MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Mech pilots  (Read 18585 times)

Sturm

Re: Mech pilots
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2012, 12:42:08 PM »

What about making some of the current xp bonuses into some items players can manufacture? Equipment rack for capacity and supercharger for speed.

Leave the defense/weapon analysis, advanced tactics, hull strength (say human intelligence increases survivability or something), maybe add some accuracy and damage bonus too so it doesn't feel like pilot upgrades are weaker than current system.

Integrate rearm and repair speeds into the mech hangar levels, or some sort of upgrade for them. Could even give xp to the mech hangars themselves if you break each rearm/repair down into gains in experience towards upgrade points, and if they are AB'd, they lose some of these upgrades (mechanics got toasted or something).

Just a few ideas, I don't care if they all go to pilot but would be cool and add some flavor. Also like some of these other ideas I see here. Good stuff  ;D

Orion420

• Raptor
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2012, 08:46:08 AM »

This is semantics but why even use “AI”. This is Mech Hero after all ands AI’s don’t have Heroes. Every Mech should have a pilot with a name but only a very few could be the stuff to achieve Hero status. These non-hero Pilots would not gain levels, but they could gain minor quirks witch ill covered later. This fluff wise makes more sense, as any warrior would much rather his battle brothers to his flanks than any AI. When the piloted Mech is destroyed these Mech Pilots could eject but at a % chance base upon how fast they are destroyed. To me this makes the most senses because of expansive training (fluff, or game mechanic) you’re invested into these men.

Now the Mech Hero is a man apart, he should have an expert skill in piloting these War Machines as he should as well be a leader of them. To represent this
I purpose a Perk and quirk system similar to the Total War series” Traits” acquired by Generals. Given time your Heroes would pick up Perks from their battle field expenses giving a small boosts, turning to greater ones given time. A player would not directly get these traits but rather indirectly form the missions he sent his Hero on. It’s a merit system that rewards the player with interesting Characters who’s expenses and personality’s affect his ability’s instead of point buys and builds.
This system would ooze role playing elements that would build to greater tiers of expertise. 

“Stalwart Defender” Having defend your city’s from aggressors time and time again have taught this man to better repel attackers.

“Partyer” This man can’t help the excitement of success and its contagious. He and his men waste no time toasting and cheering a completed mission. Unfortunately this cause repairing and rearming to slow slightly as pilots and hanger crews celebrate.

“Battle High” The roar of Cannons, the feeling of the Mech’s earths crushing stride and the beating of its fusion core. He is a God of War and a bringer of death, mercilessly plunging into battle to bring down his foes.

“Leading form the front” This man’s preferences to lead the charge and get stuck in with his men inspires greater valor form all the follow him.

“Big Cat” Having road the Mighty Puma in to battle countless times this man has a special bond with the frame. Few can match his proficiency.

“Digital Barbarian” This man mounts the biggest gun he can and runs into battle on the bellow of war cry’s.
Mech pilots would gain lesser Perks then their heroes but could still pick up traits that would make no two army’s the same. 

This could even give way to agents, specials and city administrators all driven by perks and quirks.

adamsky

• Administrator
  • Nova
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2012, 04:38:10 PM »

both ideas very good!

futatol

• Wolverine
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2012, 10:03:06 PM »

"If we don't make capacity bonus for a Pilot, there will be no capacity bonus at all."
perception, dexterity, intelligence i think those 3 would best do it

perception look at everything that fits, dexterity to use more stuff at once , intelligence to deal effectively with his environment

mini capacity i found a  expansion slot i could use to add more tons to my mech get 5% bonus
small capacity i found a  expansion slot i could use to add more tons to my mech get 10% bonus
medium capacity i found a  expansion slot i could use to add more tons to my mech get 15% bonus
large capacity i found a  expansion slot i could use to add more tons to my mech get 20% bonus
extra large capacity i found a  expansion slot i could use to add more tons to my mech get 25% bonus

also for pilots are you going to give some stats starting at lvl 1

or the mech pilot could make a expansion slot
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 12:20:51 AM by futatol »

adamsky

• Administrator
  • Nova
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2012, 01:42:08 PM »

also for pilots are you going to give some stats starting at lvl 1
Yes, most propably new pilots will have enough stats to train at least 1 or 2 basic skill.

If not, first few levels will be much easier to get so you can train first skills very soon.

Tyrranus

• Wolverine
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2012, 04:59:58 PM »

been close to a year since the original post on pilots came up.... any word/eta?

also

adamsky

• Administrator
  • Nova
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2012, 07:16:23 PM »

I'm always cautious with giving eta when I'm 10 months late with something. :)

Early design and first version of parameters is ready, I will make a short forum version tommorow so you can check it and give your opinion.

techman383

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2012, 12:39:45 PM »

Now we play....

Echelon

• Puma
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2012, 02:03:11 AM »

Dead feature... it seems...

Ganymede

• Vulture
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2012, 03:09:23 AM »

sadface  :'(

Tyrranus

• Wolverine
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2013, 05:42:02 PM »

closing in on 2 years since initial post :/ still nothing

Dobq

• Wolverine
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2013, 08:11:05 PM »

[PL]

eh... to już będzie WoT tylko zamiast jednym dowodzisz kilkoma (lub setkami) czołgów, poza tym straci to sens mieć doświadczony mech, ludzie będą się śmiali, gdyby wprowadzić to można by posłać raptor z pilotem do NPC 10000-16000, raptor zostanie zniszczony, pilot wróci, potem znów posłany z raptorem, i tak będzie dostawał xp więc trzeba przyznać, po tym kontem pomysł wygląda trochę słabo, widzę tu nawiązanie do większości RPG, 'spokojnie tylko sobie dedne'

czy nie lepszy ten piękny surowy mech?

:-\

Chairman

• Raptor
  • Humanitas vero est superior
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2016, 08:54:14 PM »

So any news?

Also what is happening to the Development team?

Dobq

• Wolverine
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2016, 10:12:49 PM »

More than 4 years after initial post, I learnt how to english lanuage, and this game dev is dead for long time, don't worry.

Chairman

• Raptor
  • Humanitas vero est superior
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2018, 04:19:57 AM »

So... will the new development team revive this?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5