MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: AB Damage and Multiple Buildings of the Same Type  (Read 1692 times)

Hop Wo

• Vulture
AB Damage and Multiple Buildings of the Same Type
« on: January 23, 2013, 02:14:47 AM »

Do AB Hits get randomly distributed between Buildings of the Same Type?

For Instance:

If I attack someone with a DWE (1000 Damage), and target his bunkers (3000 Str/Level), and let's say he has 3 Bunkers, (A, B and C)

Then do the DWE shots keep hitting Bunker A until it is destroyed, or are all the shots randomly distributed between A, B, and C?

Thanks in Advance

Kalc Foo

• SpiderTank
Re: AB Damage and Multiple Buildings of the Same Type
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 06:05:27 PM »

First, I have to note you either included unnecessary information in your question, or not enough.  DWE's do 1000 damage per round, and you didn't say how many levels the bunkers have.

Basically, I think what you want to know is that the weapon will keep sending rounds at the first selected building until the building is destroyed, before selecting another building.  I don't know how the first bunker in your example would be selected, or how the next one would be after the first one is destroyed.
I'm talking about mech fu fighting.

Hop Wo

• Vulture
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 11:33:41 PM »

That brings another question then,

How do buildings of the same type get initially targeted?

Using the example above, if Bunker A is Level 10, Bunker B is Level 9, and Bunker C is Level 8, then does the DWE target the highest Leveled building first (Bunker A)?  Or is it random?  Or some other selection factor?

Enneagon

• SpiderTank
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 12:56:54 AM »

OK, I did this exact exercise recently - sent DWE's one by one to a neighbor city all day long.

Have no idea how the first bunker got selected cause in my example they all were identical level initially, but later on they were shot in strict order - once the target was set it was shot until destroyed, then selected next, and consecutive runs continued the same pattern, no randomization, I better give an example:

each row represents situation after one DWE hit per attack -
bunkers: (a)=12, (b)=12, (c)=12, (d)=12
bunkers: (a)= 3, (b)=12, (c)=12, (d)=12
bunkers: (a)= 0, (b)= 5, (c)=12, (d)=12
bunkers: (a)= 0, (b)= 0, (c)= 8, (d)=12
bunkers: (a)= 0, (b)= 0, (c)= 0, (d)=11

Numbers are illustrative, I don't remember the exact, but that was about how it goes, 85% accuracy gives an average ~ 29.75 hits per gun, and that results on only 9 bunker levels in average per DWE.

I could guess from this, that the lowest level building is selected first, not highest or random.

The picture changes if multiple guns fire at once - they select one target each and fire in parallel, as far I can judge from bombings we done (or received).

Kalc Foo

• SpiderTank
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 08:13:44 PM »

If you show the combat rounds and look at the end, you can see that the a-b weapons do not fire in parallel, nor are targets selecting all at once before firing starts.  It is done in serial order, one at a time.  If they were fired in parallel, there would be situations where one building was seriously over bombed, with wasted rounds.  You can see no rounds ever fire at an already destroyed building.  If two mechs fire at Power Plants, and the first mech leaves a Power Plant being a lower level than the rest, the next mech will target that newly-made lowest level one and pick up where the previous mech left off.
I'm talking about mech fu fighting.