MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Level 20 Power Plants - on normal speed server - S5  (Read 3156 times)

Enneagon

• SpiderTank
Level 20 Power Plants - on normal speed server - S5
« on: January 24, 2013, 02:04:09 AM »

Is that ever possible?

I had a look on the resource requirements for those - and for me they just don't make any sense at all.

Simple math imply, I should build all 9 possible crystal storage and 7 gas storage all to level 20 just to do that - what basically means, i should raze almost any other building in the city...  :o

OK, I'm still far away from doing that - just planing ahead - and concluding, that can never be done in reality, just because of obvious logistics problems, even without regard to the shear crazy amount of rescues for relatively little gain...

But I see that to be somehow wrong, there should't be options that are practically unreachable, I believe.

Hop Wo

• Vulture
Re: Level 20 Power Plants - on normal speed server - S5
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 05:06:34 AM »

Yes, that looks like the case.

Only reason might be for bragging rights.

From what I understand, Power Plants past Level 15 tend to be rare, since the amount of resources needed to construct are so high, and for a finite game-length (30 Weeks+) the Power plant won't pay itself back.

traz

• Athlas
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 01:27:39 AM »

this has been commented on several times its a fail by the developers there has never been nor do i ever see anyone bothering to build to 20 would be pointless. Unfortunately developers are aware of this and think that its ok...kinda dumb eh?   ::)

adamsky

• Nova
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 11:54:46 AM »

It wasn't our idea, it came from players.

At first Power Plant max level was set to 16. Players wanted more. Since it wasn't a problem for us, we set max level at 20 and adjusted max ammount of warehouses to make it possible.

I agree it's not reasonable, but we assume that someone actvie enough to build Power Plants higher than level 17 knows what is he doing. :)

Itwasmyidea

• SpiderTank
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 09:34:06 AM »

its possible on s1 (speed server), i made a lvl 19 but the game ended while lvl 20 was under construction, i had abadoned the account and had only came back to try to achieve it.
Im pretty sure some of the active guys on there with credits and plenty resources could achieve it easily.

Itwasmyidea

• SpiderTank
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 09:35:09 AM »

but to add on a normal server?  wouldnt ever go there ;D

adamsky

• Nova
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 12:16:50 PM »

It's easier on S1, because warehouses are bigger there. :)

The problem is that above certain level it's not profitable.
On regular server lvl 18 Power Plant produces 1620 * 1.32 = 2138 (I'm adding 32% bonus from Power Coil)
Level 19 Power Plant produces 2383.
Production gets increased by 2383 - 2138 - 1 = 244

Level 18 costs 207344 cells (I assume that player has enough crystal and gas and he doesn't have to worry about those).
So you need 207344 / 244 = 850 hours to make it profitable. It's more than a month.

I agree it doesn't seem reasonable to build Power Plants to such high levels, but I know players who go for level 19 and are doing fine. In that case I don't see a reason not to allow level 20.