MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Battle Simulator  (Read 3788 times)

gamaset

• Wolverine
    • Email
Battle Simulator
« on: May 28, 2012, 04:00:41 AM »

so it might be here somewhere already and if it is please drop the link in a response but if not here we go. when you have a superhero account you can drop your individual or all that cities mechs into the simulator which is great i love the function i just wish we could take it 1 step further.  I have my mechs grouped by function I.E an Spider tank group meant to go after 2500 NPC's and Raptors  that are used for farming would it be possible to put mechs into the simulator based on those groupings? it would make the battle simulator much more user friendly and easier to use. i understand that i can use the save configuration option for a case like that but i've been using them to save the NPC configuration so i don't have to manually enter them every time. just curious about that being an option.

while on the topic of the Battle simulator could we get an option where i can only load mechs with weapons present at the base and not exceed the quantity of said weapon armor equipment what ever. for example if i only have 9 mortars it will only let me equip 9. this would be helpful as you grow in the game by allowing you how see how you can mix and match weapons effectively with out the frustration of having to go between simulator and inventory a billion times   

futatol

• Wolverine
    • Email
Re: Battle Simulator
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 09:11:51 AM »

have you tied the tab for a web browser from your computer?

also there copy and paste you can do in notepad if you got more than 1 city, but you or your calculator needs add mech gear

seams its not popular topic

seams like your very lazy

it would only take like 30 secs per city to copy that info

the downside every time you get mech gear or a mech gear breakers, or you harvest a pile where mech gear is you either add it to your notepad somewhere, or just copy paste the citys where theres new mech gear

i'm not going to tell you to buy products that can do the adding for your, free or  out of your pocket for money, if you don't like notepad
also theres paper and pen or pencil, note cards to write stuff down, and theirs remembering what you have in each of them, and what mechs are equiped with

id say its not fun to try to get a plan if your using playing on a phone, unless you got a sitter that can do what u need there all the time

i'm sure i missed a some ideas how to store that info and keep it updated, not that i know how you play and where and when you do, or how many citys you have in a server(s) and your account name(s) and password(s)

gamaset

• Wolverine
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 03:55:22 PM »

have you tied the tab for a web browser from your computer?

also there copy and paste you can do in notepad if you got more than 1 city, but you or your calculator needs add mech gear

i have done the cut and paste from my inventory to note pad and it works but is tedious also because i access the game from multiple platforms including my smart phone keep the list can be annoying. also as I'm preparing for a large attack I'm working with multiple mechs so the equipment i have available is constantly changing as i set up mechs.

seams like your very lazy

First of all screw you its not being lazy its trying to help improve the game play and playability of a great game. I like the way that equiping mechs in the mech section works where as you rearm them it takes the weapons or shields out of your total so you know how many you have but hate the fact i have to rearm them to use it so I was HOPING there would be away to tie that system into the simulator.

it would only take like 30 secs per city to copy that info

the downside every time you get mech gear or a mech gear breakers, or you harvest a pile where mech gear is you either add it to your notepad somewhere, or just copy paste the citys where theres new mech gear

i'm not going to tell you to buy products that can do the adding for your, free or  out of your pocket for money, if you don't like notepad
also theres paper and pen or pencil, note cards to write stuff down, and theirs remembering what you have in each of them, and what mechs are equiped with

id say its not fun to try to get a plan if your using playing on a phone, unless you got a sitter that can do what u need there all the time

i'm sure i missed a some ideas how to store that info and keep it updated, not that i know how you play and where and when you do, or how many citys you have in a server(s) and your account name(s) and password(s)

Again i've done this before as need and seams a hard way of doing something. i have scraps of paper all around my desk with things like PLR 356 written on them.

But onto other things. I never did get a response to the idea of if it would be possible to add unit groups to the city units drop down in the battle simulator. I currently have multiple groups of spider tanks and nova's that i use for combat and would love to be able to drop them in as a group and not have to pick them from a list of 40+ mechs

Enneagon

• SpiderTank
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 03:19:43 AM »

THIS !

Another topic that must be brought on the top, I was planning to create it myself actually.  ;D

- add possibility load mechs in simulator by groups. I actually had move part of my army to another city just archive this effect. LOL, yes works, but that not really normal.

- the mech equipment interface is very different in simulator and in mech list, I would like to see them unified, taking best from both. The mech list version is better, but it lacks remained capacity number displayed (yes, simple math, still very useful), and, see next point.

- make equipment changing more flexible. When changing equipment on mech (in mech list) any changes instantly take effect, I see it wrong, there many times I try to change something but end up reloading exactly what I started with, again. Or it changed just by one piece, but all others are removed and put back during several iterations of search for perfect loadout. It would be lot useful and user friendly if I could manage the equipment in a temporal environment, then submit (or cancel) changes made, all at once, just like as when changing templates (and that's the way the equipment changes in simulator work!). It also could allow then to temporally exceed the capacity, making search for the best layout of the moment even much easier and faster.
Yes, I can import the unit in simulator, play with its load-out there, and then replicate the changes in mech list... I do it, and  a lot, but that a cumbersome multistage process, and I like the mech list equip interface more to play with (and, see next point). It is also next to impossible to use simulator made templates on in-game mech...  (Well, I will make another post discussing templates).

- the (in)availability of equipment in simulator? Likely, the whole point of it is to explore without any box of restrictions... Of course, but still, as an option, it may be very useful, make it just like importing city mechs, select city and set a check-box "constrain equipment", or so.
I would like also the opposite, order to arm my 'real' mechs with equipment not in the current city at the moment. Now I need to first transfer the equipment (everything I possibly may want to use), then re-equip (then transfer unused stuff back), it would be nice to reverse: re-arrange the equipment scheme, then ship just missing peaces in. Besides, that already possible using pre-made templates. Again, this must be selectable option, constrain to only directly available equipment or not (on by default, can't be released in single city)

In general, I would love to see the in-game mech management and simulator army builder much closely tied and unified, exhibiting close variations of one interface, not two essentially different.

Enneagon

• SpiderTank
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 04:43:36 AM »

Also - allow to load attacker ONLY from saved setting, AS attacker OR as defender, leaving current defender or attacker, accordingly, untouched (or blank if there none already) Opposite may be impossible, loading defender as attacker should fail, if it contain turrets, still simple option to swap sides can come handy also.

This would let to reverse and recombine any saved settings, and try them against units loaded from city.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 05:09:37 AM by Enneagon »

gamaset

• Wolverine
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 07:22:16 PM »

hmmm a thread of mine that the admins never read or posted on

Enneagon

• SpiderTank
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 08:07:31 PM »

~BUMP~

Is that indeed so freaking impossible to add named groups currently present in city to mech load options in simulator?

Anything else mentioned on this thread would be nice, but is optional...

Even this...
Also - allow to load attacker ONLY from saved setting, AS attacker OR as defender, leaving current defender or attacker, accordingly, untouched (or blank if there none already) Opposite may be impossible, loading defender as attacker should fail, if it contain turrets, still simple option to swap sides can come handy also.

This would let to reverse and recombine any saved settings, and try them against units loaded from city.
Hmmm.... not sure, was I simply not noticed is at the time of writing it, or it indeed was added later, but now there IS possibility to load mechs from city as defenders. Still the point about loading just one side from the saved setup not wiping out the other (what may be carefully created work in progress) would be welcome.