MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: S3 slow death and server consolidation  (Read 37 times)

TheDude

• Puma
S3 slow death and server consolidation
« on: December 03, 2018, 05:39:41 AM »

I just popped in to see how s3 was doing. I have to say that it looks like almost everyone abandoned this server.

There is one alliance active, and they have their antimatter storage to the maxed 34.5K and no one has made another spaceship in at least a week. There are players that should have at least 5 spaceships each with all 10 levels complete by now, and only 2 spaceships have been completed.

Perhaps you should end this server. In the future, you should set a timer once the moon portals show up. If no one completes all spaceships by time end, no one wins. The planet blows up and everyone dies. Different times based on server speed.

You should also consider having only one server going. I see you have the fast server starting soon. Could you decide and post on these forums if you are in fact only starting one server until player base returns? I had a plan to return to slow s3, but if it will not restart, then I will play in the fast s1. I personally do not like this idea of mine(I like the slow server better), but I think it is best until this game can recover.

Please post you plans soon. I want to start fast server if that in fact will be the only server running.

Also, I would like my massive amounts of credits that was on the slow server if you are only starting the fast server. You mentioned that I should email you if I did not get the mail with codes when the slow server ends, but it seems like it will never end. FYI, codes should be sent to email on account deletion, as they always have before. If you like I can send you my email (I really don't need them until s3 slow restarts, or very soon if only s1 fast server will be the only one running)

Thanks.

Robert-MH

• Puma
Re: S3 slow death and server consolidation
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 03:52:47 PM »

Frankly we turned the slow server for testing, if this playable option for players which has less time to play (as everything running slower there) and if this would or not "cannibalize" fast server.

After this run, I agree we will should not run simultaneously, having current player base, especially as we are migrating whole game into new physical server. Will back to this later.

BTW. No worries about your credits.

Thank you
Robert

TheDude

• Puma
Re: S3 slow death and server consolidation
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 11:24:34 PM »

So, does this mean slow server will not restart?

Means I need to start in fast server, so then I need the credits ;p

Edit: OK I checked my mail and see I have some credits from last fast server available. So I am good for a few weeks to wait for the rest ;D
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 11:42:27 PM by TheDude »