MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Show missions from all cities on navigation screen  (Read 1501 times)

Enneagon

• SpiderTank
Show missions from all cities on navigation screen
« on: July 15, 2014, 10:52:42 PM »

So, a simple example using harvesting:
I have, let's say, 8 debris piles of ~30 harvesters each, I have two cities with 120 harvesters each.
So, I send them out from one city to 4 debris piles, at fifth I have to switch to the second city. Now, I have to send harvesters to remaining 3 piles, but, if I click on any other (than the one I already send from this city) there no clue had I send harvesters to it from the first city or not.

If it not looks hard for 2 cities harvesting 8 piles, extend it to 8 cities harvesting half-hundred piles in 16x16 tiles area.
Currently, the only way is to fast click trough all cities that could have involved to see is something coming there already or not...

This is a very frustrating issue, currently each city feels like a completely autonomous universe that know nothing about what other city do, even if they are cities of the same player... (Don't know, maybe it specifically intended so, out of some strange idea about immersion/atmosphere, but doubt it is worth it...)

This is not only about harvesting.
Have a mission send to this NPC already?
A scan to this city?

How hard (or unwanted) it would be to aggregate info about all missions to current location from all cities of the same player?

And don't say it only issue of overly big players, you need only 2 cities to start wonder about this mess.

Now, as a bonus, I would like to develop over this idea
http://forum.mechhero.com/index.php?topic=3528.msg24569
in this, more broad context:
How immensely useful it would be, if the info about missions to the location in question listed not merely a fact and time, but also source, size (as number of harvesters, satellites, mechs) and maybe even type of scan.

Enneagon

• SpiderTank
Re: Show missions from all cities on navigation screen
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 11:00:22 PM »

If you don't want this for everybody, it could even be one of already overly many SHA features...

kaltor

• Puma
Re: Show missions from all cities on navigation screen
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 02:25:52 AM »

I think that is a great idea.