2016, 01:14:30 AM »

Feels like a family reunion or something...

The game died because the devs stopped giving a crap.

Hell, I was surprised the forums are still working.

Storm

• Raptor
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2016, 03:09:38 PM »

The original post was very good and has valid points about why the game is dying; however, Neo hit the nail on the head.  The devs stopped caring what happens.  I used to play long ago and Loved the game, however devs would say artifacts coming out during week blah, did not happen, etc, etc. so I got tired and quit playing.  I even tried to talk to the devs and ask for some changes to keep the game more playable by others but they did not care. 

I recently came back to find the game has only half the servers and half the players or less on each server.  So, in all about 25% of their player base is left.  If no changes are made the game really will die.

Superhero account should be standard.
Cap the number of mechs a player can own, base it on number of cities.
-(why? well if players get burned out they eventually quit. the goal is to keep players, and if it becomes more strategy base and teamwork then players will have more fun, less stress, and play longer)
STATE UP FRONT when artifacts and endgame will start.  (make it fair for all players.  releasing artifacts when devs feel like it is unfair and forces players to try to stay online constantly, creates stress, etc, etc, etc.. The game needs to be fun for players if you want to keep them, concentrate on skill and teamwork.)
Make devs more visible to players:  be active; and/or have some admins to monitor forum, respond, etc.

Make just these few changes and you will see the game come back to life....  I love this game, please pay attention this time and keep this game alive.

Taipan

Dean

• Puma
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2016, 05:40:14 PM »

Agree with most things you wrote here, Taipan, except one thing...
I do not agree with a proposition to limt number of mechs per player..
That will surely kill the game for good..
That way, even those few veterans, will quit playing this.
Me included.

Lesh

• translations_ru
  • Raptor
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2016, 04:21:31 AM »

Lol! Not game is dead but devs are dead! Thats why noone will read your words, guys!!!

bofh999

• Athlas
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2016, 09:46:35 AM »

Uhm Limiting the MEchs is a very very bad idea.
Good example is Husaria who like to force join everyone, then noone has a chance with a fixed number of Mechs.

but even worse you cannot attack anymore. you will always have a fixed number of attackers
and waves dont do much good we all know that, so those cluster fucks (sorry the word) will be inprenetable

the game switches from tactical to a very static clustering with no action

naa the mail problem is the game concept. all is done to ensure constant attention
storages are way way way to small
energybleed while doing nothing..

the worst part is it starts ok, and the stress piles slowly up. i didnt realize how much stress it was for me to just stay alife
until the game was over, and it was an increble big relief

that also enforce me not play another round.

another big problem is management of your stuff. with the curent system its getting really complex to arrange big armies the proper way
a lot of thing that can get screwed up, there many tiny hickups that are just plain anoying
like you switch out only one item on a mech but you have the other items on different spots on the mech mounted then you have to rearm the hole thing.
this is a problem specially on single speed..

or templates. the fact you cannot edit templates or rename them is another minor thing, but all the minor things pile up to a very anoying thing.
more then once i didnt send an attack just because i was to lazy to configure everything for hours, then rearm everything in 3 different bases
while keep cell bleed in check

okok 2u70 novas might been a bit much specially when your war base cluster has only 32 hangars :))
and thats another thing, not enough space in citys or building that should not be building but maybe jsut upgrades.
my warbases need those 9 cellstores to ensure 4 hour sleep

so yea there many many many minor things, some are major that should be fixed

Enneagon

• SpiderTank
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2016, 04:56:44 PM »

There one thing I already mentioned, but maybe not direct enough: as far I get it, this game was not designed to have more than something about 30 novas per player at max. With that army size in mind many more things make much more sense suddenly.

Well, not for you Bofh, I know ;)

And I know you will laugh in my face when I say that, we both had around 300 nova each last round, at the same time (yes, on slow speed btw). And the only few decisive battles that ever happened on that server was involving 100+ in both sides. Few smaller skirmishes happened but had no real bearing on main course of things. Not that I would not love smaller battles. I do, I would love *tournament* stile battles much more. But such just don't happen in current reality willingly, just as lucky catch of unwary opponent in most cases. There really near no point to defend with less than at very least 60 novas or so, 90+ better. 

But that is where I say devs failed their vision and failed to adapt to reality.
There is no technical limits of army size, by design and idea, but it was meant to stay very low in comparison to what we see. However there no way to reach that from were we are, expand and adapt the game to real army sizes would be probably easier.

As it is now, sorry bofh, but I will generally agree that superarmies suck, both to own (because then you battle game itself more than anything) and to play against (because only another superarmy can do anything, really). But they are so easy to build there no reason not to, and you need them to do anything that counts. Yet the casual player struggles to have near any mechs at all, for them that should be much easier than now even. So it sucks in both ends of the spectra, and forms a contradicting of sorts; one could guess there is fun to be had in the middle, and that can even be true, but only if lucky to meet increasingly rare circumstances.

But I will fully agree with you that the right direction might be to relief passive holding of mechs.
The state of things we reached at the end, when there was no effective limit of our passive army size yet we can't even arm them all at once without risk of collapse not to even speak about sending it as whole in lengthily attack wasn't bad place to be in some sense, and if a bit refined and balanced around that on the game level...

When I lose 120 novas out of 300 that does not actually mean much (losing ~100 KP with them can be much worse, actually), I can rebuild right away if I like, because I need only 80 to run my economy at max capacity, anything over that is extra already. But if one loses 50 out of his 60 it is a tragedy that is hard to cope with, and losing all of 80 can be quit event easily, because it *seems* impossible to come back after such.

Hmm, if really going with premise of few mechs, total destruction of one should be rare event on par of what city raze is now, most battles should end with damage not hard loses... but that sound like another game entirely.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 05:21:35 PM by Enneagon »
Pages: 1 [2] 3