Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which one is better?

New layout is a way to go, but needs improvement
The old layout is better, but it needs improvement

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New units list (experimental)  (Read 10309 times)

bofh999

• Athlas
Re: New units list (experimental)
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 03:20:37 AM »

i know you will hate me for that but somehow i liked it first 3 sec now i dont

dont get me wrong i know that one was a lot work (make in css those half rounded corners sucks :)
nice js but very inefficent

also those big graphics getting a bit disturbing even with a few units

why not make a smaler symbol to identify which mech (btw spider and novas are almost the same)
and fill the box with info above plus weapons like you got in in the battlesime - few symbols with abount in
since theres a max of 9 weapon slots its easier to reserve spave for it
and really graphics are too big

the grouping i would to have some lines between the groups like (for example mech chassis)

Nova
-----------------------
Symbol row
Symbol row
Symbol row

Spider
------------------------
Symbol row
Symbol row
Symbol row

also maybe little smaller so we may get one mor box each row
but maybe not but really the images of the mechs kill my eyes

maybe box first row type rank
second row energy/load/etc
Next row weapons
NExt Row Status (repairing)
Next row Template names
or somehting like that

ok its better to see the wepons by mouseover than always click on it but still lost efficency

my 1.5 cents

pankleks

• Nova
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2011, 07:35:56 PM »

that's valid observation - thanks - we will try to work on that and present next version soon

RemboL

• Vulture
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 07:27:49 AM »

I like the new mech list, but:

* I agree that icons are too big, they can easily be almost twice smaller - everything would still be readable and you will be able to see big armies clearer - eventually it (scale of icons) could depend on size of army (small army - bigger icons, big army - smaller icons)
 * how about separating active units from those being serviced, so I can better see which units I can send out right now
 * while it looks great it looses one of my preferred functionalities - since they're no longer simple links I can't middle-click on them to open in another tab.

Sturm

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 08:45:51 AM »

I agree with decreasing the size of the mech graphic. Also, maybe give each mech chassis a unique coloration, or allow players to choose the coloration themselves as well.

lankyfool2

• Puma
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2012, 05:19:16 AM »

All good points i like :D

Fichom

• Athlas
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2012, 10:16:04 PM »

i love the "Experimental" thing... only few things i would like to change:

First is group mech belongs to.. it is simple, just make it 1-3 fonts smaller, just under the name of mech(so first row "Mech name" and under it "Group name").

next is, the "setup" button in top right corner: remove it! it is not needed, that is what double click is for... and in place of setup button, put the rank of mech in top right corner

make mech level more visible( a bit larger)... i know this will be removed with pilots, but for the time being...

also, in the mech setup, there is "Shields defense" icon, but i would love to see separated "ballistic shield" and "energy shield" if possible

as i said in some other discussion, why curved bubbles? make it sharp!!-really unimportant detail, but damn it catches my eye

that is it from me...

edit: the bottom where it shows weapons/behaving template, make it so when you click, it opens up the window with available templates, instead of setup screen ^^

oh and add possibility to color mechs chasis in another color(i just wanna see black ST with orange details :D )
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 10:42:04 PM by Fichom »

milybrown47

• Raptor
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2013, 04:56:59 PM »

I think you should add one more option: old one with tool record included to each Mech and collection choices.

Enneagon

• SpiderTank
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2014, 09:12:39 PM »

One addition I would like to see right off the bat though is something underneath the unit name in the card, name of group unit has been assigned to.
First is group mech belongs to.. it is simple, just make it 1-3 fonts smaller, just under the name of mech(so first row "Mech name" and under it "Group name").
LOL, can't believe it is in the very first comment on the new design... And then again... And I was about to start new topic about :/

Seriously, add the name of group mech belongs to the mech card, please :)
Pages: 1 [2]