MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Defensive Mech  (Read 2999 times)

DrunkenRhino

• Raptor
  • I'm steadily building nothing out of something
    • Email
My Defensive Mech
« on: April 22, 2010, 11:18:48 AM »

might as well get to using this category.

Chassis
Wolverine

Equipment
1 Ion Pulse Cannon
3 railgun Is (or however you pluralize that)
2 basic metal plating
4 selective force fields

Behaviour
Targeting
target lowest hull strength
target same as general
closest
Movement
move to max range
move to max range
move to max range (see a pattern?)
Escape
No surrender, and don't count on retreat!

Notes
The main thing I have to worry about is something with a longer range, which is why this guy has best buddy who goes around everywhere with him. this buddy is a puma outfitted with 2 PLRs and a long range rifle and I did my best to get his targeting to prioritize enemy snipers.

brief explanation of the armor, I need another tech lab (and thus, another city) before I can research better armor.

I tried to diversify between energy and ballistic in both weaponry and armor to prepare for anything.
I needed weaponry that had decent range to compensate for the slow speed, and I think I did a decent job of keeping a half decent damage output.
Alright, there she is. her name is Mouse. any criticism is appreciated.
We got the land, but they got The View!

adamsky

• Administrator
  • Nova
    • Email
Re: My Defensive Mech
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 11:41:00 AM »

Both Ion Pulse Canon and Railgun I have similar range. If it meets fast Mechs focused on long or on short range weapons, it may have serious problems.

I suggest to replace one of the weapons with either long or short range guns. This way you will counter snipers or short-range and your mid range weapon (IPC or Railgun) will work as backup.

Unit equipped with mid range weapons becomes deadly when it has "Keep min distance" behaviour (available in Advanced Tactics pack).