MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Brainstorming Suggestions Here!  (Read 32272 times)

Sydin

• Puma
Re: Brainstorming Suggestions Here!
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2011, 09:53:10 PM »

I don't think any sort of nuke would be fun.  Super damage rockets don't help strategy at all.  They just allow one army to decimate another by spending lots of resources.  Is it fun if someone sends a nova to your base and destroys 6 or more STs on the first turn, before they even move?

Gray Death

• Nova
  • We, who are about to die, salute you!
    • Cursed Legion
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2011, 11:02:53 PM »

What about charges set to go off when the mech is destroyed? Or a simple percentile chance that any destroyed mech's "reactor core" could explode doing indiscriminate splash damage?

Sydin

• Puma
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2011, 11:13:50 PM »

What about charges set to go off when the mech is destroyed? Or a simple percentile chance that any destroyed mech's "reactor core" could explode doing indiscriminate splash damage?

I think this would be better.  It would have to be carefully balanced though, as a bomb mech with a jet pack could be very difficult to counter.

Gray Death

• Nova
    • Cursed Legion
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2011, 01:08:19 AM »

But they would be sending out INDISCRIMINATE splash damage. That makes it damaging to friendly AND enemy units. :)
A further thought.  Make "Bombed" mechs non-recoverable.

Galaxus

• Raptor
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2011, 01:41:44 AM »

It would be normal to be unrecoverable since you destroy it and the fact that it should damage friendly units would be a good side effect preventing its overuse. But still it would be better to have limits like only 10 bombs at a time for a player. And i still support that the damage should be proportional with the hull strength of the mech carrying the bomb
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 01:43:19 AM by Galaxus »

Gray Death

• Nova
    • Cursed Legion
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2011, 02:10:35 AM »

And i still support that the damage should be proportional with the hull strength of the mech carrying the bomb

I agree. Especially if they go with the idea of making it a simple percentile chance that the mech's "reactor Core" goes critical. lol Unless you think that the power supply of a Raptor can run a Nova...

Galaxus

• Raptor
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2011, 10:40:38 AM »

And i still support that the damage should be proportional with the hull strength of the mech carrying the bomb

I agree. Especially if they go with the idea of making it a simple percentile chance that the mech's "reactor Core" goes critical. lol Unless you think that the power supply of a Raptor can run a Nova...

That would be to much, but i would see a raptor killing a st, and heavy damage on wolverines.

Gray Death

• Nova
    • Cursed Legion
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2011, 02:31:13 PM »

Exactly. That's why the "Reactor Breach" needs to be scaled on the mech's chassis type. Maybe base it off of cell consumption for the sake of realism. (The mech's "Reactor Core" being what actually consumes the energy cells to drive it's movement/weapons.)

Sydin

• Puma
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2011, 06:06:28 PM »

But they would be sending out INDISCRIMINATE splash damage. That makes it damaging to friendly AND enemy units. :)

I like this.  3 jumpers with bombs set to "stick to target" would be devastating.  Attack one and it causes a chain that detonates all 3 bombs.

A further thought.  Make "Bombed" mechs non-recoverable.

Not a big deal.  Bomber mechs would be disposable anyway.  I certainly wouldn't send a level 10 mech in with a bomb on it.  I would be sending a brand new mech, and wouldn't recover it anyway since recovery is more expensive than building new.

The more I think about it, the more I don't like the random chance of a mech exploding.  It will encourage sniper armies even more since a sniper wouldn't take random explosion damage and a close combat mech would.  I think close combat mechs take enough damage as it is.  It would also be a frustrating mechanic since you can't program your mechs very well to spread out in order to avoid it.

futatol

• Wolverine
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2011, 08:42:05 AM »

no pgl earlier on at npcs170-250 cell ones

pelthalas

• Raptor
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2011, 10:21:43 PM »

I am new to the forums and not sure if these things have been suggested in other threads but...

Variable mech storage and systems.  Rather than having fixed capacity platforms for cargo, allow empty space to be converted to cargo space.  Higher tech levels in cargo capacity would increase the multiplier rather than adding a fixed amount of storage as it does now.  I would suggest the following ratios:

Level 1 - 1 weight = 2.5 space
Level 2 - 1 weight = 3.0 space
Level 3 - 1 weight = 3.5 space
Level 4 - 1 weight = 5 space
Level 5 - 1 weight = 6.25 space

Since these ratios are the same as those currently existing on the platforms, the costs and requirements for the technology could remain pretty much the same.  Mechs would need to be permanently fitted with the necessary systems at a suitable cost, and once so fitted would then always use spare weight units as cargo space.  If necessary there could be an upper limit to the amount of cargo a mech can carry, but I think it might be nice to see dedicated cargo mechs appearing that could then present a viable option for attacks (maybe a new AI order:  Attack mech with most Cargo Space?).

headdie

• Vulture
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2011, 11:58:07 AM »

I was thinking about being able to zoom the world map, per haps have a zoom level display as well.  my reasoning is that I am trying to aggressively harvest resources but there are non very close by so wanting to zoom out to quickly identify resources I can harvest instead of panning about.

edit

mad idea #2
being able to downgrade building, for example you have had a large proportion of your mechs wiped out you can downgrade your power plants a couple of levels to reclaim some resources and quickly rebuild a small proportion of your army, or you upgrade a storage facility too much by mistake and want to reclaim some the resources used.  I am thinking a return of 50-75% resources, perhaps not including power cells, possibly costing power cells?

edit2

mad idea #3
Dropships.  used to speed up transit to and/or from a location.
while not in use the dropships only use a tiny amount of power cells.  Using them has a fixed Takeoff and landing cost in power cells along with a per square travelled multiplied by the weight being moved cost in power cells.  This is to make them more efficient to use at longer ranges.

To prevent it from being overpowered:
- the dropships are limited in range and carrying capacity which can be upgraded.
- when they land every player that can detect that square receive a warning that "unidentified dropships have arrived at location ###, ###" though if the players are in the same alliance the dropships are identified.
- Dropships cant land directly in a city unless allied
- Mechs armed with missiles act as deterrents, the greater the range of the missile the further away the dropships have to land
- Cities can build "Air Defence Stations" which can be extended to a range greater than any mech can reach
-  10 minute loading and unloading time to make them undesirable to use at close range
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 12:49:52 PM by headdie »

Gray Death

• Nova
    • Cursed Legion
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2011, 04:15:01 PM »

The idea has been suggested and discussed over and over. I have yet to hear a straight yes or no answer.

mad idea #2
Just requires a higher level command center. It costs a bit, but it's good for when the techlab is used up.

mad idea #3
Has been suggested before. Devs thought it would break the game. But your modifications might just solve that.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 04:25:26 PM by Gray Death »

headdie

• Vulture
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2011, 11:02:57 AM »

I'm here again :D

I was just thinking about a notification in the battle report to tell you a mech has levelled up, perhaps just under where it gives you the exp change

Whermech

• Vulture
  • I have Fuzzy dice on my mechs rearview mirror
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2011, 02:15:09 AM »

Here is a idea since you have a credit system how about a cease-fire option ..totally buyable only with credits . Say cease-fire has been activated it costs 10 credits and lasts 3 days you cant send attacks or receive attacks till it is over with, and can be activated once a week only. This can allow players who have been ab'd to have a chance to rebuild as well as gather some resources. Or allow players to rebuild some kind of army to defend themselves. I think this will help some players who are getting crushed due to poor alliance support or survive and stay playing also these could help some players who win credits in tourneys who suck at pvp stay playing and not quit... just a idea ....

Warlord WherMech
Attacking:00:00:01
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8