MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Perfect example of game issues  (Read 1315 times)

Taxman

Re: Perfect example of game issues
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2019, 11:59:15 AM »

My two cents:

1) I believe the debris should never be owned in this game.

Let's face it, the only reason why debris should be owned is to facilitate the 8x8 sector NPC spawn control. That is the core issue there. Back when I created the Maptools attachment I did consider it abuse bordering with cheating. Then, it quickly become prevalent strategy, what should prove on by it self how unfair it is. So, debris stealing is good thing, it is a little way to make top grinder life a bit more difficult.

Aside: I have used debris stealing multis. I used to wait for player spawn sector to move in the vicinity, or even generate dozens upon dozens of accounts to move the player spawn where I want. The way to make time spend on that alt profitable, the other task besides grid disturbance was KP and some other high-end items collecting, made possible by quick on-hover debris scanning (private advanced Maptools version). 5 to 8 extra KP a day made managing a couple of alt accounts profitable.

The best defense against small debris stealing is to leave humongous debris piles. Back in the day bofh999 configured his debris piles first to 100 harvesters worth, then to 200. With the field method, you do not really care about resources as such; the storages are constantly overflowing anyway. He STILL had holes punched once now and then by long range Hussaria harvester missions, but the purpose created staling alt near by was mostly just nuisance.

2) IR restrictions was in my opinion a misguided reaction to the dwindling player base. The scalping and player farming is dumb, but there always be players who enjoy it, for the meanness itself, if nothing else (because I believe there are generally better ways to utilize mech time, with few rare exceptions. I fully support better defenses instead.

For the complex approach I am thinking about two ideas provided by players:
1) New active scan report - show me all harvest missions to my city cell fields (all harvest details) from last x hours (24 or 12)
2) When you have patrol mission all harvesting missions out of you alliance - has chance to be attacked. Idea is cool, but a lot of questions about details (what probabilities (encounter, harvester hit), what loses, calculated separately by patrolling mech or mission, etc.

Somewhere around there is my idea about a thingy called Spy Drone or some such. The idea basically is that you can send a scan mission to a map location, basically any location, and it will hover over it for some given time and send you back the next report generated by that location if any incoming mission happened in that time at all. I proposed a new type of unit for that because I felt that it must be much more restricted than simple satellites are.

So a Spy Drone would require very high tech level, be extremely, and mean EXTREMELY expensive to build and maintain, and the thing is single use for a few hours worth of observation, perhaps only one per city can ever be sent out at any given time, and the mission radius is a fraction of the scan range. But for that you can send it to a city of any player and see full report of the first attack on that city, or you can send it to a NPC and see who attack that NPC and with what, or you can send it to debris pile and see who harvests it, or you can even send it to an empty place, because why not, and it may spawn debris or NPC or even a city in theory, and if an incoming mission happens before the drone expire, you will get the report. One report per drone.

I have logged in the spy accounts in different alliances and gone trough hundreds of reports (by direct addressing, what lets see all harvesting reports too, btw) just to do basically this little thing. Allowing a game mechanics that provide similar functionality eliminate a huge list of reasons to maintain a spy alt (but by far not all, of course, lol).
Hi Enneagon,
I guess from the above statement you are stating that macro's have been used by some players of the game for some time? As I understand things Robert is looking at incorporating some in game macro's that could make the game less tedious to play. Part of the issue with Multi accounts  is it screws the perception of true active players playing the game and makes it difficult for the developers to make informed assessments on how to improve the game. I am in favour of the production of spy bots and other new types of counter intelligence measures, along with the ability to take over a city without a shot being fired, Saboteur bots, that sort of thing. All would lead to some intriguing new strategies.  Nice to see you are still around.

Enneagon

• SpiderTank
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2019, 09:21:26 PM »

Hi Enneagon,
I guess from the above statement you are stating that macro's have been used by some players of the game for some time? As I understand things Robert is looking at incorporating some in game macro's that could make the game less tedious to play. Part of the issue with Multi accounts  is it screws the perception of true active players playing the game and makes it difficult for the developers to make informed assessments on how to improve the game. I am in favour of the production of spy bots and other new types of counter intelligence measures, along with the ability to take over a city without a shot being fired, Saboteur bots, that sort of thing. All would lead to some intriguing new strategies.  Nice to see you are still around.

Depends on definitions. Full blown true automation as in independently running scrips, NO, in my knowledge that wasn't there back in my time. Advanced browser commands, as in messing with console occasionally (as in printing out antimatter sites on a moon as a list) and shortcuts for common operations was known for quite a time, and on my last server we (Last Frog Union) used some extension enabled additional functions (as in "Harvest all -x loads" button and quick debris scan on hover) along with game engine 'tricks' to the extreme (as in cold storage of excess mech hulls in a starving city -- definitely a feature that should be there, it's far more incentive to go to battle if you aren't losing it all and can recover and start grind NPCs again within hours after losing 120 nova, because you have 200 extra hulls stored, just have to activate and arm up)). As a result me and bofh999 won that server; not quite without help of the rest of our alliance -- it won't be possible -- they did a good job at supporting us, but as far most of the active war action was considered it was nearly just we two against three united alliances, so I won't apologize for any near-cheating (and we still didn't do anything a player couldn't).

I am not around; I just go by once in a long while... with no plans to ever start this again, it was a bit toxic, lol.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 09:25:10 PM by Enneagon »

Lech

• Vulture
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2019, 12:29:01 AM »

Nie ma za co przepraszać. Gra przestaje być grą strategiczną. Cieszyła mnie ta gra. Nie ma szans na nowych graczy. Grają krótko.
Wszelkie kombinacje i oszustwa są dozwolone. Nie ma kontroli nad tym. To już koniec tej gry. Wszyscy najlepsi gracze odchodzą. Szkoda że oszuści mają zadowolenie z wygranej.
Mech hero było grą strategiczną. KIEDYŚ BYA
Teraz jest grą dla oszustów i hakerów. Super. Taką grę kupiłeś ROBERT. Masz odpowiedż. Dlaczego coraz mniej jest graczy.
You dont have to be sorry. The game ceases to be a strategic game. I enjoyed this game. There is no chance for new players. They play briefly.
All combinations and deceptions are allowed. There is no control over this. This is the end of this game. All the best players leave. It is a pity that the scammers have satisfaction with winning.
Mech hero was a strategic game. WHEN WAS
Now is a game for cheaters and hackers. Cool. ROBERT bought this game. You have an answer. Why are there fewer and fewer players?

kylar

• Raptor
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2019, 05:12:26 PM »

I agree with ur point that husars multiaccounts are annoying.

Sorry i forgot to mention ur glorious multi called scyzoryk 2 servers ago.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 05:16:55 PM by kylar »

oWo

• Raptor
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2019, 05:21:46 PM »

I agree with ur point that husars multiaccounts are annoying.

Sorry i forgot to mention ur glorious multi called scyzoryk 2 servers ago.

yikes
Pages: 1 2 [3]