MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mech Upgrades  (Read 7949 times)

muldactus

• Raptor
    • Email
Mech Upgrades
« on: April 14, 2011, 05:28:34 PM »

Once a mech has earned some XP, they can start buying upgrades - Capacity, Hull Strength, Combat Speed and so on.  Which upgrades are generally considered the better buys, and which ones aren't generally good bets for spending the XP points on?

fedaykin

• translations_ro
  • Puma
    • Email
Re: Mech Upgrades
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 07:46:46 PM »

I always go to max capacity first
then Hull
and later repair time

Gunslinger

• Puma
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 11:13:19 PM »

I personally always look at the mech first. Repair time makes little sense on a Raptor with only 300 hull, and Cap upgrades only yield 2 cap per 8 ex. I try to go for the various tactics upgrades to allow them to preform specialized roles, i.e hunting Anti-building weapon carries, missile carriers looking to strip shields and armor, Mules to stay out of the enemies weapons ranges, etc etc

the bigger the mechs, the better it is to have that cap/hull/repair upgrade. Wolverines often get that repair upgrade the first few levels just because their hull is so great.

Re-arm isn't all that bad if you have mechs going against a wide variety of targets constantly.

It all boils down to what you do with the mech.
Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many.

Dobq

• Wolverine
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 07:00:18 PM »

if you have a raptor is better not to collect the capacity, if you have a vulture or greater increase capacity, then the hull at high speed mech the speed, and the large retooling / Repair

Enneagon

• SpiderTank
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 06:46:07 AM »

If you have any exp on alive raptor, it probably must be upgraded (to spider or nova), and so I stuck with the same capacity first...
Vultures, Wolverines and Atlass also can't be seen as permanent, they will be upgraded or sacrificed eventually.

My defaults is, capacity 4x, advanced tactics, capacity #5, combat speed 2x, hull.

Combat speed is omitted for novas, advanced tactics may be omitted for some fixed role units (and are auto granted for now on new servers), some special role novas may get repair speed upgrades.

adamsky

• Nova
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 01:00:41 PM »

I know one player who invests in "repair speed" in a first place. Faster repair = more NPCs a day. Ofcourse it's most usefull with Nova.

An alternatvie path that seems to be unreasonable, but works for this player.
Main drawback is that such army is less prepared for PvP.