MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just wandering  (Read 2283 times)

spinosurfer

• Raptor
    • Email
Just wandering
« on: December 11, 2013, 06:40:33 AM »

is there anyway I can increase the capacity of a mech??

and what do i do to research Puma? thx :)

Kalc Foo

• SpiderTank
Re: Just wandering
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 06:18:28 PM »

Yes, when you have experience points for the mech.  It's a tab when you are looking at the mech.

Do research in the Engineering Facility then Science Academy to get more advanced things.
I'm talking about mech fu fighting.

Enneagon

• SpiderTank
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 09:56:58 PM »

Yes, you can upgrade mech capacity using Experience points in Unit view, Upgrade tab.

Your mechs gain experience from fights, and every level you gain 3 points that can be used for upgrades. 5% capacity upgrade costs 8 points, and only 5 are allowed, so Raptor can have max capacity of 63 at minimum level of 14. This may not sound very useful, but for bigger mechs the difference is lot more substantial.

To research Puma in your Science Academy you need level 3 AI Unit and level 3 Robotics Workshop in your Tech Lab building and level 3 Mech Factory building.

Use Calculator tab in your Tech Lab building to see what technologies you need for desired things, and/or consult game guide (at {YOUR_SERVER}.mechhero.com/Guide.aspx where {YOUR_SERVER} is one of s1 or s2 or s3 accordingly,- well, simply click on any big question mark icon ;) ) to see what levels of what buildings you may need additionally.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 10:02:30 PM by Enneagon »

spinosurfer

• Raptor
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 07:12:54 AM »

I see... Thanks guys

i guess i shouldnt upgrade the capacity on Raptor since it doesnt add much.. Whats the best bonus to spend the point in with my first few Raptors?

Dobq

• Wolverine
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 07:51:38 PM »

Better not produce raptors, if at the beginning, try to keep about puma, then upgrade speed or hull

Enneagon

• SpiderTank
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 03:34:58 PM »

The first two Raptors you obtain while doing tutorial is kind of special case - they will get some experience, sometimes quite much of it. So they most probably are going to hull upgrade (and this is pretty much only case you should seriously consider hull upgrade), so the upgrades you do on them will end on Spider Tank or even Nova.

Most probably think about them as ST, while it is not wise to do the hull upgrade more than once, and it doubtful you get to Nova fast enough to upgrade your initial raptors to it directly (or you will be willing to keep them aside for that long, or they mysteriously survives that long).
And the permanent and regular use mech chassis are just few: Raptor, Puma, Spider Tank, Nova. Anything else is mostly only for temporal or exotic role usage, if ever. Although even Vulture have (but very limited) legitimate use cases.
And yes, it is quite possible you will produce Raptors continuously, quite lot of them,- but exclusively for kamikaze scout missions... so there will be no xp to spend for those.

Upgrade strategy is heatedly debated topic, and there no one right way, supposedly.
Two major "schools" are:
The canonical, capacity first - practically on every mech, regardless of size, unless narrow specialization for current mech is considered;
The alternative, repair speed first - again, on any mech.
This depends on your play style, are you using (and losing) armors/shields or deem that to be too expensive and better regularly repair your mechs instead.
For fun I could then add third, the desperate - mechs, considered inevitably lost in eve of major battle, may drop all remaining upgrade points in to hull upgrade early.

• Raptor
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 05:39:10 AM »

I think there is an argument that can be made for almost all of the upgrades

Capacity - easiest to justify, allows you to bring more guns to the fight, and in general, you can get more hull points from shields/armor than from upgrading your hull strength, so this is the normal thing to upgrade first.

Hull Strength - great for NPC raiding mechs where you don't want to keep spending money on shields and armor

Combat Speed - highest speed shoots first, so I would say a minor upgrade is a must for every mech

Repair Speed - great when paired with the Hull Strength upgrade, if you don't use shields/armor, you gotta repair quickly

Rearm Speed - great for the player who scouts and arms his/her mechs for the specific target

All that being said, 75% of mine get maxed capacity as the first thing.