MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Server Rules broken and nothing being done about it.  (Read 9218 times)

Cigarjohn

• Vulture
    • Email
Server Rules broken and nothing being done about it.
« on: April 28, 2012, 11:51:45 PM »

AntiBuilding use limitations.

We all agree that use of AntiBuilding weapons only against valid military, and industrial targets, which includes of all cities of players actively involved in current conflict between alliances, and excludes players that are not participating in the conflict, which includes small players, who do not have any big combat or industrial strength.
We all agree to not use of AntiBuilding weapons, unless its necessary from Strategic, Operational or Tactical point of view.
We all agree that use of AB Weapons should be limited, and actions like Power Blocking should not take place unless necessary, and thus reason of this action should be presented and explained to other A-S.

I am a small player and not a threat to anyone. I only fight against NPC's and only have 3 St's. I know my alliance is at war with the (Reapers) but I am too weak of a player to help out in the battle against the (Reapers).

Killingspree and Ghost Rabbit AB'd my main city and destroyed every building except for the original 3,3,4 mines and Command Center which can't be destroyed.

When the first attacks came in that weren't ab weapons, I asked for a truce and they promised they wouldn't attack or AB me. Then Ghost Rabbit AB'd me and I asked for a truce and he apoligised to me and stopped attacking me.

When I asked Killingspree for a truce, he agreed and stopped attacking me for two weeks until today when he sent over 20+ Deltas and Doms and wiped me out completely.

I can't understand the reason for it? I'm no threat to anyone. I know it's just a game, but don't games have limitations?

I guess since he's a paying customer, he is allowed to break the rules? (AntiBuilding use limitations.

We all agree that use of AntiBuilding weapons only against valid military, and industrial targets, which includes of all cities of players actively involved in current conflict between alliances, and excludes players that are not participating in the conflict, which includes small players, who do not have any big combat or industrial strength.
We all agree to not use of AntiBuilding weapons, unless its necessary from Strategic, Operational or Tactical point of view.
We all agree that use of AB Weapons should be limited, and actions like Power Blocking should not take place unless necessary, and thus reason of this action should be presented and explained to other A-S.)

"Excludes players that are not participating in the conflict" which includes me and he was aware of it and still decided to break these rules.

It's a shame this games admins show favortism to those who purchase additional credits when us non-paying players are ignored. But hey, it's all about the money. Money talks and bull shit walks.

My two cents.

Crackedcanadian

• Wolverine
    • Email
Re: Server Rules broken and nothing being done about it.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 02:12:42 AM »

there is no in game limits to AB weapons. Ive been on the wrong end of many such attacks even thou i get no more that 4-5 cites by endgame. it happens get over it, war is never civil and when it is it is no longer war just a show.

Ask Col Skaza about what happens when you try to impose limits on thingsyou shouldn't. I had hoped this sort of idea had died off with this thread(http://forum.mechhero.com/index.php?topic=2083.0)

I believe (thou i may be wrong) I was the first ever victim of cell lock, and i still fought back to win the game for my alliance at the end just because you are small does not mean you can't do anything. Make them pay for every city they kill, build tons of bunkers since they are cheap and quick to build but take a beating.

edited for spelling and thread links.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 02:38:57 AM by Crackedcanadian »

Itwasmyidea

• SpiderTank
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 08:47:53 AM »

Well said cracked

There's a thousand arguments here for and against and really I cant be bothered to go through them. I am killingspree in this server (s3) you CJ know me from s1 r1...Moonraker.
You'll know now why I did this and we all know sometimes the pen (or text) can be mightier than the sword and players can hide behind their words saying whatever they like with people believing them.
I dont care any more.............................

Crackedcanadian

• Wolverine
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 01:24:19 AM »

yeah i remember your chat name.

Cigarjohn

• Vulture
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 03:35:47 AM »

I now it's just a game, but when Mech Hero makes rules for us to follow and we break them, then their should be some sort of reprocussion.

It's nice to see you again Moonraker. LOL!

Neo

• translations_ro
  • Nemesis
  • Kill'em with FIRE!
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 10:35:42 AM »

I remember Cuja and Black widow wiped out some of you on s2 too, i didn't hear anybody say a word then

traz

• Athlas
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 05:44:55 AM »

lol you all are just lucky im too busy or id drop you all to 3 points for whinning  :D

go get'em neo

Neo

• translations_ro
  • Nemesis
  • Kill'em with FIRE!
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 10:46:20 PM »

DONE:

Because 3 points is too mainstream.

Problem, CJ?

Itwasmyidea

• SpiderTank
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 10:55:34 PM »

worth every penny I spent on AB

Goodnight CJ......................

Ganymede

• Vulture
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 08:26:44 PM »

man, you guys are a bunch of d!ckheads. the only people that find it fun to pick on defenseless people are bullies. your arguments are also fallacious.

"it happens get over it." it happens because you make it happen, and you want him to get over it because you don't want to stop. what you are experiencing is textbook schadenfreude. there is nothing good to say about the matter. check it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude. fun can be had in other ways.

"someone beat me into the ground and you didn't hear me complaining" isn't a sound rebuttal to someone asserting that violence against the weak is unjustified. what it suggests to me is that the same thing happened to you and no one wanted to help you, so you made it a point to be strong enough where people couldn't or wouldn't do it to you and you then proceeded to exact vengeance on people that aren't culpable in any way. sadly, you see this in many facets of real life: hazing, spousal abuse, territorial invasion over resources, or as i said before, plain old schoolyard bullying. i'd like to point out that none of those situations is looked upon favorably by any third party.

"putting restrictions on the game like this takes the fun out of it." perhaps for you, but in an utilitarian sense untrue. there is a paucity of powergamers in MH relative to the casual players. the bullying powergamers are even scarcer. the bullies may not have as much fun with such restrictions imposed, but many more players will have a much improved quality of game play. i am almost certain that if there were a server-wide vote on imposing anti-bully rules that it would pass.

all of your other rebuttals are simply ad hominem and can be immediately rejected.

and fyi, every time you annihilate someone you create another martyr. you may feel righteous now because your dirty dealings have garnered you the win this round, but all it takes is one charismatic leader to unite the entire mass of casual players against you, and civilization has seen the results of the proletariat rising against dictatorship.

to traz and neo: despite your actions, i thought you were decent guys. this behavior disappoints me. "might makes right" is the basest form of morality, reserved for vikings and terrorists. like it or not you are role models. do the honorable thing and promote chivalrous warfare.

citizenX

• Vulture
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 10:36:47 PM »

if you are walking in the street and someone threatens you with his fists "get out of my sight or i will beat you to death", he is a bully.

if the same thing happens in a boxing ring and you both have boxing gloves on your hands, he is not. He is just an opponent.

Gray Death

• Nova
  • We, who are about to die, salute you!
    • Cursed Legion
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 04:51:43 AM »

Partially true, CX. But how often does a super heavyweight get into the ring with a flyweight? It simply doesn't happen.  Why? Because it's supposed to be a contest of skill. Not a showing of some big guy utterly destroying a much smaller opponent.

traz

• Athlas
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2012, 06:52:40 AM »

that doesn't make sense GD when they create the account they would both be stepping into the ring in this example so each makes their own choice.

Again excuses for plain not being as good as others. You have the spirit but lack the skill. Instead of arguing with those that defeat you so regulary and easily, try to learn from them. Then you will be a better leader for it.

Gunny_Highway

• Vulture
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2012, 07:00:05 AM »

Why play a war game when u don't want to wage war?

Gray Death

• Nova
  • We, who are about to die, salute you!
    • Cursed Legion
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 03:00:32 PM »

Gunny, this is a very social game. I stuck around just to socialize and talk with friends long after the real world had pushed me to the point where I haven't the time to even be a medium sized player.

Traz, what you're suggesting is that I should emulate the ones that are able to be online constantly. I can't do that. I have a wife, college courses, and two children to raise. Also, I could never pull off the arrogance that seems to come standard with that 50th nova.
Pages: [1] 2