MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: auto-delete messages SH account  (Read 3088 times)

gamaset

• Wolverine
    • Email
auto-delete messages SH account
« on: April 21, 2013, 02:16:18 AM »

I think i posted this before but not sure I LOVE auto delete for messages like harvester missions.

Looking at it i wonder if there is a way to expand this functions like only report NPC missions to NPC bigger then X or only show reports when mechs are lost.
Other ideas would be get messages for harvester missions that didn't get 100% of the debris.

Just some thoughts curious about what people thing

Neo

• translations_ro
  • Nemesis
  • Kill'em with FIRE!
Re: auto-delete messages SH account
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 01:24:41 PM »

you can select what type of message you want to auto-delete.DERP

gamaset

• Wolverine
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 01:58:20 PM »

I know that but if i select explore missions i never get to see them and if i should lose a mech i like to look at the message and see why so i can change the mistake (for example i missed resetting a behavior template from a defense and it got my mech killed i say it acting funny in the visualize and so i investigated and fixed the problem)

Enneagon

• SpiderTank
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 06:50:38 PM »

Yes, like the general idea.
Deleting NPC messages where is no damage or no loses may be good at certain case.
But I often use the report to center map and so ease harvester targeting, and do so as soon the report comes, so I won't want auto-delete high level NPCs anyway... what makes this all overly complicated, there shouldn't be more than two, max three choices.

Maybe something like this:
- insignificant Exploration reports : NPCs up to 4k in cell usage, no loses, no escapes, no exits, less than 25% hull damage
- major Exploration reports : NPCs over 4k in cell usage or any size, but some mech exited, escaped, got more than 25% damage
- urgent Exploration reports : any size NPC, loses happened or several units suffered over 75% hull damage

The exact details may be subject of deeper analysis and discussion, that's just a fast idea about.

Enneagon

• SpiderTank
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 07:11:04 PM »

By the way, there is two choices:

- Transfer
- No storage capacity

What works somewhat in contrary to what I may expect: I want all Transfer messages deleted, except for those where something get lost.
As it stands now, the exact opposite seems to be possible: see all transfers except for those where storage capacity exceeded (what seems absurd choice to me, but maybe I don't understand the second choice at all, haven't done such tests).

So there should be:

- Transfer successful
- Transfer, storage capacity exceeded
(- No storage capacity) - if this one is about something else at all

adamsky

• Nova
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 10:34:37 AM »

moving this to "New Ideas"

how about omething like this:
- NPC class for explorations ("no reports from NPC smaller than ...")
- use other triggers for PvP missions

Enneagon

• SpiderTank
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 01:00:15 PM »

Hmmm... not really. I added the NPC level as additional benefit, but it highly optional by nature.

The whole point is about distinguish between routine missions that work as intended and ones that unexpectedly failed or go way too harsh, usually bringing up an error in behavior or even equipment setting of involved mechs.

But adding likewise sorting for PvP missions is very viable, there may be countless farming runs that just clutter in the scene.

adamsky

• Nova
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 01:52:03 PM »

What do you think about something like: "mark explorations reports as read".
Reports would still be there, but not showing as unread.

gamaset

• Wolverine
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 06:13:10 PM »

I love your first idea cause i think it gets to the heart of what i was asking i never look at ones that are below 4k cause i know my set ups will handle those no problem.

As to my other suggestion having two harvester missions complete and incomplete triggered by the line that says what percentage of harvesting was done. would be kinda nice to look at the reports and see ones i didn't finish

and PvP already uses another trigger cause it goes under attack or defend respectively unless your going to start battling for NPC's
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 06:16:47 PM by gamaset »