MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Mech Hero Mercenaries  (Read 44495 times)

Rodvil

• SpiderTank
Mech Hero Mercenaries
« on: June 09, 2010, 12:12:03 AM »

Hello! I'm kind of bored in my little corner of the world, so I had this idea.

I offer myself as a mercenary to anyone who needs some extra mech power!

So, if you are the little guy tired of being farmed by that neighbour bully of yours, just call me!
Or you are the guy that is going into war and need an extra hand to make things go your way, just call me!
Or you want revenge from the guy that stole your girlfriend, just call me!

I have really low prices... trust me!

Just send me a message in-game and I will see how I can help your cause.

Rodvil
(the first Mech Hero mercenary!!!) :P
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 02:21:55 AM by AndyMadas »

Mukluk

• Raptor
Re: The first Mech Hero Mercenary, call me!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 04:03:21 AM »

Too funny...

Whatever they pay you - I'll pay you double!!!   LOL

Hmmm,  there's this one guy who's been a pain:  ITZ Go One   How much to harass him???

All the best in your new business venture!

sponge

• Nemesis
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 10:57:05 AM »

lol excellent idea ;D
i see there being a few more merceneries popping up over the next few weeks

Rodvil

• SpiderTank
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 11:55:55 PM »

Hello, mr Mukluk

As my first employer I will give you a very friendly discount!
But a public forum is not the right place to talk business.
Just personal mail me in-game and I will help your headache disappear... ;)
(my nick is the same as here)

Mukluk

• Raptor
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 03:47:29 AM »

Hello, mr Mukluk

As my first employer I will give you a very friendly discount!
But a public forum is not the right place to talk business.
Just personal mail me in-game and I will help your headache disappear... ;)
(my nick is the same as here)

LOL - The gentleman I was referring to is actually a team-mate.  I hoping for an entertaining reaction, but obviously he is delinquent in reading the forums lately.  However there may be a small matter ...

Zopyros

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 04:11:02 AM »

Can you be a mercenary when you are in a faction?

By definition, you cannot. You risk your faction ties being destroyed, or your allies. Be my guest to try though.

I have no ties that bind.

Rodvil

• SpiderTank
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 11:15:08 PM »

Well, I guess I can't take all the contracts. At least not the ones that mess up with my alliances treaties.
Latter on there can be a Merc alliance... that could be fun.

But for now I don't have to hurry so much... no one wants my services! :(

Ok, I will do a 1st gig special sale. My first employer will be free of charge! That should do it... :)
(just don't go and ask me to smash the top sharks in the game!)

Rodvil

• SpiderTank
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 03:53:21 AM »

I'm just amazed that no one uses my services... even for free!
I guess this is an extremely peaceful world... :P

DonJean

• Wolverine
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 04:57:56 AM »

Distance is an issue. Plus if you attack a someone I would need to know so we can co ordinate or I don't really get a benefit from it.

Just a couple of things I see might be hindering your sales pitch :)

Rodvil

• SpiderTank
Re: Mech Hero Mercenaries
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2010, 05:57:02 PM »

Yes, I guess distance is the big issue here. I'm really in the end of the world, where the wind turns back, way beyond where the sun sets!
I also had to turn down one job due to my alliance's political positions.

I'm thinking about going freelance or even starting a Mercenary Alliance!

Anyone would like to join the mechs for hire career path?? :P

(I'm so bored that I set a couple of goals of completely killing a couple of players "near" me!)

Zopyros

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2010, 08:18:52 PM »

Next round (on reset), if you would like to do this, I would be willing to join the merc club.

Personally, I do not like alliances. But I figured alliance members could help to secure portals (whenever they show up). It would be quite impossible to win this game without support from other players. Every game I play, I try to go solo, and win. Most of the time, it is very hard to do.

If there was even a possibility of winning solo, I would try it. I know without having seen the end-game yet that the game is designed so the 'mercenary' cannot win the war, even if they win every battle. But it would sure be fun. :)

This time, I compromised on the solo thing to help many factions come together to face a common enemy, which also happened to be my enemy.  It has worked, and continues to work. The enemy will learn that he who laughs last laughs best.

Further, the mercs would not have an actual alliance as per the game. Every 'mercenary' would be on their own. Otherwise, it is still an alliance. We would have to set up lines of communication to work with other mercs. E-mail? or set up an IRC channel?

PM me. We will talk. Anyone else that would like to go the solo/merc route can also PM me, or Rodvil. It is easy enough to survive and kick-ass solo, but you must realize we cannot win the game. Personally, I do not care if I win the game, I just want to kick ass.

Stu H

• Wolverine
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 02:19:51 AM »

you could always go solo for 4 months, then offer yourself to the highest bidder for the end game!!

Humm, thats sounds like fun, I may be in touch :-)

Rodvil

• SpiderTank
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 04:38:14 AM »

I still don't have a clear picture on how this could work in a profitable way, but I'm sure it would make the game much more fun!
Having a target, preparing a strategy to take him down and going for it sounds like great fun to me.

I think the alliance could work well, ether by supporting fellow individual mercs (sending weapons, mech support, intel....), doing big "jobs" with multiple attacks, or simply by covering a bigger part of the world. If a target is too far away from me there will be a closer merc that can take care of it.

But it will have to be a no peace alliance: no friendly alliances, no non-aggression pacts!
It is only business, don't take it wrong! By the way... if someone wants revenge, they don't need to attack us... they can hire us to strike back at the first employer! :P:P

Anyway... like I told you, I still don't have a very clear picture, but I think we can start it and see how it goes.
If we can get 4 players willing to start it, I think we can go right away!
So far I got 1 interested merc... 2 more and we will be the lucky 4 that can set the mercenary rules of MechHero!

2 more Mercs??
(message me in game)

adamsky

• Administrator
  • Nova
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 09:51:06 AM »

As long as you don't plan to kill alliance cooperation, count me in. :)

Zopyros

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 03:34:45 PM »

I still don't have a clear picture on how this could work in a profitable way, but I'm sure it would make the game much more fun!.....
The fun is the profit, among other things. :) If we set up right, and grow fast enough, there will be profit, don't worry.

As long as you don't plan to kill alliance cooperation, count me in. :)
I do not understand how a few mercs could do that. What happens in an alliance is their business. What is the difference if a group of mercs destroys an alliance, or another alliance does? What is the difference if a merc causes an alliance to think twice, or another alliance does?

Explain to us how a group of individual mercs will cause any more havoc in the game than any alliance players. The only difference is, we mercs can attack, or defend anyone without the usual binding consequences an alliance has. You cannot be booted from a place you never were. ;p
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5