MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Limit of attacks on player per 24h  (Read 440 times)

Robert-MH

• Athlas
Limit of attacks on player per 24h
« on: June 18, 2019, 08:59:50 AM »

I got inquires about current configuration to limit max number of attacks per player within 24 hours. I investigated that part of code and currently is limit of max 5 attacks on particular city by particular player. So:
1) One player may attack many other player cities (but no more that 5 attacks on one city)
2) One city may be attacked by multiple players (no more 5 attacks by one player)

I got feedback this this was changed some time ago by adamsky to limits attacks on a player, not a city. Even if this was changed this is not represented in game code we acquired.

I am curious your feedback.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 09:03:50 AM by Robert-MH »

oWo

• Raptor
Re: Limit of attacks on player per 24h
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 01:00:51 PM »

Why I’m not surprised that hussars are always complaining about something that doesn't suit them ?
Things have been like that for the last 8/9 years (since I remember) that you can make five attacks on player's CITY (and not player) in 24 hours and now that they are losing they want you to change it because they are delusional and convinced for 100% that they are right that the restriction should be for player. I’m glad you have benefit of the doubt and didn’t change anything, I really appreciate that.

This whole situation is so ridiculous for me and when I heard about this for the first time from Joey I couldn't believe that hussars might go as low as trying to persuade you to change the core rule of the game because they assert that. I wonder why they didn't think about this when they were making over 30 attacks on the enemy before? (3/4 players targeting one enemy) They talk how it should be but can they substantiate it ? Even you said that this change is nowhere document so can you elucidate how it's possible ? so far their statements are so weak.

In my opinion there are three situations:
1.The current situation where each city can be attacked five times by each player (it has been working very well so far until someone started complaining about that).
2.Situation where each player can be attacked five times by other players however it would be extremely easy for anyone to exploit that.
3.One player can attack five times another player however it’s also very bad idea as it would destroy overall game play, by putting more and more restrictions on players the game gets boring, (question from me; why are there restrictions at all in number of attacks ?) however iff there would be no attack restriction during war then yes, this change would be beneficial for everyone, otherwise only big player will benefit and small players will be doomed.

PS. For my and friends this whole situation where you react for every complain of hussars is frankly saying very funny and we call this Kindergarten

PSS. In my opinion this is total BS and empty assertion from hussar’s side and would be only advantageous for them short period of time and would backfire in the future as they only think about now.

Thank you,
oWo

Robert-MH

• Athlas
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 01:36:00 PM »

Thanks oWo for your feedback.

Keep in mind that my duty is to collect your feedback about game mechanics. You guys playing this game much longer than me. Calling this as kindergarten is .... a kindergarten :)

If there was other options tested in gameplay I want to know about them. I got such information that adamsky changed this, but I can't see that in game code.

pogidude

• Raptor
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 11:21:49 PM »

limiting attacks per city per day seems reasonable to me.

limiting attacks per player per day would makes things too boring on a game where you are practically allowed to have unlimited number of cities. this would mean that an alliance with only 1 high level VERY ACTIVE player would have a hard(er) time defeating an alliance with 4 high level MODERATELY ACTIVE players.

the game already has infra points difference protection to protect the player from being wiped to oblivion. of course, the last update to the infra points difference protection only makes it weak for this purpose.

Lech

• Vulture
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 11:41:30 PM »

OWO kim ty jesteś. Pierwszy raz widzę taki login. Jakbyś pierwszy raz grał. A tyle wiesz o husarii i tej grze.
Jesteś takie TO i OWO bez twarzy.

citizenX

• Vulture
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 08:46:33 AM »

I will stay on topic here.
I do not know any others restriction on number of attacks except the one about single attacker single city.
I can confirm that this restriction worked in current server.

About restrictions based on number of attacks per player
A) it can be easily manipulated. For example I attack my cities five times with raptors and I am invincible for next 24 hours. Ok you can exclude attacks from same player. Then I only need an ally. If you exclude that too I only need a friendly account with his own one person alliance, that can even declare war to my alliance and spend his day sending raptors to all my alliance members as soon as protections expire.
B) this restriction forbids what was until now a normal and very common play. For example sending one real attack and fake attacks to all other cities is a very common situation. Follow up attacks on that are really normal thing. If this restriction is applied then the defender can not be attacked after first wave.
If you count number of attacks at time of sending it becomes even worse.
It is so radical that practically, we are talking about a different game.

oWo

• Raptor
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2019, 09:46:13 AM »

That's exactly what I had in mind with my second point :)
"great minds think alike"

Webtechcoupons

• Raptor
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 12:15:47 PM »

It is good to update the website with the passage of time so that the users can find new stuff here about your Rs 99 hosting services. It is a great thing to do for the people use to come here and want to know about your products.