MechHero Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A silly question  (Read 1644 times)

Fichom

• Athlas
A silly question
« on: December 19, 2012, 01:07:23 AM »

I have noticed that people on forum get ranks(named by mech chassis), and i guess those depend on number of posts, but what do the small bars represent(i noticed i have 2 bars, admins have 5, and most of people have 1 bar...)

Btw, sry for posting it here, but this place is the only place i find logical to ask this kind of thing, because there is no "Questions about forum" section...

Isotope

• Puma
Re: A silly question
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 01:34:49 AM »

I've always found that people concerned with irrelevant post rank, have little to say. Some are post-padders who will say anything to gain the next "rank". This is directly correlated with skill. I usually look for a low number of posts that say somthing like "I've played this game for x years, and this is my first post, but". Those statements usually mean a bit more than the number of bars/mech design/etc. ;)

Kalc Foo

• SpiderTank
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 02:59:41 AM »

I use the Babylon Theme, and I don't see any bars.
I'm talking about mech fu fighting.

Fichom

• Athlas
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 11:17:30 PM »

I've always found that people concerned with irrelevant post rank, have little to say. Some are post-padders who will say anything to gain the next "rank". This is directly correlated with skill. I usually look for a low number of posts that say somthing like "I've played this game for x years, and this is my first post, but". Those statements usually mean a bit more than the number of bars/mech design/etc. ;)

If you are trying to suggest I'm some stupid guy that just wants higher rank in forum, and just posts super short comments, well you are wrong. First reason you are wrong is I don't care about some bars, I just wondered what they are used for. At least I pay enough attention on forum to notice these little details. Details matter. Second thing you are wrong is, well, I usually write huge posts that everyone is usually lazy to read(I could give you some links if you so insisted). If you didn't try to say that, well ignore this, but it would be really hard to believe it.