MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Undying Server  (Read 3390 times)

Almighty Sturm

• Raptor
    • Email
The Undying Server
« on: January 10, 2015, 05:21:22 AM »

Adding a general chat should be a top priority, games are social and should therefore maximize player interaction. This may be the single biggest problem with MH, nobody to chat with. Even in a full alliance there are only 26 people and not many are on at the same time. I strongly suggest you implement one asap. All in favor please bump.

Also, would Devs consider making one server open-ended? Would be nice not having to rebuild everything on just one server. I bet it's population would soar. Maybe endgame could just reset the moons or something.

Thanks

Sturm/Smaug

adamsky

• Nova
    • Email
Re: The Undying Server
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 12:21:07 PM »

Adding a general chat should be a top priority, games are social and should therefore maximize player interaction. This may be the single biggest problem with MH, nobody to chat with. Even in a full alliance there are only 26 people and not many are on at the same time. I strongly suggest you implement one asap. All in favor please bump.
With current MH population, it shouldn't be a problem.
Earlier we dropped this idea as we were afraid it will need a strong moderation.

Also, would Devs consider making one server open-ended? Would be nice not having to rebuild everything on just one server. I bet it's population would soar. Maybe endgame could just reset the moons or something.
There was such server earlier. It was ok at first, but later it started to loose players and we had to close it. The whole MH was designed for rounds lasting limited ammount of time: short research trees, all researches, buildings and units pretty fast to make and not very expensive, limited army size, etc. We can rebalance it to create servers that last a bit longer, but endless servers just don't work.

Almighty Sturm

• Raptor
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 09:17:22 PM »

Cool, any idea when such a chat may become available? As far as mods are concerned, just add some filters and a report option. Anybody getting really outta pocket is sure to be tattled on. Ignore option would be nice. We could also use an ignore option for in-game mail. Got a few socially inept tweens here and there (Ares) I'd just as soon run over with my car as engage in conversation with and I'm sure I'm not everybodies cup of tea either  ;D

furek86

• Wolverine
  • http://bit.ly/wolfpackteaser
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 09:41:32 AM »

LoL Sturm aka Smaug, seeing a few of your AO chat entries about attacking enemies and doing whatnot, you would qualify for strong moderation of about 70% of the words that came oozing out of your mouth :)

Almighty Sturm

• Raptor
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 05:15:53 AM »

I swear profusely, there is a filter for that.

furek86

• Wolverine
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 12:01:58 PM »

yeah, it's called *star-lord* LOL :)

Almighty Sturm

• Raptor
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 05:12:29 AM »

I'm confused as to how starlord qualifies as a filter....besides he just lucky i lost net b4 attack. I had the majority of my army poised to counter after i got a chance to see his attack. None of you had anything left to challenge it with.

furek86

• Wolverine
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 10:35:01 AM »

You're probably right, our armies were much smaller than yours. Shame you lost your net, if that's true. Shame the server slowed down when I attacked a few weeks back and you couldn't get your army prepared. Shame shame shame.
Anyway, please upgrade your net cause next time I would like to challenge you without having to hear you cry about how lucky I am cause you had issues.

Almighty Sturm

• Raptor
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 12:17:51 PM »

Its true, although the base wipe on mordor WAS unexpected and probably saved one or two of your ships. But I'm taking a break for awhile to play something else, perhaps a permanent one. Bit too demanding when I have to compete against a bunch if damned multis. >:(

Neo

• translations_ro
  • Nemesis
  • Kill'em with FIRE!
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2015, 05:08:08 PM »

Blah blah, go back to your real lives.

furek86

• Wolverine
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 12:36:54 PM »

Said the man who wasted 6+ years here and now brags about getting back to his life (aka waking up with his pants down) :D

Neo

• translations_ro
  • Nemesis
  • Kill'em with FIRE!
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2015, 11:01:15 PM »

If i remember correctly you were the one who claimed to have quit and lurked back in when i stopped looking  ;D

PS: Feels nice to see my baby BLS winning the server  ::)