MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lesson learned: Don't attack 400-640 NPC's till you have at least one Vulture.  (Read 3674 times)

Enneagon

• SpiderTank

Unfortunately,  only you,  other members of your alliance, and game administrators can view report linked like this, no one else. And, even those who can, only for about two weeks until the report expires.

There no straight forward way to publish reports, best workaround is to make screenshots.

Dornier Pfeil

• Vulture

Thanks for the tip.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 05:04:15 AM by Dornier Pfeil »

Enneagon

• SpiderTank

Yes, LMG raptors are really only for the Training NPCs... you can kill 170~250 with pairs of them, but the AR Raptor pose significant treat to them already.

I usually skip vulture, go straight to Puma, and exit starting protection time with few of those already build.

Use 4 Pumas armed with 2x LRR or PLR for 400~640 class, later 3 Pumas (1x RG1 or RG2 or 4~5x AMG or PhR)

Enneagon

• SpiderTank

Just for fun, my minimum mech use to kill NPCs without loses (often without a scratch)

DO NOT use this as "safe approach" hint (but well, I added it also in black), you first have to find the correct weapon load out, behavior  and positioning to do it like this in higher classes, many of with assumes maxed capacity upgrade and rare or artifact class weapons - this is more a goal for inspiration to search solutions of the NPC killing "puzzle game" - and, I don't pretend that this is the final best. ;)

1 Raptor

170~250
1 Puma
(low tech safe: 2 Pumas)

250~400
2 Pumas
(low tech safe: 3 Pumas or 2 ST)

400~640
3 Pumas
(low tech safe: 4 Pumas or 2 ST or 1 Nova)

640~1000
4 Pumas
or
1 Spider Tank
(low tech safe: 6 Pumas or 3 ST or 2 Nova)

1000~1600
6 Pumas
or
2 Spider Tanks
or
1 Nova
(low tech safe: 6 Pumas or 5 ST or 3 Nova)

1600~2500
8 Pumas
or
6 Spider Tanks
or
2 Nova
(low tech safe: 8 ST or 3 Nova)

2500~4000
8 Spider Tanks
or
3 Nova
(low tech safe: 6 Nova)

4000~6400
8 Spider Tanks
or
4 Nova
(low tech safe: 7 Nova)

6400~10k
scouted - 8 Spider Tanks
or
12 Spider Tanks
or
8 Nova
(low tech safe: 10 Nova)

10k~16k
17 nova
(low tech safe: to much nova to be practical)

or, scouted:

16k Rg2 (19 mechs)
2~6 ST - in multiple wave attacks
or
12 ST
or
8 Nova
(low tech safe: 15 nova)

16k EMP (8 mechs)
4 and 8 ST in two stage attack
or
8 Nova
(low tech safe: 10 nova)

16k PC JP (16 mechs)
8 Spider tanks
or
3 Nova
(low tech safe: none, special setting needed)

16k DC JP (15 mechs)
3 nova + 4 ST
(low tech safe: 17 nova)

16k PhR (13 mechs)
10 nova
(low tech safe: 12 nova)

16k KP (18 mechs)
13 nova
(low tech safe: none, special setting needed)

« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 10:34:03 PM by Enneagon »

adamsky

• Nova
    • Email

We have to finally create a guide explaining how to kill NPCs effectively. I know there was a veteran player creating something like that, but looks like he didn't finish it.

verkli

• Puma

@Enneagon nice post

4000~6400
8 Spider Tanks
or
4 Nova
(low tech safe: 7 Nova)

i dont recommend to any player to send 8 ST-s there. The most changelling config, easy to lose 1-2 ST-s. I have a 6xST config, using it only if i really have to.

6400~10k
scouted - 8 Spider Tanks

5xST

16k EMP (8 mechs)
4 and 8 ST in two stage attack
or
8 Nova

4xnova

16k PC JP (16 mechs)
8 Spider tanks
or
3 Nova

5xST, i think 2 enough, if you are pretty lucky (only the athlas dangerous in this config)

16k PhR (13 mechs)
10 nova

9 novas

16k KP (18 mechs)
13 nova

One time i sent my 10K nova setup to there becouse missclick. All 10 novas back :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 05:05:55 PM by verkli »

Neo

• translations_ro
  • Nemesis
  • Kill'em with FIRE!

This is the 10k and 16k guide with pictures:

-10k - This setup can be taken out either with 10-11 PLR+AntiJ novas without scouting or by scouting this way:
- 2 Nova x 32PLRL & 4 ST JP: can be beaten with either 10-12 ST JP (dangerous - http://i.imgur.com/rqzVG.png) or by 1 AntiJ nova + 4-6 ST JP: http://i.imgur.com/gVr8i.png
- 10 ST JP + 10 ST PLR: http://i.imgur.com/37a5v.png

RG2: 8xNemesis (11xRG2, 2xMLP, 2xE.22) + 12xRaptor (1xRG2, 1BMP)
All enemy mechs in this config are armed with RG2 so heavy ballistic shields are a must. Can be beaten by as few as 4 novas, use 2 as tank with about 15 CP each + IPC/RG2/EMP (no transports on these novas), and 2-3 as snipers with KP/PLR (no shileds, just weapons and X2X). Matching the damage type of the novas (IPC on tanks => PLR on snipers) gives better results than mixing energy and ballistic novas. Can also be beaten by 8-10 PLR novas (escape @ no armor) and other combinations that require cheap equipment, but more units.
Another good way is sending 10-12 ST with PLR. http://i.imgur.com/QqcPy.png
As you can see, the spiders get the overkill because they move too fast and kill the NPC before they get hit.

PC : 15xST (5xPC, 3xMLP, 1xSFF, ST JP) + 1xAthlas (3xTG, 2xPR, AT JP)
This setup is all about designing the best Anti-Jumper novas you can. Can be beaten by 4 Novas (maybe even 2...). Use Ballistic armors and low-range energy weapons. PFT and PGL work fine if you use a few more novas. Deflector + Emp is best. Remember to use stick to target and No escape.
Most effcient config for this: http://i.imgur.com/bpxfE.png
Use caution

PLR: 4xNova (40xPLR) + 4xWolverine (5xEMP, 1xMLP)
Usually can be beaten by 8-10 PLR novas to be safe.

KP : 6xBionic (4xKP, 1 CP) + 9xAthlas (4xMort, 1xMLP, 1xCFF) + 4xVulture (3xPGL, 1xCP, 1xSFF)
Hardest setup to beat. Good luck. Jumpers won't work. Use either KP or PLR novas, 20+.

DC: 2xNova(6xKP, 5xMLP, 2xAFF) + 6xST(4xDC, 1xADS, 1xSFF, ST JP) + 7xPuma(2xPFT, 1xDC, JP)
Can be beaten by 4 Novas + 4 Spider Jumpers, in theory. Similar to the energy 10k config. Use anti-jumper Novas and PFT spiders. Stick to target on all mechs. Hard to beat without jumpers because of the KP Novas. Use with caution, again. Real behaviors might differ to the simulation and you may lose mechs. Try to avoid if you are new to this.

PR: 7xBionic (2xMort, 13xPR, 5xADS) + 4xST (2xEMP, 9xPR, 3xAFF) + 2xWolverine (5xMort)
Can be beaten by the same setup used to kill 10k NPCs. 8 mortar novas should do the job, but multiple setups work. Use long range weapons, don't use jumpers. As with all long-range weapons, behavior should be Target Closest, Keep Max Distance, Change Target Each Turn, Escape @ 50%.
A good tactic is to use tank novas with stick with target since the NPC mechs all have stick with target. Something like this: http://i.imgur.com/CqdnC.png

Dornier Pfeil

• Vulture

How do you find out which weapon loadout is on the mechs at an NPC before you attack?

Dornier Pfeil

• Vulture

And the Raptor survives?  :o

Neo

• translations_ro
  • Nemesis
  • Kill'em with FIRE!

Usually no, but the amount of resources you get from npc above 4k makes raptors irrelevant.