MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should vacation mode be implemented?

Yes, focusing on short periods - bussy day at work, or weekend hangover;)
Yes, but focusing on longer periods - I'm leaving for 2 weeks of vacations
No, it's not required - as you have sitters. It might be abused

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Vacation mode  (Read 10176 times)

pankleks

• Administrator
  • Nova
Vacation mode
« on: June 15, 2011, 11:36:58 AM »

We are evaluating feature of in-game Vacation mode.

How would it work?

- Every month player is given 5 vacation days
- You can't go to vacation mode for shorter period than 1 day
- You can go to vacation mode max 3 times every month
- You can break vacation mode at any time - however unused days are lost
- Unused vacation days are lost

If you are in vacation mode:
1. no one can attack or scan you
2. you can't attack (players, NPC, portals), scan or collect debris
3. all other functions process normally - so your resources are produced (can exceed capacity), your cells are used (your units may die from starving) etc ...

In addition:
- vacation mode is disabled after starting end-game scenario.
- if your city is under attack (or scan) and you switch to vacation mode - these attacks will proceed normally. (in other words vacation mode is checked at the moment of sending mission)
- when player wish to send any aggressive mission against you - he will see when your vacation mode ends

PLEASE - keep in mind, this is only feature evaluation - does not mean it's going to be implemented like that or at all.

We are looking for your feedback ...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 11:52:46 AM by pankleks »

Tyrranus

• Wolverine
Re: Vacation mode
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 03:47:38 PM »

Well thought out, I like. 1 question, will you be able to stock up on vacation days from month to month or will they reset monthly? (I would recommend monthly reset)

Wolfy

• Vulture
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 05:58:26 PM »

just take out no.3 and its fine, ie. freeze cell loss
And I would make it vacation no shorter than 2 days.

Gray Death

• Nova
  • We, who are about to die, salute you!
    • Cursed Legion
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 06:34:36 PM »

Ya. Going into Vacation mode should essentially stop time within your cities. Also, there would need to be a new indicator for it in the Planetary Council list. That way people who go on vacation don't get kicked for inactivity.

fedaykin

• translations_ro
  • Puma
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 07:15:16 PM »

good ideas wolfy and gray

all should freeze, production, mines, market offers, is like putting the account on hold

kowal112

• Raptor
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 07:33:29 PM »

I don't agree It should be like write Pan Kleks. If you want to have big army with big cell minus it is your problem if you want to vacation recycle units it is simple, for normal players it is no problem...

Gray Death

• Nova
  • We, who are about to die, salute you!
    • Cursed Legion
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 08:23:23 PM »

If you have positive cell production after 500 points or so, you aren't trying hard enough. ;)

Cursed

• Wolverine
  • Thats right.. trucknutz on my bionics!
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 09:14:26 PM »

I don't agree It should be like write Pan Kleks. If you want to have big army with big cell minus it is your problem if you want to vacation recycle units it is simple, for normal players it is no problem...

I would argue the people spending the most money are the bigger players. Hardly the ones you want to say FU to. This option should be good for everyone, not just the simmers who need it the least.

kowal112

• Raptor
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 09:23:06 PM »

You can be big and have army without minus production. I was playing that from beginning to the last week... You CAN win every battle without 100 novas if you have strategy it is hard way but possible so I don't change my mind and still agree with Kleks;)

Cursed

• Wolverine
  • Thats right.. trucknutz on my bionics!
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 03:01:46 AM »

You can be big and have army without minus production. I was playing that from beginning to the last week... You CAN win every battle without 100 novas if you have strategy it is hard way but possible so I don't change my mind and still agree with Kleks;)

I am not sure I would describe you as a big player.

kowal112

• Raptor
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 08:15:56 AM »

you think "big player" mean: have a lot of novas, attacking a lot of npc and destroy other players cause they have small army and are weak. chickens said "we don't want be part of novas war" and they have right it is no fun from that game like play you and your guys...

But it should be in another topic so if you want to talk about this lets find good topic ;)

Wolfy

• Vulture
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 07:45:09 PM »

I would argue the people spending the most money are the bigger players. Hardly the ones you want to say FU to. This option should be good for everyone, not just the simmers who need it the least.

In the end this is the most valid point, you want to please the players that are spending credits, infact why dont you send out a survey, in game? that cant be to hard and then you get the ideas of the players playing.

x3tc

• Raptor
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 10:43:32 PM »

you think "big player" mean: have a lot of novas, attacking a lot of npc and destroy other players cause they have small army and are weak. chickens said "we don't want be part of novas war" and they have right it is no fun from that game like play you and your guys...

But it should be in another topic so if you want to talk about this lets find good topic ;)

last chikken i encountered in this game was under my boot  ;D sorry but had to throw that in.

I think the freeze everything mode would be good but as a proper vacation mode. This game will probably last 6 months or so each time, give each player 1 two week maximum vacation period where everything in
thier account is frozen until they log in and actively cancel the mode (unique password required) thier sitters can look but not a lot else.

Sitters are useful for day to day management if like me you dont always have internet access in work but I'm going on holidays myself in a little while and having my account frozen for the week would be great. I wont have to take the laptop and search for a connection all the time just to make sure my sitters are doing thier job (nothing against my sitters but rts always gets under your skin).

In my opinion whatever method you use would have to use cell usage freeze or it would be of no use to anyone with a proper army, if we could all run our armies from our cell production we wouldnt really need sitters in the first place.

Cthulhu

• Wolverine
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 11:58:51 PM »

Freezing accounts only helps one type of player.

This idea, or sitters. Not both.
Don't like my novels, or my opinion? Who are you again?

Echelon

• Puma
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011, 12:03:15 AM »

Freezing accounts only helps one type of player.

Yeah, right!

Freezing account is the logical solution, otherwise vacation mode is simply useless (unless you're a Bunker Hero player without mechs).
Pages: [1] 2