MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Brainstorming Suggestions Here!  (Read 30649 times)

hatchet

• Raptor
Re: Brainstorming Suggestions Here!
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2011, 03:24:02 PM »

Can they make it visible if an npc city is already under attack by somebody? It wouldn't need to be specific about the time frame, just that it is currently already under attack. It is a real bummer when you spend 2-3 hrs attacking nothing b/c someone else was closer than you or already on the way when you sent. Either that or could you make the mechs march faster against NPC cities and leave them as slow as they already are against players? Thank you

Gunslinger

• Puma
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2011, 03:32:05 AM »

Watching S2 unfold, We see the typical sniper set-up unfold.

Two things I see that would force people to mix weapons.

1) Swap tech spots in the tree.  LRRs and RG1s swap, and IPCs and PLRs swap the tech requirements. Means players get the mid range weapons sooner.

Now, as is my belief with economics, the more expensive it is to acquire it, only those with the more wealth will have it. This means big players will have the advantageous sniper platforms (on the other hand, hopefully. other players will have teched up to Jetpacks, so they will cancel out.)

Hence this secondary option:

2) like Jetpacks and rockets, limit the amount mounted that can be used during a turn (except maybe NPCs? hhmm). i.e. a ST on average mount 9 LRRs with armor and shields. Maybe we can make to wear only a max of 4 could be used per turn?

Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many.

Anny

• Puma
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2011, 04:33:11 AM »

That is one way to look at it. But I still don't think it will force players to mix weapons. Or rather, it will not force the player that uses sniper tactics to mix weapons. Limiting max weapons per slot will also severely hinder bigger mechs, which I think is a bad thing. If I can only put 4 of something in a nova, I won't have enough slots to fill it as it is now.

There are only 2 ways I can think of off the top of my head to create better weapon mixing:

1. Add the 'keep min distance' as a standard behavior. You must upgrade to this as it stands now. Yes, this has been mentioned before.

2. Make the jetpack require chassis integration that reduces total capacity by a certain percentage, but no where near the weight requirements currently used in the equipment system.

In other words, you make a puma chassis. If you want jetpacks, you must select this option and integrate this capability. Before or after doesn't matter. Costs a bit more during construction, alot more after (You must have jetpack researched to integrate during chassis construction). It cannot be removed once done. I suggest a capacity reduction of 10%. This will give a normal jumpjet capable puma 81 capacity, athlas 198 capacity, and spidertank 243 capacity. You can have full normal capacity with jumpjet capability when you upgrade chassis capacity twice, for a total of 16 points.

This will, for example, give a puma jumpjet capability, and allow on RG1 with 3 LMG's and with either armor or shields (not both).

Edit: This idea will also have the added benefit (is it a benefit) that everyone will have to research jetpacks on their own if they want this capability. Unless you want to be able to sell a 'jetpack package' that can be purchased on the exchange and integrated into another players chassis on their own.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 04:38:53 AM by Anny »

Dominion

• Puma
  • I fling good poo
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2011, 07:31:10 AM »

To make the war more common, an end-game criteria should be the relative score of an alliance in respect to all others. I think that destroying cities' infrastructure and mechs lowers the player score and the alliance score overall, so there is room in the game mechanics for one alliance overcome another. If an alliance have more than 50% or 70% of the combined server score, something like an end-game clock should start.

BEST idea yet I have seen :)

Dominion

• Puma
  • I fling good poo
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2011, 07:32:06 AM »

Covert Ops
New building or addition to radar station. Lets you train Operatives to send out covert missions to your enemies to Gather additional info or blow up stuff. Chance of Success and damage done depends on difference in player size, with higher success rate on targets bigger than you, average on same size and low on a smaller target.
Possible ops would be:

Research Intel: shows research levels of the target city
    Production Intel: shows current production of target city
    Sabotage Production: increase production times
    Sabotage Construction: increase construction times
    Sabotage Mining: reduce resource income from mines
    Infiltrate Bunkers: destroy stuff usually protected by bunkers

Awesome as well !!!

warzel

• Raptor
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 11:11:22 AM »

i am sure this is being discussed else were and i am sorry if i am adding this to the wrong area.

I remember somewhere early on a discussion about the mechanics of the alliances being such as to prevent server blocking(where one alliance will win simply because they are too large to overcome).  It seems to me that many feal this has happened with the alliance I joined "The Watchmen". Do not get me wrong I appreciate everything they have done for me in fact the only reason I joined was because they were the first alliance to not only send me an invitation but also to open negotiations with me concerning my joining. Call me a whatever you like but I simply refuse to join an alliance without being given good reason.  Either way I must admit it does appear that this alliance is blocking the server.

I am sure that yes the mechanics of the game do prohibit general server blocking, and as I mentioned this alliance is well founded but it seems to me that our policy of only permitting active players, along with our planetary council requirements is what has caused this shift in power.  I hate suggest something that would cause any alliance to dissolve in some way especially one where we all try very hard to work together but perhaps a few more things need to be considered in alliance restrictions.

1. Limiting all alliances size based off of the average size of all alliances. IE, limit alliances to 110%-130% the average alliance infrastructure points total.   This idea sounds okay but I must also state that the largest problem I see is it may discourage wars between the larger alliances. "Why should we attack them, it will only freeze out our lowest players making us weaker?"

2. If this imbalance of power is created more out of active vs inactive players. I may suggest limiting the number of active players in any alliance to a percent of all currently active players.  The problem I see here is that it may just be too difficult to manage or make alliances too confusing for players.  Sure you track player activity but it just seems so difficult an idea to implement. What if an alliance obtains too many active players you freeze out the lowest active player? Well how would you ever build alliances up you have to be active to join an alliance in the first place, at least at first?

I wish I had more suggestions on this idea but sadly my foresight is somewhat limited.

RumiaC

• Raptor
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2011, 04:18:54 PM »

Um... recent new person here, and just had an idea, you know how Satellites protect from being scanned and stuff, why not have defensive satellite that can help in defense against attacks? Like Armed Satellites?

Sydin

• Puma
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2011, 07:35:53 PM »

Could the attackers shoot them down?  If not, that would be really frustrating for the attackers.  If so, then what is the point of making them instead of more mechs?  Others have proposed base turrets for defense, how would defense satellites be different?

futatol

• Wolverine
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2011, 09:47:01 PM »

for The Watchmen problem with block, i done posting Capital city city is one idea, another was Limiting alliance to 1 of the 4 quadrants and only people there could join,  but the problem with doing that is , tw alpha, beta, gamma, delta united, 

if tw only get high active people, all they need to do is get more united with or naps with other alliances that spend lot of the time playing like 12 to 16 hours each day, sitters can do cover the times the player is away

one more way, by limiting the infrastructure point for all alliances to 40k, so 1 alliance could more or less powerfully than another, 2 ppl min requirement those 2 players not have more than 20k infrastructure  each and not be dissolved. 4 people totaling 40k  infrastructure can not build anything, , now for 20 people  thats about 2k points each player which is about 2 or 3 city's each

40k is just ball park number but limiting everyone's infrastructure points or risk getting kicked, most likely not the nice way of being active, but forces players to choose what to build, or try to find a alliance he or she can grow in  or unlimited growth if your the only player in your alliance, just have to limit the number of united and war and naps with

"IE, limit alliances to 110%-130% the average alliance infrastructure points total". might be harder to do, than a flat cut off, at endgame can double that limit for moon citys and antimatter, and b4 getting to endgame getting abed could be good thing for your alliance.

i'm expecting alot ppl saying it's not going to happen alliance infrastructure points total.  just 1 way of not having a super alliance that could win too quickly, don't pm about this post i think everyone that read it needs to hear things out.

i would not even try a voting poll unless the admins thinks its more of a good idea than bad one, this would change everything, to try it out quickly everyone would start with 800 point city, mbbs research done and enough stuff to make new city, and like 6 pumas and some equipment, then working towards the points you want b4 endgame starts like 10 to 15weeks later

RumiaC

• Raptor
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2011, 10:02:10 PM »

Well for one, they could probably be shot down after defending mechs have been destroyed, what I was thinking was more like a Sat armed with rockets or low level weapons, move in to disrupt enemy targets then retreat. Can also mess with enemy targeting, like those that go after the closest target, or those with the lowest HP etc. They'd probably be available after or during the End-Game scenario as we start sending things into space. Um...

Galaxus

• Raptor
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2011, 12:53:39 AM »

I was thinking that would be good if you could have an option to use mechs in kamikaze attacks like having a self-destruct module , which you upgrade at the science academy, or to be able to build bombs of different sizes and different damage and when they close to the enemy to explode destroying the mech carrying them and damaging or destroying the enemies around it, the damage depends on the type of bomb used. Of course  this bombs would be quite expensive but the damage made will make it worth.
And the option to create a super-bomb/nuke available only in endgame scenario and equip-able only on novas.

Gray Death

• Nova
  • We, who are about to die, salute you!
    • Cursed Legion
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 01:34:39 AM »

But how would you defend against that "Nuke" on a nova?

RumiaC

• Raptor
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2011, 04:08:25 AM »

You can defend against nukes? What madness is this?
Okay but seriously, I don't think you could, but producing it would take a ton of resources, and maybe putting a 1 per player limit to keep things from going overboard, yeah?

futatol

• Wolverine
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2011, 07:00:30 PM »

RumiaC is a nuke on a nova

going to kill 200 raptors at once or how strong is going to be,

i think smaller players would want a mini nuke on pumas and or sts

like 1 mini nukes on 4 sts would take out 2 nova and surrounding raptors

all you need to do a endgame, every big player in a alliance send a nuke at portal,  at the same time = npc death

i kind of seeing if only novas get it, scares smaller players

i could not like a nova to kill 8 sts and 6 pumas at once by itself using the nuke, unless the smaller players can get the mini nuke

maybe a mini nuke cap on st would be 10 pumas 20 just my 2 cents

Galaxus

• Raptor
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2011, 08:27:12 PM »

RumiaC is a nuke on a nova

going to kill 200 raptors at once or how strong is going to be,

i think smaller players would want a mini nuke on pumas and or sts

like 1 mini nukes on 4 sts would take out 2 nova and surrounding raptors

all you need to do a endgame, every big player in a alliance send a nuke at portal,  at the same time = npc death

i kind of seeing if only novas get it, scares smaller players

i could not like a nova to kill 8 sts and 6 pumas at once by itself using the nuke, unless the smaller players can get the mini nuke

maybe a mini nuke cap on st would be 10 pumas 20 just my 2 cents

Like i said the game would allow the production of more types of bombs some with big damage others with small damage and the nuke would be the  ultimate bomb and it would be limited.

Or the bombs damage could be made proportional  to the mech hull strength, the damage could be something like:
the bombs on raptor, vulture and puma cause 4 times their hull strength
the bombs on wolverine, spider tank, nemesis, bionic cause 2.5-3 times their hull strength
the bombs on nova cause 2 times their hull strength

And the number of bombs a player can create/use at a time would be limited.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8