MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: no-chaos  (Read 2345 times)

Dobq

• Wolverine
no-chaos
« on: July 13, 2013, 07:08:11 AM »

[PL]

od razu przejde do rzeczy:
można by pozbyć się chaosu z serwerów:
s1-2-3-normal
s4-long
s5-speed

I'll get right to the point:
you could get rid of the chaos of the servers:
s1-2-3-normal
s4-long
s5-speed

8)

adamsky

• Nova
    • Email
Re: no-chaos
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 11:04:03 AM »

Our plan is to have:
S1 - speed x5
S2 - speed x2
S3 - speed x1

Still didn't decide what to do with S4, but it's possible that we will close it.

Dobq

• Wolverine
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 11:31:40 AM »

ok, to było wkurzające gdy serwer się skończył, a po restarcie był np. szybkim serwerem

s4 mógłby być serwerem długim

Gray Death

• Nova
  • We, who are about to die, salute you!
    • Cursed Legion
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 07:32:07 PM »

S4
Runtime = Perpetual.
Acct Activity strictures to avoid deletion = STRICT
Acct Delete Timer = Half the normal time.

That way the server doesn't get cluttered with dead accts and it can successfully run forever with a regularly scheduled monthly maintenance closure, with all timers frozen, to update all the game mechanics and perform regular server maintenance. P.S. I'd actually log back in on my S4 acct if I could remember the correct password or who I left sitting it when I left...

Enneagon

• SpiderTank
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 01:10:44 AM »

Really good news there will be 2x server, it may even be that I don't stand against temptation to join it with serious intent  ;D
(but depends much on when it will start...  :-\ )

And yes, I believe that may be the best format for the game (or maybe 3x or something in between or a like)

What about x5 (s1) the cell value against other resources should be doubled at least... but then, I doubt even that helps to re-create the non-existent cell market.

adamsky

• Nova
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 11:37:51 AM »

S4
Runtime = Perpetual.
Acct Activity strictures to avoid deletion = STRICT
Acct Delete Timer = Half the normal time.

That way the server doesn't get cluttered with dead accts and it can successfully run forever
Main problem with S4 is not dead accounts, but the fact that activty is very low there.

MH was designed as an agressive game with servers lasting no more few months and thats how it works best.
S1 and S4 proved that attack limitations may work in this game, but perpetual servers is not the best idea.

What about x5 (s1) the cell value against other resources should be doubled at least... but then, I doubt even that helps to re-create the non-existent cell market.
It would only make the armies bigger. Cell production wasn't incrased to much, because we didn't increase cell usage.

Isotope

• Puma
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 06:49:39 PM »

Why not make S4 Private - Like people pre-arrange teams, with no possibility of changing through the server. Make games Like 2.5X speed, and have a set of people who could be "alternates", allowed to take over accounts when people starve and give up.

That way all the PVP people would stop getting bored killing sarahoconnor and his 75 accounts/server. Though I must admit, it sure is fun to send sarah messages just like you get them in the shoutbox, complete with unintelligible spelling and all caps.

If you had skill matched teams - perhaps people won't vanish so rapidly.

Make server awards like 100 cred per win, or perhaps like SC2 - give unique skins to a particular account. Like beyond the "death's head nova" you could have all kinds of bionic-esque color-schemes.

Just my 2 cents.

Dobq

• Wolverine
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 07:25:26 PM »

I thought once about private-server where ...

Screw that it will do with this new topic!

Enneagon

• SpiderTank
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 09:59:53 PM »

It would only make the armies bigger. Cell production wasn't incrased to much, because we didn't increase cell usage.
I don't mind increasing cell production, just mean value in market deals (allowing to charge 4 crystals for 1 cell)

Just an unverified idea, what come to me when run out of cells doing nothing (just building), and probably does not worth the overhead if that can't be done by simple parameters edit.