MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Honor introduction breaks individual statistics display on s3  (Read 6763 times)

Enneagon

• SpiderTank

Honor introduction breaks individual statistics display (SHA feature) on s3

I already reported this immediately using the "support" form (I believe,within hours after changes come live), but will try my luck here as well.
I'm a statoholic... ;)
This is indeed one of most useful features, lol, I follow my own activity using it.

Incorecy added honour renders it completely unusable, my ow stats now seem like this:

I still hoped it will correct itself at new day starting in record, but not the case.

I realy hope this will be resumed asap, in one way or another.

Dobq

• Wolverine
Re: Honor introduction breaks individual statistics display on s3
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 07:36:41 AM »

wow, why it's SHA feature?

Enneagon

• SpiderTank
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 09:23:44 PM »

Hmm, it seems to me now, the stats maybe are this broken only for players that never gain any positive honor.

This still is valid (and by far not rare) case.

Also, if there is any positive honor, any information about negative is cut off under the visible area... well, just like negative infrastructure... but that atleast not interfere with reading the rest.

Enneagon

• SpiderTank
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 08:26:51 PM »

~BUMP~

This bug is still active and annoying. It is so on all and any servers.

Well, if only someone may consider it useful to hide his activity details... :/
All that takes is to make sure you never finish a day Honor-positive - what isn't hard at all for large active players, the opposite (to finish at least one day ever with positive honor) is in fact harder (at least and especially to just happen unintentionally).

So, the details of the bug, again:

1) if someone does get negative honor before gaining any positive honor (not individual occasions but by result of any given day),
2) if he gets more negative honor than there was the very first day he get negative honor

- the stats graph is deformed, as any other lines are squashed in the space set by first ever negative result proportionally to the most negative result ever;
- this remains in effect until a single day is finished with positive honor... what quite often times mean, never.

Well, honestly a rather minor thing... but, completely useless feature that introduces annoying bug and damages otherwise very useful tool making it fully or partially useless, is... well, annoying, immensely.

Enneagon

• SpiderTank
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 06:19:33 PM »

2) if he gets more negative honor than there was the very first day he get negative honor...

...other lines are squashed in the space set by first ever negative result proportionally to the most negative result ever;

No, this is not true.
There cases when like in the old picture above the very first occasion of negative honor deforms the other stats, and I admit to have no idea to what it becomes proportional to (maybe indeed to -1), but whatever....

Get rid of this, please.

Enneagon

• SpiderTank
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 07:22:07 PM »

Will continue to spam on this.... I know, that's likely futile. :(
I reported this trough support form recently (last week?) - again - including some technical details... now will try here... again.

Well, what I have to say, I have watched my "honor" chart dynamics on new s1 and think, I grew in understanding what is going on.

The chart of any parameter is proportional to highest value of it, rendered as 100% on the chart space. This is expected - and - works flawlessly for any parameter that was positive at least once.

Now, the "honor" starts negative for just about any active player and remains negative-only for long, in many cases for the whole server lifetime.
(And there are cases where in current system it is clearly impossible to register positive honor for even any single day - but that is in fact a whole different problem... the whole "honor" system is a one huge bug in its entirety, imho, but lets stick with this exact issue of broken statistics chart.)

So, what is really going on here:

1) For some reason the negative honor values are rendered in positive space on the chart - while there no single positive day-value for it
--- this shouldn't happen - even always negative values should be rendered as negative --- this is the main error here, perhaps;

2) chart remains proportional to highest - in this case - the least negative value is rendered as 100% on the chart space
--- this shouldn't happen - always negative values should be proportional to the most negative value;

3) now, if there are some day-values more negative than others (e.g. -15 one day and -3 other day) the more negative values are rendered above 100% (in our example -15 becomes 500%)
--- this shouldn't happen - no value should exceed 100% on this chart;

4) the chart dynamically adapts to hold those high % values
--- this shouldn't happen - there no reason to display values over 100% --- because they should be bugged anyway;

5) all other parameters remain (correctly) displayed as proportional to 100%, thus, are compressed in narrow area near the bottom edge of the chart - especially in case of high differences between negative honor day-values (in our example - in 1/5 of the height of whole chart, while only "honor" is displayed above that)
--- this shouldn't happen - all parameter max values should be rendered as maxy --- if that is not 100 for whatever reason.

You see, there are five steps, and an error in each of them... ugh...  :P

Correcting any single step would constitute if not full resolution then at least a valid work-around for the problem.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 07:40:38 PM by Enneagon »

Neo

• translations_ro
  • Nemesis
  • Kill'em with FIRE!
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 07:50:04 AM »

Dude get a life  ::)

Almighty Sturm

• Raptor
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 05:39:56 AM »

Yo neo where u playing at?

furek86

• Wolverine
  • http://bit.ly/wolfpackteaser
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 05:03:57 PM »

with himself :)

Enneagon

• SpiderTank
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2015, 11:20:18 PM »

This error I reported on day one as it first appeared is still as annoying as always. Huh.

Enneagon

• SpiderTank
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2015, 02:51:32 AM »

Decided to give another bump here.

Well, if no fix in code is possible, this issue could obviously be easily avoided by giving every new player +1 honor at start.

Would not correct existing players though...