MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Game Mechanic Changes to Save Game!  (Read 163 times)

Storm

• Vulture
Game Mechanic Changes to Save Game!
« on: February 21, 2019, 07:08:42 PM »

Robert,

I have constantly watched as this game loses players and is dying.  The biggest issue is player bashing.  The game needs to change if it is going to survive.  Every time I suggest a change it gets bogged down with other suggestions and nothing is every done.  If you change some or all of the below suggestions, I Guarantee the game will improve with new players.  I really want the game to survive.  I don't want to discuss what will work or not.  I know the below items can improve the game.  If you only implement 1 of the changes that will be a start.

You cannot AB attack or be AB attacked if you have 5 or fewer cities. 
If you have 6 or more cities you can be AB attacked and you can AB attack yourself.
Any city that contains a rocket can be AB by anyone that can AB attack.

You must be 3 cities (number city difference) from target for an attack. 
If you have 5 cities you can attack someone with 8 cities or as low as 2 cities.
Any player with 10 or more cities can attack and be attacked by anyone else with 10 or more cities.

Max number of mechs based on cities.  20 for first city, 10 for each additional city.  (or some variation of this)
If you lose a city you keep # of mechs you have until they are destroyed, you just cannot create new mechs if at/over limit.

Remove sitter option.

Notify by email when under attack:  allow option to add a different email.  This allows for phone text messaging without SMS

option.  Phone#@txt.att.net email address would send my phone a text message.

auto # of harvesters needed to harvest a debris, make this standard and remove from SHA. 
The game should be pay for benefits, not pay to play.

Transform Resources:  standard transform time without SHA should be x5 time where SHA is currently x10. 
This is the min change as without SHA resource transformation is broken.  Current reduced efficiency is acceptable.

Resource pile should be lootable only by one who created it for first 2 hours and anyone after that.
Resource piles should dissappear after 12 hours.
Resource piles do not combine.  If no open area for pile, it does not form.

BIG THANKS for taking the time to read and consider this.  There are always other changes that can happen, but these are game changers and will improve play.  If you are afraid to make changes then implement these changes on only one server like say S3, and see how it does after a few games.

Taipan ... aka Simkin ... aka VVDOOM
... Long Live those Cthulhu Wolves from ages past!

Robert-MH

• Athlas
Re: Game Mechanic Changes to Save Game!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 10:14:29 PM »

Thank you for your honest feedback.  I'll try to answer you generally, avoiding going into details.

We can can develop this game as it is, but technology very, very limits us. 

We decided to acquire this game with one, clear goal. Make this as 3D, modern game, available on all main platforms (Android, Steam, Applestore, etc.). We believe that entering just on first platform, having potential millions of players, change the situation dramatically.

We work on some new features, new equipment, removing bugs, etc. but main priority and focus is on developing MH 2.0. I wish we could make development progress faster. That's obvious, but we have limited resources. We'll touch this and share more soon on youtube channel and reveal also sth exciting details from "behind the scene".