MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sitter mechanism  (Read 52 times)

Robert-MH

• Puma
Sitter mechanism
« on: December 02, 2018, 02:00:54 PM »

Hi Mech players,
As I had many discussions and tickets I am considering seriously to turn off this functionality, but want to gather your opinions first and launch a serious discussion.

Problem is that this mechanism has two sides and there is no simple answer to keep/turn off this:
1) Bright one side - simply to help player game-friends to maintain/develop our cities and avoid mech starvation.
2) Dark one - that this allows huge potential for cheating and multi accounts and this simply killing the game spirit and disencourage players from play. This was main reason why a lot of experienced people left the game.

Frankly I have never seen similar mechanism in other MMO games. We plan to launch also questionnaire on our facebook fanpage.

Could you give me your feedback?

Thank you,
Robert
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 02:16:14 PM by Robert-MH »

TheDude

• Puma
Re: Sitter mechanism
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 11:05:57 PM »

This is a good idea...to remove sitter options.

Originally, the sitter option was not good enough, meaning you can only have 3 sitters. Other 'hammer' players did not like this, so they gave account ID and PW to anyone who wanted to help out, thereby defeating these limits. IMO, this is when the game started downhill as no bans were really put in place. Obvious multies were banned, but that is about it.

This idea becomes meaningless if there is no IP ban in place. For example, if I log in to more than one account at any time (my IP is on more than one account name) automatic and immediate ban for all accounts involved. NO!, they do not get to keep one; all are banned.

I don't even like the 'vacation' option. If you look at games that offer this (lets use ogame as an example) you just end up with everyone in vacation mode and no one playing, AND you cannot even farm the accounts. So the entire server is basically dead.

If it is game on then you play. No time, then build the appropriate buildings to help with reduced gameplay. That being said, maybe you could increase each bunker to a possible lvl20 and shield generators to lvl20 as well if you remove sitter option.

Robert-MH

• Puma
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 04:07:28 PM »

Thanks for feedback. This is direction which I like to follow. I am waiting for someone to convince me that sitter is needed.

Discussions with "cheater suspected" are really annoying (I play with my wife/brother on the same computer ...).

TheDude

• Puma
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 11:27:16 PM »

Sure, you play with your family. Then play on one account with many different computers. This is easily done and gives a great advantage believe it or not. More than one account with same IP, instant BAN! no matter the reason.

Nobody

• Raptor
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 11:16:36 AM »

At some point my farther and brother were really interested in this game and wanted give it a try so three of us played at the same time and there was no problems with it; following that I can't imagine that 3 of us played on one account, you can't expect someone who has never played this game before to give you any advantage, they would drag you down instead of helping you and this kind of game-play wouldn't give them any fun

I kinda agree that sitter option is not necessary, you just give pass to other person(obviously you need to trust this person)

however you wanted some positives for sitter option:
->this feature is very useful for showing new players how to configure mechs for NPCs or battles; just telling/showing them is not enough, sometimes you need to do it for them by yourself and it's kinda dodgy question to ask them for their password, isn't it ? At the end this game is complex and you can't learn everything in one server lifetime
->on fast server if you are away for more than 6 hours you can get destroyed badly during that time so if there is second person checking from time to time you can minimise the damage; I saw people before leaving the game because they were attacked overnight and lost everything during that time
->this feature was for so long that people got used to it(maybe instead of deleting this feature, change it a little ?)

PS. Also if you create account on your phone and use network for internet then you can have two different IP addresses(there are also easier ways to go around this); Im curious how you will find a way for it