MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: best spider setup  (Read 4598 times)

baracy

• Raptor
    • Email
best spider setup
« on: November 26, 2010, 04:32:28 AM »

help plz!
long range and defensive behavior

Crackedcanadian

• Wolverine
    • Email
Re: best spider setup
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 06:09:59 AM »

what exactly are you asking for?

( i hope i say this nicely)

If your are content to let some one else decide how your mechs are armed, or are looking for an easy way out. You will not last long.

there are major changes and differences between beta and this release, alot of the old combos aren't as good. your best bet would be to experiment with what you have.

i can give you basic info about the way amr and weapons work, the best ones you will have to figure out by yourself or with your alliance.

According to what i have seen in beta:
 Ballistics are long range, energy are short range, Rockets are one time use but powerful, Armor protects against Ballistics, Shields are for energy and (this is the important part) there is really no best combo each weapon has a weakness to exploit. Use the battle sim that is what its there for.

if you want more in depth information look at the guide or send me a message.

adamsky

• Nova
    • Email
Re: best spider setup
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 09:50:44 AM »

I'm not sure if ST is best solution for defensive purposes...

In defense I'd rather build a Wolverine. Consumes less cells, has much bigger hull (you don't have to worry about additional shields) and similar capacity to ST. In beta I was often using Wolv + 5 x Mortar as defensive unit. It destroys Puma or Vulture with one shot.