MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: failure of the protective feature  (Read 1790 times)

Hulk

• Vulture
failure of the protective feature
« on: March 08, 2014, 12:22:28 AM »

Well, a guy marked with: "Infrastructure points differs too much to attack this player" somehow attacked me and I can't fight him back. Just wondering whether that's a bug or a pre-designed feature?
aka TROLOLO, aka ursa major, aka duke nukem, aka KarlssonPĆ„Taket

Enneagon

• SpiderTank
Re: failure of the protective feature
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 09:23:49 PM »

One possibility I can imagine this to happen would be the edge cases when the point difference was in allowed range at time the attack was initiated, but is gone out while the attack is on the way.

For example (as with s1 x3 rule): player of 5,250 points send attack to player of 15,000 points, and raze finished Tech Lab immediately after, as result he is under 5,000 points and 15,000 point player can't counterattack (as well as he can't send any follow-up attack), but the one on the way will land.
Or, the other way, the 6,000 point player under attack from 2,010 point player builds the recovery station up few levels (just in case, probably); now he have 6,032 points and 2,010 points are out of his current point range.

And yes, build/raze in and out of the other player point range can be a deliberate play.

Obviously, AB attacks can lead to even bigger differences... not only in direct result of the current attack (what, I guess, is not the case) but one of the involved players may be AB'ed by some third player while attack is on the way...

So, it quite hard, at times, to tell what the points player had at the moment of launch of the attack - but that is what counts.

OR

Had your account be under deletion at that time?

While the delete count-down is ongoing, any player is free to attack you, regardless of point size, while point limit remains in effect for your outgoing attacks.
(to eliminate obvious exploit - other way anyone could cancel point restrictions at will)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 09:46:10 PM by Enneagon »

obeonesize

• Raptor
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 04:53:49 AM »

Well, a guy marked with: "Infrastructure points differs too much to attack this player" somehow attacked me and I can't fight him back. Just wondering whether that's a bug or a pre-designed feature?

adamsky

• Administrator
  • Nova
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 12:38:50 PM »

Is your account set to delete?