MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Mech Hero Fanfiction  (Read 8198 times)

RumiaC

• Raptor
Mech Hero Fanfiction
« on: September 22, 2011, 05:15:47 AM »

Just wanted to ask a few questions. I'm kinda working on a story based on this game and wanted to know a few things, if you thought them up anyway.

1. What lead to the barren wasteland that is Earth now? Nuclear War? Multiple volcanic eruptions? Aliens?

2: Are there actually people in the cities? Would it be that far fetched to think that they could travel out in special gear or in Transport units? Or even pilot the mechs?

3. What lead to the invention of the mech? Studying old world tech and new tech made by need? How big are the power cells and how are they powered?

I'd appreciate it if someone could answer these, trying to make the story seem more realistic.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 01:57:45 AM by RumiaC »

Gray Death

• Nova
  • We, who are about to die, salute you!
    • Cursed Legion
Re: Mech Hero Backstory
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 05:58:48 AM »

At LAST!!! Mech Hero Fan Fiction! I've been waiting for this since the Beta Round! I don't have the answers for you, but let me know if you need someone to proofread your story, Rumia. I'll help any way I can.

adamsky

• Administrator
  • Nova
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 04:02:23 PM »

1. Unexplained. The only thing we know is that planet is dying and we should find a way to leave it. It's no longer safe.

2. There are people, but there is very few of them. They don't risk their lives - Mechs are run by AI. Humans are in control, but cities are highly automated.

3. Mechs is an old technology that works very good in this devastated world. Since it works very good, we are trying to develop more powerfull Mechs.
I never thought about the size of a single power cell. 30cm? What do you think?

When we started to work on Mech Hero, we created only basic description of Mech Hero world. We had one guy in MH-team who was supposed to create the whole backgroud story, but unfortunately he had to quit from the team. If anyone wants to create more detailed description of Mech Hero world, we are open for such project.

RumiaC

• Raptor
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 04:18:18 PM »

1. Unexplained. The only thing we know is that planet is dying and we should find a way to leave it. It's no longer safe.

2. There are people, but there is very few of them. They don't risk their lives - Mechs are run by AI. Humans are in control, but cities are highly automated.

3. Mechs is an old technology that works very good in this devastated world. Since it works very good, we are trying to develop more powerfull Mechs.
I never thought about the size of a single power cell. 30cm? What do you think?

When we started to work on Mech Hero, we created only basic description of Mech Hero world. We had one guy in MH-team who was supposed to create the whole backgroud story, but unfortunately he had to quit from the team. If anyone wants to create more detailed description of Mech Hero world, we are open for such project.
Well in the story I'm writing, things have been changed around a bit for dramatic effect, such as  the cause of the barren wasteland that is ear was because of an all out nuclear war.

Some Mechs have human pilots, which adds a bit to the drama as you can't really feel connected to a machine the way you can with another human.
The cities are protected from the toxic atmosphere by giant filters, I didn't really go into detail because I'm unsure how, and the main characters in the story can travel out through Transport units.

I guess I can post it around to read, it's based on actual events in the game that my alliance is going through, that's only if I can get permission though.

RumiaC

• Raptor
Re: Mech Hero Fanfiction
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 12:56:54 AM »

Sorry to double post, but I got permission to post the first chapter.

Read it here

Feedback and ideas would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 01:58:18 AM by RumiaC »

RumiaC

• Raptor
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 12:48:14 AM »

Here's Chapter 2, enjoy.

Read it here~

Gray Death

• Nova
    • Cursed Legion
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 03:24:57 AM »

Permission to Sticky this, Adamsky or Pankleks?

adamsky

• Administrator
  • Nova
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 10:15:24 AM »

absolutely yes

RumiaC

• Raptor
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 05:18:07 PM »

Stickied? Oh awesome, even though I know this story is utter crap that makes me feel all warm inside.

Here's Chapter three, comments and/or ideas are welcome.

Enjoy it here~

RumiaC

• Raptor
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 04:08:03 AM »

Wow... an utter lack of comments, really makes me feel welcome.
I'd post chapter four, but I'm unsure if people like this, or I'm just wasting my time by posting them here.

Gray Death

• Nova
    • Cursed Legion
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 05:10:15 AM »

Eagerly awaiting number four, actually. lol Just been in and out too much to post any real feedback, so I kept my mouth shut.

RumiaC

• Raptor
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 09:44:06 PM »

Well then may I present, Chapter 4.

Read it here~

Gray Death

• Nova
    • Cursed Legion
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2011, 12:42:09 AM »

Thank you!!!

Neo

• translations_ro
  • Nemesis
  • Kill'em with FIRE!
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2011, 01:56:53 AM »

Nice writing, Rum.
Here's a tought...we could make a discussion board where we share MH history since beta, with the added details and artistic touches, of course :)...in the end we just put them together...the outcome could be a best-selling SF novel  ;D

Gray Death

• Nova
    • Cursed Legion
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2011, 02:35:58 AM »

Oh God... A board just for people like me to ruminate about MH history.... I'd never leave.

+1, Neo.

And with Rumia's writing abilities... I foresee a new Sci-Fi empire being born. Yes, I hereby give Rumia the right to use anything I say about MH in the writings. All I ask is a footnote. ;)
Pages: [1] 2